Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Bah Humbug!

Thought this would be fun in the spirit of the holiday season! You can copy and paste my original post, backspace out my answers and fill in your own!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love individually wrapping gifts and making them special for each person!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. It SUCKS getting those pine needles from the real tree in the bottom of your feet six months later, no matter how many times you've vacuumed the area where the tree sat - LOL!

3. When do you put up the tree? December 1st.

4. When do you take the tree down? The week after New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first chess set. I've always loved strategizing and have been an avid chess player since my Dad taught me the game at the age of 7.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Mother of Pearl ceramic set.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My doctor. What do you buy someone who has everything? LOL!

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids - I just give them moola!

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? An orange and white striped sweater I received from my late Aunt Frances (who was the world's sweetest person). I never exchange a gift, so the only time I ever wore it was when I visited my Aunt.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? Both.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol. Also love Jim Carey's The Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No - and I never will.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night. It is so beautiful, it makes me cry.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen . Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And of course - Rudolph!

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. I celebrate Christmas Eve at my Mom's house and exchange presents with my Mom, sister-in-law and nephew. On Christmas, I exchange gifts with my kids and grandson.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nasty people. I swear - every rude and ignorant person crawls out from under their rock and is out on the road and in the stores the same time I am.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,708 Times in 2,123 Posts
Default Re: Bah Humbug!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? News Paper. I mask stuff off every day at my work, why would I want to do it for a holiday. Besides I kinda like the news paper look.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. It SUCKS getting those pine needles from the real tree in the bottom of your feet six months later, no matter how many times you've vacuumed the area where the tree sat - LOL! Exactly. Drag it in, drag it out.

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime before x-mas

4. When do you take the tree down? Day or two after x-mas

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Red Rider BB gun.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

8. Hardest person to buy for? Wife. Just no pleasing a woman.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kid, if its loud and noisy or messy he'll love it.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Just about everything the mother in law gets me. Denver fan, need I say more.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Ummm-well no comment.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I am Santa Clause. Done to Ozzys Iron Man.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen . Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And of course - Rudolph!

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? An 8" Jack Lambert.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. We celebrate Christmas Eve at the in-laws house and on Christmas do the family thing.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Everything. BAH HUMBUG

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 11-30-2007 at 08:48 PM.
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am the Queen Martha Stewart of wrapping gifts. I make everything by hand.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I always had a real one, but with allergies and dogs, it just does not work. I miss the pine smell.

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as my wonderful husband gets the decorations from our old house.

4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as my wonderful husband gets sick of the decorations and wants to clean the house.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Was I ever a child?????

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Many – Love my Savior Jesus.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband

9. Easiest person to buy for? Our daughter – I know her so well and know what will make her happy.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? An exercise bike that I did not want.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail, when I have time.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause – all three.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever – usually two weeks before.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night - It is so beautiful, it makes me cry.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen . Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And of course - Rudolph! – yep – I stole it from HTG!!!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nasty people. I swear - every rude and ignorant person crawls out from under their rock and is out on the road and in the stores the same time I am. Me too – thank you HTG!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends, if it's for my mother I wrap it, if it is for someone else I don't even bother with a bag, I just give the gift

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I love the smell

3. When do you put up the tree? First week of December

4. When do you take the tree down? I usually keep them until late january lol

5. Do you like eggnog? No, but there's always other stuff to drink

6. Favorite gift received as a child? a card my grandfather gave me. It had 5 bucks in it but what really made it special is that he'd never give presents ever, so that was pretty good. I still have the card

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom, mainly because I just can't find something that is good enough

9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Can't remember any

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? First week of December

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, never had to.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both. I always to find some black and gold ones too

17. Favorite Christmas song? Rudolph!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Rudolph.... elf??

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Actually some people give me some presents before christmas and I feel the urge to open them immediately.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? empty pockets
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I hate Christmas period....it sucks....lol Now New Years is great...Nothing like a party....As for Christmas.....I agree with Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? No Prefference

2. Real tree or artificial? Real, It's a tradition. The needles suck having to vaccum after the holiday

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the 3rd weekend in Advent

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Years Day

5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Tickets to my first Steelers Regular Season Game

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, like most if not all christians

8. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmmm, hardest person I have had to buy for was a friend of mine who was a secret santa in my TV Production Class.(Tiger TV) Overall though I usually don't go out buying things except for my mom

9. Easiest person to buy for? Hmmmmmm, good quesiton

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? It was some prank that my brothers pulled on me the one year

11. Mail or email Christmas card? No prefference

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? No real preferrence

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends on when my brothers know what we want to get my mom

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? Let it snow

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen . Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And of course - Rudolph.

