Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts
Default honorably requesting patfans permission to discuss...

...tedi bruschis comeback. thank you. this seems like an act of desperation. i just cant see him coming back if the team were 6-0 or 5-1. but with the team ranked 28th in points allowed and a 3-3 record i can see where they would want that motivational coach on the field playing. brown and biesel havent cut it but will bruschi be able to solve all the problems? or will he be a liability?

im not one to say he should or shouldnt play because of his family or health. he should do whatever he wants to do. i would actually like to see him come back and the pats continue to do what they have been doing- playing .500 ball.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: honorably requesting patfans permission to discuss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
...tedi bruschis comeback. thank you. this seems like an act of desperation. i just cant see him coming back if the team were 6-0 or 5-1. but with the team ranked 28th in points allowed and a 3-3 record i can see where they would want that motivational coach on the field playing. brown and biesel havent cut it but will bruschi be able to solve all the problems? or will he be a liability?

im not one to say he should or shouldnt play because of his family or health. he should do whatever he wants to do. i would actually like to see him come back and the pats continue to do what they have been doing- playing .500 ball.
Request denied......NEXT!
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
tony hipchest

insightful input from a patfan. i guess even they dont like discussing the patriots. tom brady might get peeved.

come on living..... im trying to prompt a discussion. im not saying bruschi will suck or that he shouldnt come back. my post contained 2 opinions:

that it seems like an act of desperation (which very well could be fact)

and that i dont think he would be mounting a comeback if the team were 5-1 (which very well could be fact also, we will never know since they are 3-3).

its actually quite noble that he would do this for the sake of his team. (just an opinion. could never be proven to be factual. way to subjective and left to interpretation)
Old 10-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
insightful input from a patfan. i guess even they dont like discussing the patriots. tom brady might get peeved.

come on living..... im trying to prompt a discussion. im not saying bruschi will suck or that he shouldnt come back. my post contained 2 opinions:

that it seems like an act of desperation (which very well could be fact)

and that i dont think he would be mounting a comeback if the team were 5-1 (which very well could be fact also, we will never know since they are 3-3).

its actually quite noble that he would do this for the sake of his team. (just an opinion. could never be proven to be factual. way to subjective and left to interpretation)
Sorry Tony,

Couldnt resist the temptation....forgive me for my moment of weakness.

You know how I love to talk all things football.

Tedy Bruschi is a football player through and through - not a prima donna like so many others - I know he has a family and all but I think he lives and breathes football like the rest of us football nuts.

I dont believe that this move is in any way desperate - he has been cleared by all the doctors that examined him, and the doctors are in possession of many more facts pertaining to Tedy's health than you and I.

The only reasons people are questioning it are

1. Tedy said he would only be back next year

2. The Pats D is having a mostly terrible time.

I would have to disagree with you - I think Tedy would still be coming back if this team were 5-1 - as much as he loves football I dont see how the doctors could be forced to put their reputations on the line just because Tedy wants to come back early.

Can you imagine the black mark on the Doc's c.v. should anything untoward happen to him that was related to the heart defect???

I cant make any sort of judgement yet on how the minor stroke will have affected Tedy's motor skills, if at all.......we are going to have to wait for game time for the definitive answer to that one......week 10/11 would probably be a fair time to make an assessment.

You want to be careful what you wish for Tony...you say you want the Pats to keep doing what they are doing....Im sure I dont need to remind you one of them things is beating the Steelers on their own patch.....

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

i personally feel that Tedy should wait until next year to come back.
My personal opinion of the "moribund Patriots", has nothing to do with me thinking.
I have respect for Tedy, and i wish him the best of luck. If he comes back full strength he should be able to help the Pats defense, but i think he has to look at the greater picture of his health now, and in his future.
GO STEELERS

HEY PAST, what pats board are you on and what is the general opinion of Bruschi?????

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 10-17-2005 at 07:47 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Sorry Tony,

Couldnt resist the temptation....forgive me for my moment of weakness.

You know how I love to talk all things football.

Tedy Bruschi is a football player through and through - not a prima donna like so many others - I know he has a family and all but I think he lives and breathes football like the rest of us football nuts.

I dont believe that this move is in any way desperate - he has been cleared by all the doctors that examined him, and the doctors are in possession of many more facts pertaining to Tedy's health than you and I.

