Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Do you agree?????

he wore them in the miami game too.. so i dont really know what the problem was.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
One more thing for Parker, when you are in/on a dog pile and you are nowhere near the first down or the endzone, don't stretch the ball out trying to gain extra feet. If you are near the endzone, I can understand that with trying to get the ball across the plane.
Couldn't agree more.

I also have noticed the stutter-stepping instead of just hitting the line. Kind of reminds me of Franco in his last couple of years here. This could have something to do with the inconsistent play of the OL this season and Davis not leading with force the way Kreider did. When Danny was in front of Willie, the holes were there the majority of the time and he could just gallop through them without having to stop and see what is there. Just a thought.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #13
Providence Steel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6523

As the BIGGEST critic of Willie Parker I'd have to say that he had a HORRIBLE game last night BUT, he has done well to hold onto the ball since early in the season. I'd like to think that this is a GOOD thing to happen a week before the Patriots game and this might make him a little more conscious of ball control going into next week.

That being said, Willie looks like he has lost a step this season. Last year he was making a lot of big plays and I dont see that so much this year.
Providence Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence Steel View Post
That being said, Willie looks like he has lost a step this season. Last year he was making a lot of big plays and I dont see that so much this year.
Did he bulk up this year at all?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #15
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Did he bulk up this year at all?
yes he did. First, Willie is having a 1000+ yard season, he's not far of pace last year, and besides last night, he's been holding onto the ball better than ever.

That said, he does look like he's not getting the breakaways he's had in years past. I think that can maybe be attributed to bulking up----but I think you have to give equal blame to the O-line run blocking and the recent sloppy fields he's been playing on. Parker is a "long strider" and he has to shorten up his step on a sloppy field--in changing his run style you're going to hurt his big play potential. The last four home games have been played at least partially in the rain.

Point is---it's not just one thing.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

His performance last night reminded me of last year's turnover nightmare. I hope he doesn't decide to go on a similar streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

idk if u remember but Jerome worse those things all the time. never made him fumble... so i think it's just willie.. i mean the first one is forgiveable.. second is irritating and the third and fourth is just all his fault
Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #18
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

[QUOTE=DACEB;332626]Bettis wore those same elbow protectors and never had a problem so I'm not sure what the problem was last night. The Bengals definetely go after the ball with FWP without a doubt and you can expect the Pats to do the same.

Remember the Indy game when Bettis went in with two yard to the goal, fumble? At any rate, I feel "slap drills" will do Willie good this week. Line up guys on each side and have Willie run through the middle. Each guy thrying his best to grab at the ball. I will say this...each time Bettis scored he ripped his brace off and flexed. That arm and leg strength did help at that time. Looking foward to next week!

Go Steelers!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,617 Posts

i cant believe were discussing willies wet rubbers and it has nothing to do with clinton or lewenski. and i cant bedlieve so much has been made out of "sleevegate".

when you work in a kitchen (or any other surface that may be slick) they want you to wear rubber soled shoes and often have rubber mats so you dont slip. wet rubber on rubber isnt very slick. infact its kinda tacky.

im not sure what those sleves are made for (i always thought it was a fitness and circulation thing) but i think they are designed with holding a wet football in mind.

i love madden broadcasting all games. hes insightful and funny but you have to filter half the shit he says. i like him doing all games but steelers games because he poisons so many viewers minds by some of his lame gibberish.

"well al, that black rubber in the rain sure looks slick... gar gar gar"

um, tires are made of rubber and look slick in the rain but you dont go sliding off the road.

lets just see the sleeves for what they are and not let madden (of all people) convince us a steeler player made the stupidest mistake of all time by wearing them.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

Good Point!