Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers security..

in light of the sean taylor situation and other nfl shootings, I really think the steelers should add security. I think professional athletes are quickly becoming targets.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,147
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 187 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

well we did have porter get shot a couple years ago. that sucked.. but theres really nothing else you can do other than have a gun by your bed and not go to places with drunks high in testosterone such as clubs. but that will never end, so theres not much else you can do.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

how do you propose they add security??? unless they are at the stadium, its up to the individual athlete to protect themselves. you cant blame them for trying to live a some what normal life. that is why alot of athletes try to keep their private life private, b/c that is about the only thing they have. i mean seriously, as fans do we really need to know who they are sleeping with and that sort of thing? but maybe some should keep better company.
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
how do you propose they add security??? unless they are at the stadium, its up to the individual athlete to protect themselves. you cant blame them for trying to live a some what normal life. that is why alot of athletes try to keep their private life private, b/c that is about the only thing they have. i mean seriously, as fans do we really need to know who they are sleeping with and that sort of thing? but maybe some should keep better company.
I'm not talking about security guards holding bens hand 24/7. I'm talking about added security at the facilitys as well as the stadium
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Why? Taylor's shooting was at his home in Miami!

This sounds like a targeted attack either on the house or possibly on Taylor. Remember, there have been previous break-ins at his house and although he was turning his life around he also ran with a questionable crowd from time to time.

So whether this stems from his previous life or just a mere coinicdence that it was his place, doesn't mean that by adding security to the stadium facilities is going to protect the athletes or the other fans for that matter.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,620
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 263
Thanked 1,315 Times in 477 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
This sounds like a targeted attack either on the house or possibly on Taylor. Remember, there have been previous break-ins at his house and although he was turning his life around he also ran with a questionable crowd from time to time.
I agree - it's being classified as either a "robbery" or "burglary," yet no items were missing from the house itself? Doesn't add up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
in light of the sean taylor situation and other nfl shootings, I really think the steelers should add security. I think professional athletes are quickly becoming targets.
There is enough security at HF and over at the South Side practice facility, so I wouldn't worry about the safety of the players at either of those places. From what I've read today, Taylor had a security system installed in his home, but his g'f's sister was staying with them and had gone out and the alarm was not turned back on. I'm sure 99% of pro athletes have security systems - it is up to them individually to protect their own a$$es when they leave the Steelers facilities, imho.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer
 
FastWillieParker39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 368
Member Number: 4348
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Well at Heinz Field they pat everyone down before you go in. I remember they did that when I went to my first game last year. Trust me, not that many other stadiums pat you down, I've been to many. So I'll give the Steelers that.
__________________
FastWillieParker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

The Steelers already have this base covered. They don't draft gangstas, and if they slip up and find out that they were wrong, they cut 'em.

I'll give you an example.

Ricky Williams is currently in the Dolphins tough "10 strikes and you're still back" probation program.

Bam Morris was caught with a trunk full of pot and the Steelers cut him the day after he was convicted. By the way, is anyone surprised that the Ravens were the team that picked him up?
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers security..

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Steelers already have this base covered. They don't draft gangstas, and if they slip up and find out that they were wrong, they cut 'em.

I'll give you an example.

Ricky Williams is currently in the Dolphins tough "10 strikes and you're still back" probation program.

Bam Morris was caught with a trunk full of pot and the Steelers cut him the day after he was convicted. By the way, is anyone surprised that the Ravens were the team that picked him up?
he and ray lewis are probably BFF...lol...
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts