Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default what is wrong with us!?!

i know this question is what everyone has been asking themselves ever since the broncos game. i wish i could tell you but all i can do is speculate and give my opinions, if u want to give some please dont give more than 5:

1. we went from a 2 TE set to a 3 WR set, for no reason.

2. we picked up a guy named najeh

3. we are starting clark haggans over a 1st round pick

4. we are not deep at any position besides linebacker

5.we allowed john kuhn to sign with GB

besides for #5, these are pretty big reasons why our O and D arent as good as what they need to be, our D could be better when it comes to pressure and pass defense.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: what is wrong with us!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i know this question is what everyone has been asking themselves ever since the broncos game. i wish i could tell you but all i can do is speculate and give my opinions, if u want to give some please dont give more than 5:

besides for #5, these are pretty big reasons why our O and D arent as good as what they need to be, our D could be better when it comes to pressure and pass defense.
Maybe you haven't heard, but we have a top 10 offense and the #1 defense in the NFL in 3 of the 4 major categories - including pass defense. The only major category they aren't ranked #1 in - rush defense - they are ranked #2. They are also 4th in the NFL in sacks.

And you say they aren't as good as they need to be (with the obvious exception being the truly offensive line)? What the hell have we been watching this season then?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
FOOTEupyourarse
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 3310

this is just a response to your reasons
1. its called mixing up the offense
2. did we just get him recently? thought he was producing well
3. clark haggans has been starting several years and is BETTER than right now
4. i didnt think we were deep at any postions
5. he has a couple good plays in a game and he is the answer to all of our problems?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTEupyourarse View Post
this is just a response to your reasons
1. its called mixing up the offense
2. did we just get him recently? thought he was producing well
3. clark haggans has been starting several years and is BETTER than right now
4. i didnt think we were deep at any postions
5. he has a couple good plays in a game and he is the answer to all of our problems?
You know, when he mentioned John Kuhn, I shouldn't have even bothered to respond. Can someone please explain to me this fascination with this guy? What's he done? OK, so he opened up a hole last night for Ryan Grant's TD. That makes him a stud all of a sudden? Good grief!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,110 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post

1. Spaeth is a rookie and got hurt and then Tuman got hurt - you work with what you have, not with what you want

2. We got Najah last year and LB, TE & a punter were regarded as a bigger priority this past draft (+ OL still is) - if Kuhn was so good why did he not play in 2006?

3. Timmons was hurt all preseason & Haggans is playing better

4. Injuries are a bitch and the salary cap does not make it real easy to recreate the 70s Steelers

5. See #2 - in addition, Kuhn got picked up as a RB by a team with one of the worst running offenses in the league and threw a block last night - big whoop - who should have been cut instead?

Did you think in July this team would be 8-3 and leading the AFC North? Exactly what realistic expectations did you have for a team with a new HC going into the season.

I am not one to break out the black & gold pom-poms, but the idea of some posters that this team is a failure because it is not 11-0 and brimming with SB quality talent across the board is becoming laughable
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
1. Spaeth is a rookie and got hurt and then Tuman got hurt - you work with what you have, not with what you want

2. We got Najah last year and LB, TE & a punter were regarded as a bigger priority this past draft (+ OL still is) - if Kuhn was so good why did he not play in 2006?

3. Timmons was hurt all preseason & Haggans is playing better

4. Injuries are a bitch and the salary cap does not make it real easy to recreate the 70s Steelers

5. See #2 - in addition, Kuhn got picked up as a RB by a team with one of the worst running offenses in the league and threw a block last night - big whoop - who should have been cut instead?

Did you think in July this team would be 8-3 and leading the AFC North? Exactly what realistic expectations did you have for a team with a new HC going into the season.

I am not one to break out the black & gold pom-poms, but the idea of some posters that this team is a failure because it is not 11-0 and brimming with SB quality talent across the board is becoming laughable
I couldn't agree more. People look at the 3 losses more then they look at the fact that we swept the browns and have already beat the bengals and ravens once. All and all things are going better then expected this year
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Last I heard, we're still in first place in the division.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
unfortunetly it's not good enough for some
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Did people actually think Najeh was going to take over FWP's job. He is talented with a lack of heart, but in recent weeks I have read posts where people want his playing time increased. They think FWP overused and not producing. 2 words Offensive Line. Najeh should be expected to do no more than spell Willie when he is spent. Contrary to somes beliefs he is not the short yardage back we lost with Jerome. I would kill to have Brandon Jacobs, but no one like that is available and in the draft next year we have other priorities #1 being the o-line.kuhn proved last night that even the blind squirrel will occasionally get the nut. One play and u guys are bitching. We had no room for a third string FB. We lost on the last second of the game on the road in Denver, and the Jets dominated our lines and we still only lost in OT. Like others stated we are 8-3 and a couple of plays away from 10-1. The glass is definitely half full.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
geo123
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7778

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Yes we are, but we only have a one game lead. Cleveland is a better team than they ever were, and they're playing the Cards; it's a good bet they'll win, so we have to keep up. This game against Cincy is important. Not only do we need the win to insure staying in 1st, but I think we need to show we can move the ball and put some points on the board.
I'd like to see them dominate a game like they did against the Ravens.
geo123 is offline   Reply With Quote