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to keep school first.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. but I can never make them look great, no matter how hard I try.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real, the other suck, especially the old silver with changing colored light that shined on them, ughh. If it's not real, it's not Christmas.

3. When do you put up the tree? 10 Days before, unless my wife beats me to it. But she still won't let me get a train to run around the tree. Boo Hoo.

4. When do you take the tree down? When the wife gets mad because the needles are falling off it. Usually a couple days after not much more.

5. Do you like eggnog? yek

6. Favorite gift received as a child? hate to say it but grew up in an orphanage, got clothes, always clothes. Don't remember Christmas with my dad but they say he took me to my first Browns game with a diaper bag over his sholder.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. 3 of them

8. Hardest person to buy for? my oldest son and wife, she says I spend to much, he hates everything I buy.

9. Easiest person to buy for? myself

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? The tee shirt my wife bought me, only a tee shirt, then she told me it was the thought that counts, told her not much thought when it was the wrong size. she spent 100.00 each on her brother and sister and mother and father but 10.00 on me. I spent 400.00 on her.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? don't send cards.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? it's a good life or what ever with Jimmy Steward

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? July

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? are you kidding?

15. where is 15?

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear and blue

17. Favorite Christmas song? Adeste Fideles by the Boys Town Choir

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home, no where to go.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen . Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And of course - Rudolph! Don't forget ... Ambrose!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning only!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nasty people. I swear - every rude and ignorant person crawls out from under their rock and is out on the road and in the stores the same time I am. Those that also want to take Christmas away from us, to be politically correct. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?

Last edited by TroysBadDawg; 12-02-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: can't find 15.
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It gives me a chance to put some love into it. When our daughter was younger, Mary Joan would leave some presents unwrapped; those were from "Santa".

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Yeah, it's a PITA. That's part of the fun.

3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after the first full week; that will be the 8th this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? Groundhog Day.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A gun that shot ping pong balls. To this day I remember that toy.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Lenox, collected piece by piece over the years, for my wife.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Oh man. I guess a CD of airplane sounds.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? That's the wife's job.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, the one with Ralphie.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right around now. It depends on when the bonus and commission checks come in.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Merry Christmas from the Family", by Robert Earl Keen.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, can't get the time off work, ever.

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Could be either.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and the weather.

And,

23. Big Christmas breakfast, of just noshing? I usually make pancakes, omelets, bacon, English muffins, hashbrowns; and we usually have nut roll, too.

24. Traditional dinner, or whatever strikes you? We have a traditional dinner of prime rib, mushroom au jus (chopped portabella cooked in the au jus), potatoes, asparagus, salad. Yes, I am one heck of a good cook if I don't say so myself. For prime rib, "low and slow" rules. 225* for as many hours as it takes to get to an internal of 130*.

25. (a) Big yard decorations, (b) some lights, (c) small and tasteful (like candles in windows), or (d) nothing, thanks. For us it's (b), some lights, usually the bushes and windows, and some years we do the gutters with icicles.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #9
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Unless it's an odd shape that looks ugly if I wrap it.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I'll deal with the pine needles for the smell.

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never had any.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first bike when I was 5.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He always tells me he doesn't want anything, so I wing it and buy him tools.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. She likes anything I get her. Especially Green Bay stuff.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? A box with peices of glass glued on. And shower stuff inside.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail. Seems more personal that way.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can't think of any right now. Probably the Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Day after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. That's rude.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends on the theme. Last year was Black and Gold, so I used clear. But I usually like colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby & Silent Night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. But this Christmas i'll be in Washington.

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Christmas Eve & the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Scotch tape. I never seem to have any when I start to wrap presents.

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #10
CB1977
Starter

Member Number: 6651

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both...it all depends on gift and who is receiving it.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I used to have a live tree every year when I was married but now that I'm not, I've started a new tradition and went the fake way. Love my Martha Stewart tree!!!! LOL

3. When do you put up the tree? First week of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? January 6.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes I do.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first 2 wheel bike!! It was pink with pink and white streamers!!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My mom gave me her old one and I love it...lots of memories.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My cousin. She's not married, has no kids and has everything!!!!

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids are. I give them money, gift cards and lot of stocking stuffers. Two teenages girls..perfect gifts for them.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? One year, my mom gave me a floral purple jogging suit!! I returned it.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No although I've thought about it but just couldn't bring myself to do that.

15. Go Browns!!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas.

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Neither...I have a big red bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning with my kids and Christmas afternoon with my parents and kids.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nasty people. I swear - every rude and ignorant person crawls out from under their rock and is out on the road and in the stores the same time I am.-I agree 110%

(#15 was missing so, I stuck something in for all my Steeler friends)
CB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote