Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default The Bengals

Ok, lets break down the Bengals and really get into the Guts of this week's opposition.

First and foremost, Chad Johnson Never has great games against the Steelers. In games we have lost to them in recent memory, it has always been Henry and Hushamama that have made the big plays and "killed" us.

their defense isn't great, its 28th, but that just means we can look for a stunting 8 man front to get us out of our rushing game early and then they can pin back their ears and try to chase down Big Ben.

Their running game isn't great, but having to cover 3 main receivers will find us in a nickel often and that will open up lanes for the draw, screen or inside handoff out of the single back formation. If Diesel, Hampton and Smith can't clog holes, it'll be a long day.

Palmer is a very accurate passer, he is better than any of the QBs we have actually lost to this season, so he is always dangerous. If The Steelers allow the Bengals to get an early lead and gain confidence, it could be a rough day. Hopefully, Willie will get on track, our Offense will punish them with a balanced attack, we will get up early and make the Bengals hang their heads early.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: The Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Ok, lets break down the Bengals and really get into the Guts of this week's opposition.

First and foremost, Chad Johnson Never has great games against the Steelers. In games we have lost to them in recent memory, it has always been Henry and Hushamama that have made the big plays and "killed" us.

their defense isn't great, its 28th, but that just means we can look for a stunting 8 man front to get us out of our rushing game early and then they can pin back their ears and try to chase down Big Ben.

Their running game isn't great, but having to cover 3 main receivers will find us in a nickel often and that will open up lanes for the draw, screen or inside handoff out of the single back formation. If Diesel, Hampton and Smith can't clog holes, it'll be a long day.

Palmer is a very accurate passer, he is better than any of the QBs we have actually lost to this season, so he is always dangerous. If The Steelers allow the Bengals to get an early lead and gain confidence, it could be a rough day. Hopefully, Willie will get on track, our Offense will punish them with a balanced attack, we will get up early and make the Bengals hang their heads early.
While a divisional rival usually puts my "radar" up, as long as our O doesn't turn the ball over and the D limits the Bungles' receivers (I'm not worried about Rudi or Watson) to short passes and doesn't give up the long ball, the Steelers should get Win #9. CJ doesn't worry me at all - he won't have the game he had last week against the Steelers D, but IBoinkedHenry'sMama is always a concern, as I believe him to be the more potent of the two. Chris Henry will be lurking out there, but he'll be too busy scoping the stands for a high school cheerleader or majorette to seduce with a bottle of Wild Irish Rose after the game.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I'm not underestimating CJ, even though he hasn't had good games against our D in a long long time that could change this sunday, who knows....

They have an awful D so I just hope Arians lets Ben come out throwing to give us a lead while we let Harrison and the rest of the crew beat up Palmer.

This will be the real test for our pass D, they're #1 right now so I want to see how they do against a very talented group of receivers
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

They'll be too busy tip toeing through the mud........

I ain't afraid of no Bungles.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

I know Im tired of watching the Steelers gift wrap games for those scumbags at Heinz .

It stops now! I want to see Palmer and Johnson's faces in the mud all game long.

Lets go Steelers...Its time to get your heads out of your asses and play physical Steelers Football!!

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

I wouldn't count out CJ yet. He's still not a bad receiver. Will be a huge test for our D this weekend.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Ike will handle CJ.....He always does....All you have to due is get physical with CJ and he folds like a deck of cards.......Now TJ Humpshismama and Chris "Thug Life" Henry always burn us.......Mainly since Henry is such a mis match as the Bengals 3rd WR......Even though Thug Life is an idiot he is still a very talented football player......So the Steelers better be prepared to score some points...With Thug Life back I expect the Bengals to score more then 13 points like they did in the first game against us this year......

I still like the Steelers big time in this game.......The Bengals D won't stop us....

Steelers 34 Bengals 23

Now if its another game in the slop....Then who knows...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Now if its another game in the slop....Then who knows...lol
Just might be. The weather forecast thus far for Sunday is - dare I say it -

Quote:
Sunday (24 hours): Showers. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 30s.
I'm hoping the forecast will change. My heart can't take another game like that.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Just might be. The weather forecast thus far for Sunday is - dare I say it -

I'm hoping the forecast will change. My heart can't take another game like that.
does that mean we will have to send the punter over to give you cpr??

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

For some strange reason, I'm always at the Bungles game in the 'Burgh. And we always lose when I'm there.

I'm not going this year.

The Bungs will come out tossing the ball around. If we can shut that down early, we will dominate them. The Bengals are a bad team with almost nothing left in the tank. Their back can easily be broken. But we need to crush their spirit fast. If they get a cheap early TD they'll actually start thinking they can beat us, and we'll have a game on our hands.