The only reasons people are questioning it are

1. Tedy said he would only be back next year

2. The Pats D is having a mostly terrible time.

I would have to disagree with you - I think Tedy would still be coming back if this team were 5-1 - as much as he loves football I dont see how the doctors could be forced to put their reputations on the line just because Tedy wants to come back early.

Can you imagine the black mark on the Doc's c.v. should anything untoward happen to him that was related to the heart defect???

I cant make any sort of judgement yet on how the minor stroke will have affected Tedy's motor skills, if at all.......we are going to have to wait for game time for the definitive answer to that one......week 10/11 would probably be a fair time to make an assessment.

You want to be careful what you wish for Tony...you say you want the Pats to keep doing what they are doing....Im sure I dont need to remind you one of them things is beating the Steelers on their own patch.....

Cheers

NM
i wanna see them beat the pats in foxboro!!!! nothing could be sweeter. i agree with the dr.s reps. i dont think bruschi is risking any further injury if he returns. even if he was i wouldnt say he shouldnt do it. its kinda like abortion. its not my body so who am i to say what someone should or can do. im thinking more of conditionning, the speed of football, and whether bruschi is actually the answer or is it mangini, harrisson, age, d. starks looking old, too many old ex steelers etc. i am sure bruschi stepping on the field for a game the 1st time will fire up the crowd (you know his return would be planned in boston) and the team. but is that enough to get them back to the superbowl. im sceptical at this point. if they were4-2 i would have no doubts but this team is 2 vinatieri fg's away from 1-5
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
i wanna see them beat the pats in foxboro!!!! nothing could be sweeter. i agree with the dr.s reps. i dont think bruschi is risking any further injury if he returns. even if he was i wouldnt say he shouldnt do it. its kinda like abortion. its not my body so who am i to say what someone should or can do. im thinking more of conditionning, the speed of football, and whether bruschi is actually the answer or is it mangini, harrisson, age, d. starks looking old, too many old ex steelers etc. i am sure bruschi stepping on the field for a game the 1st time will fire up the crowd (you know his return would be planned in boston) and the team. but is that enough to get them back to the superbowl. im sceptical at this point. if they were4-2 i would have no doubts but this team is 2 vinatieri fg's away from 1-5
I take your point about it being Tedy's choice - its one I agree with wholeheartedly.

If you want my honest opinion - the Patriots have done real well to get to the bye week at 3-3 - we have suffered a couple of blow-outs but it is comforting to know that if we can keep competitive in a game that we still have the ability to get it done in the clutch.

Just Bruschi alone would not be enough to get us back to the big game - but if we could have some of the following back it would put us back in with a real shout.

Corey Dillon
Richard Seymour
Tyrone Poole
Matt Light
Kevin Faulk
Randall Gay

The first four are all starters - I am firm believer that you only as strong as your weakest link - and two players in particular have cost us this year - Chad Brown and Duane Starks.

If you swap them two for Bruschi and Tyrone Poole/ Randall Gay - I think you see our D make a big step up in big play ability and solidity against the run.

We miss Harrisons organisational skills in the D - Bruschi will definitely bring some of that back to the team regardless of his physical presense in the game.

Cheers

NM
Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I think Bruschi needs to think about this a little more. Why come back this season when not only you, but the entire team will be healthier next season and back in the swing of things? I'm not saying the Patriots should give up this season, just that the risk/benefit for both Bruschi and the Pats comes out heavily in favor of his returning next year as opposed to now.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. Lights
I think Bruschi needs to think about this a little more. Why come back this season when not only you, but the entire team will be healthier next season and back in the swing of things? I'm not saying the Patriots should give up this season, just that the risk/benefit for both Bruschi and the Pats comes out heavily in favor of his returning next year as opposed to now.
the clock is ticking on bruschi and the pats. if he dont come back this season he might as well retire. how old is he? the sun has set and the stars are shining. the twilight of his career is upon us.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

If Im the pats owner, Mr. Kraft, Im telling teddy... Look dude, u r the heart and soul of the defense; you and Harrison. You represent everything this organization is about and we want you around for a long time.. go get 100% healthy and show up here next minicamp.

I kinda thought Teddy would wanna make a comeback..he's just a player thru and thru and he wants to be on the field. That's who he is and you cant fault him for that.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote