Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Patriots Pricey Future

Excellent article on how the Pats BETTER do it this year...The potential money to keep this team together is next to impossible. They look to be a One Chance Team thrown together without thought for long term cohesion.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...94#articleFull
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903
Default Re: Patriots Pricey Future

Good post! And this guy is talking about 1st round choices? Did he not hear what the commish had to say about the first round picks?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
So let?s add up just the up-front/guaranteed money. Using the above scenarios, the Pats would have to fork over at least $23 million to Samuel, $11 million to Moss, $11 million to Stallworth, $18 million to Wilfork and $18 million to the draft choice. That?s over $80 million in bonuses and guarantees to just five players in one offseason

This sums up what the Pats are looking at. How sweet will it be to see "the best team in history" get knocked out of the playoffs ,and then be disassembled like a Daniel Snyder "super team"
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I'm sure they will all play at a substantially reduced rate next year as well, because, well, the Patriots are such a special team to play for.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm sure they will all play at a substantially reduced rate next year as well, because, well, the Patriots are such a special team to play for.
Maybe Brady can woo them into staying with a gift box of that fancy Stetson cologne he has been pimping.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

As far as Moss is concerned, this year may be a damned if the do, damned if they don't situation.

Moss clearly wanted a ring. That's why he jumped on board with this fortification of talent, to make a run. If they win it all, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss take the best of both worlds and take an absurd contract elsewhere. He gets his ring, then gets a huge payday (and maybe an MVP, as well.)

If the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, Moss might stick around with another one year deal to take another crack at it. Moss gets another swing and the Patriots get him cheap again... problem is... they didn't win another ring.

I could see Moss taking pay cuts until he wins a big one, but as soon as its all done... he could very possibly duck out.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
As far as Moss is concerned, this year may be a damned if the do, damned if they don't situation.

Moss clearly wanted a ring. That's why he jumped on board with this fortification of talent, to make a run. If they win it all, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss take the best of both worlds and take an absurd contract elsewhere. He gets his ring, then gets a huge payday (and maybe an MVP, as well.)

If the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, Moss might stick around with another one year deal to take another crack at it. Moss gets another swing and the Patriots get him cheap again... problem is... they didn't win another ring.

I could see Moss taking pay cuts until he wins a big one, but as soon as its all done... he could very possibly duck out.
I dont know..with Moss's ego, I have to think that it gnaws at him to not being paid "big money"....I think his need to blame others was the deciding factor in leaving Oakland, and next year he is going to want what he "deserves" in the form of a huge contract.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I dont know..with Moss's ego, I have to think that it gnaws at him to not being paid "big money"....I think his need to blame others was the deciding factor in leaving Oakland, and next year he is going to want what he "deserves" in the form of a huge contract.
I'm not so sure. He got his big money in Oakland and you saw how depressed he was. I think he finally realized that he's be out of the league in a few years and forgotten. It's my hope that he's out to make a name for himself next to Brady. I think that's why he requested #81, to call out Owens to see who the real bad ass reciever is.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #9
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Wow. Real journalism and it's about the Patriots. I thought sport media "writers" just emailed the same crap to each other.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I'm not so sure. He got his big money in Oakland and you saw how depressed he was. I think he finally realized that he's be out of the league in a few years and forgotten. It's my hope that he's out to make a name for himself next to Brady. I think that's why he requested #81, to call out Owens to see who the real bad ass reciever is.
I dont think his problem in Oakland was anything moe than being called out on his attitude and self-proclaimed willingness to take some plays off. I think he is still the same ego-maniac that he has always been and soon he will "want it all"....the accolades and the money.

In Belichick he has a found soul-mate...another version of Moss, dressed up in natty-sweats, but the same "I'm above all this" attitude that doesnt understand why God himself doesnt have the sun rise and set for the single purpose of illuminating their "greatness".

Those two super-egos may co-exist for a short time...but there is going to be a day when both are going to have to prove themselves to the other and both will feel "disrespected".