Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-17-2005, 12:01 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Exclamation Ben fires off at Peterson

Jacksonville linebacker Mike Peterson recounted his brief conversation with injured Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, moments after the Jaguars posted a 23-17 overtime win at blustery Heinz Field.
"He said it wouldn't have ended up like it did if he was out there," said Peterson, one of three Jaguars players to intercept Roethlisberger's replacement, Tommy Maddox, on Sunday. "I just turned to him and said, 'I don't know about that.' We came here ready to play our style of football."

here's the rest...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Ben fires off at Peterson

well ben is totally right. this game was ours and maddox forgot that the steelers pay him not the jags
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

As I said in another thread if that were Ben in those finals minutes I would have been confident. The guy is calm and collected under pressure. I just hope he is good to go next week because I can't take watching another game like that.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

What about this quote...

"I was a spectator out there," Bettis said tersely, after being asked about Jacksonville's ability to jump on the Steelers' pass routes. "I can't give you much more than that."

Was he upset about being a "spectator?"

"Very upset," he said, before taking a pause. "I'm upset we lost, not about being a spectator. That's my role."
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

We have to be really careful here because if Ben gets hurt in the future and misses time, it appears the team doesnt have much confidence in him. Let's hope that doesnt happen. We've never pointed fingers before, and we cant afford to start now.. we're better than that..

But for what its worth I agree w/ him, I think most fans do and the team prolly does as well.. hell if Ben was in there it probably, IMO, wouldnt have come down to that anyways.

Either way though, in OT after Quincy's return..as I mentioned in another thread.. it should have been run, run, FG, game over !! no matter who was at QB.. and that, play calling, falls on cowher and Wiz.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,757 Times in 2,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
We have to be really careful here because if Ben gets hurt in the future and misses time, it appears the team doesnt have much confidence in him. Let's hope that doesnt happen. We've never pointed fingers before, and we cant afford to start now.. we're better than that..

But for what its worth I agree w/ him, I think most fans do and the team prolly does as well.. hell if Ben was in there it probably, IMO, wouldnt have come down to that anyways.

Either way though, in OT after Quincy's return..as I mentioned in another thread.. it should have been run, run, FG, game over !! no matter who was at QB.. and that, play calling, falls on cowher and Wiz.
im pretty surre cowher didnt call for fumble, fumble, fg game over.

as for pattersons remarks.... their style of football??? what is that? losing? the jags havnt exactly set the world on fire in the past few years. ben was right and you gotta love that confidence he showed with those post game remarks. he was right and we all know it. 14-2 isnt that bad. a sb win is even better. point is its not over till its over.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 AM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Actually what they did was to come in and try to play OUR style of football. The jags dont have a style becuz they havent been successful enough to develop one.

Right and of course he didnt call for the turnovers..but when you have a QB who's struggled all game long, a starting RB who's found it hard to gain alot of yards.. why put the game in their hands ?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #8
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

First, if the Jags style is giving up sure points for a chance at more points or style points then yes that is different then us.

Second, I thought everyone always loves the back up QB?

Third, if last week Jerome is sent in and tells Batch to look it all the way in, after Parker fumbles, why are we not putting it on him to get us 8 more yards for a kick?

Fourth, I think my predictions are right so far...I figured a reg season lost to the pats cause we can't seem to get it done, and coming back from the coast on a short week didn't have us too mentally sharp. Lets not get excited, we still can get on a roll.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:22 AM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

good point chef.. the season is far from over, and we are now entering a string of divisional games which will go a long way to deciding who is to represent the AFCN in the playoffs this year..
Old 10-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,138 Times in 2,828 Posts

Yesterday's loss will hurt if the Steelers face a tie breaker for the wild card with the Jags, just as the Chargers' loss last week will hurt them in any wild card tiebreaker with the Steelers. I assume there will be no wild card from the AFC East.

The Jags have played the toughest part of their schedule and realistically will not be catching Indy, so a wild card is their likely option.

If the Steelers do not win the division, which is probable if they split with the Bengals (once again a scheduling issue as the Bengals benefit from a soft remaining out of division schedule other than Indy and maybe KC), assume the Steelers need 11 wins to get a wildcard. With 11 games to go, and assuming a split with the Benglas and Monday night loss to the Colts, that requires going 7-1 against the NFC North, Ravens twice and Browns twice. Certainly not impossible but little margin for error.

Bottom line is Steelers would be facing the same problem if they lost last Monday and won yesterday (which is what I assumed would happen), but after last Monday night's big win it is distressing Maddox kicked it away with the help of some coaching brain cramps by Cowher.

It is late enough in the season that Sunday's Benglas game is huge.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote