Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Steelers security..

in light of the sean taylor situation and other nfl shootings, I really think the steelers should add security. I think professional athletes are quickly becoming targets.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Steelers security..

well we did have porter get shot a couple years ago. that sucked.. but theres really nothing else you can do other than have a gun by your bed and not go to places with drunks high in testosterone such as clubs. but that will never end, so theres not much else you can do.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

how do you propose they add security??? unless they are at the stadium, its up to the individual athlete to protect themselves. you cant blame them for trying to live a some what normal life. that is why alot of athletes try to keep their private life private, b/c that is about the only thing they have. i mean seriously, as fans do we really need to know who they are sleeping with and that sort of thing? but maybe some should keep better company.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
how do you propose they add security??? unless they are at the stadium, its up to the individual athlete to protect themselves. you cant blame them for trying to live a some what normal life. that is why alot of athletes try to keep their private life private, b/c that is about the only thing they have. i mean seriously, as fans do we really need to know who they are sleeping with and that sort of thing? but maybe some should keep better company.
I'm not talking about security guards holding bens hand 24/7. I'm talking about added security at the facilitys as well as the stadium
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Why? Taylor's shooting was at his home in Miami!

This sounds like a targeted attack either on the house or possibly on Taylor. Remember, there have been previous break-ins at his house and although he was turning his life around he also ran with a questionable crowd from time to time.

So whether this stems from his previous life or just a mere coinicdence that it was his place, doesn't mean that by adding security to the stadium facilities is going to protect the athletes or the other fans for that matter.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,315 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
This sounds like a targeted attack either on the house or possibly on Taylor. Remember, there have been previous break-ins at his house and although he was turning his life around he also ran with a questionable crowd from time to time.
I agree - it's being classified as either a "robbery" or "burglary," yet no items were missing from the house itself? Doesn't add up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
in light of the sean taylor situation and other nfl shootings, I really think the steelers should add security. I think professional athletes are quickly becoming targets.
There is enough security at HF and over at the South Side practice facility, so I wouldn't worry about the safety of the players at either of those places. From what I've read today, Taylor had a security system installed in his home, but his g'f's sister was staying with them and had gone out and the alarm was not turned back on. I'm sure 99% of pro athletes have security systems - it is up to them individually to protect their own a$$es when they leave the Steelers facilities, imho.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Well at Heinz Field they pat everyone down before you go in. I remember they did that when I went to my first game last year. Trust me, not that many other stadiums pat you down, I've been to many. So I'll give the Steelers that.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Steelers already have this base covered. They don't draft gangstas, and if they slip up and find out that they were wrong, they cut 'em.

I'll give you an example.

Ricky Williams is currently in the Dolphins tough "10 strikes and you're still back" probation program.

Bam Morris was caught with a trunk full of pot and the Steelers cut him the day after he was convicted. By the way, is anyone surprised that the Ravens were the team that picked him up?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Steelers already have this base covered. They don't draft gangstas, and if they slip up and find out that they were wrong, they cut 'em.

I'll give you an example.

Ricky Williams is currently in the Dolphins tough "10 strikes and you're still back" probation program.

Bam Morris was caught with a trunk full of pot and the Steelers cut him the day after he was convicted. By the way, is anyone surprised that the Ravens were the team that picked him up?
he and ray lewis are probably BFF...lol...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote