Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388
Default Looking forward...Pats time....

Hey there...

Mods, I looked for another thread on this, but didn't see one in recent history (first page or so) of posts, so feel free to move this where you see fit...

I know that it is just Monday and that we are still reveling in our win from last night, but I have to ask the question...

After the latest string of games, do you all in the collective Steeler-wisdom think that we really have what it takes to beat the Pats?

My thought is that they have already clinched a playoff berth, and it looks as though they will have homefield throughout, so a normal person would say that they will be taking it easy and will not push that hard. But we have all seen the way Bellicheat runs up the score and makes his guys play until the last whistle sounds...they are going to be loaded for bear against the Steelers...

Our defense is awesome, there is now doubt about that, so I think that we can hang there. I worry about getting too spread out because they have SOO many threats that it is tough to cover all of them adequately. I can't wait to see how Defense-Dad schemes for this one.

Offense scares me a bit because they will be planning for the run and for our weak O-line... Can we overcome those hurdles??

I can't wait for this game because I will get to see it this weekend in Cheeseland after the Packer game... Of course I want us to win...that goes without saying... If we do lose, however, I just want it to be competitive and not to look silly doing it.

What do you guys think???

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Looking forward...Pats time....

My take is this: The Steelers have a bunch of blitzes they haven't used yet. My guess is this is one of the games they were waiting for to use them. I think the defense will be fine.

Offensively, I think about the same. I think Arians has some wrinkles that will be revealed Sunday. I think some of our predicatble play calling is actually a set up for this game. There is no way that the Steelers didn't have this game circled at the beginning of the year. I think we'll see gadget plays, passing out of running formations and the opposite, I think Carey Davis will see some more touches. I honestly think we will see the Steelers run a really dynamic offense. I think they are capable of winning this game, but their CAN NOT BE BREAK DOWNS! Poor execution will kill the Steelers.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

I honestly dont think our offense is clicking like it should be yet, however, our defense is playing lights out. if we can get pressure on brady and make him make mistakes then i'd say we have a good chance at ending their undefeated season. i guess we'll see how the baltimore D can handle the pats offense.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Ok here is my plan: We break into Gillette stadium, rip up the field turf, put down grass and water it all week. I know someone with experience in flooding large areas. He is a shadowy figure named Professor Chaos.

Who's with me?

No????????

How about we start a rumor that Brady is the father of Rosie O’Donnell’s baby -let's see pretty boy concentrate with that on his mind.

Still no, huh

Well, I guess the Steelers could just play their best game of the year so far ... I guess. You know block well, tackle well and such, I guess.

Last edited by OneForTheToe; 12-03-2007 at 02:46 PM.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
steelermuzik
Water Boy

Member Number: 5642

"I think they are capable of winning this game, but their CAN NOT BE BREAK DOWNS! Poor execution will kill the Steelers."

Not to mention fumbilitis...

But in all sincerity, I believe the Steelers can beat the Patsies. But it will take their best game. If they play anthing less than their best, they don't stand a chance. As long as the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, they can hang. And the defense has proven effective against successful offenses. I hope Silverback has another 3.5 sack game! And I believe Big Ben will have a monster game!

Good luck! Here we go Steelers, Here we go!
steelermuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Personally, I just want the game to be over, because I'm tired of talking about it. All everyone has talked about since week friggin 3 is "The Pats this, the Pats that."

Let's get it over with, and move on to Jacksonville.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Personally, I just want the game to be over, because I'm tired of talking about it. All everyone has talked about since week friggin 3 is "The Pats this, the Pats that."

Let's get it over with, and move on to Jacksonville.
i'm with you. i'm sick of the patriots anyways. I'm sick about every single interview the patriots get brought up.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

Boy, I sure agree. I am tired as heck of hearing about the Pats... Especially the nob greasing they get on Monday nights. If the Steelers can pull off a W next week, I expect the headlines to be more about the Pats having an off week and losing the game for themselves rather than the Steelers WINNING the game...

It is gonna be fun! I expect to have at least three heart attacks during that game...

Wonder when the hype will start...or maybe it won't! (NOT)

Mike in La Crosse, WI
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

It's pretty much a given that the Patriots will have home field advantage...even if we win this game.

The game I am most intrigued by over the next couple of weeks is the Jacksonville game.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Ok here is my plan: We break into Gillette stadium, rip up the field turf, put down grass and water it all week. I know someone with experience in flooding large areas. He is a shadowy figure named Professor Chaos.
im wit u lets do that.