Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Steelers will destroy the Patriots.

Steelers will destroy the Patriots

1. Patriot?s defense, old slow and has been ripped apart by the likes of A.J. Feely and Kyle Boller the past two weeks? What do you think is going to happen when a real NFL quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger plays them next week?

2. The Patriots receivers can?t do a damn outside of the AFC east or NFC.

3. The Patriots O-line is grossly overrated.

4. The Patriots are crashing under the pressure of 16 ? 0? Almost losing to two of the worst teams in the league two weeks in a row? And once only winning because of the refs?

5. The game is on a neutral field. That pansy party in trashy New England can?t be considered home field advantage because it doesn?t contain any real fans excluding those wearing away teams? jerseys.

Tonight?s Patriots loss (Yes, loss) is just another example of the thing I have been fighting for since I began watching the NFL. EVERY PENALTY SHOULD BE DECLINABLE. The game was over when Evans didn?t get the first by a long shot on 4 & 1, but overrated linemen from the Patriots false started giving the team another chance.

The Steelers will annihilate the Patriots next week and it is going to be the greatest birthday gift a newly turned 18 year old (ME) could get. Bye bye 16 ? 0, a real team is coming to town.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844
Default Re: Steelers will destroy the Patriots.

Glad you're confident because I saw a league that is really trying to cash in on NE's undefeated run to the Super Bowl. Unless the Steelers are up by so much heading into the final moments of the game that an official-aided comeback is impossible, the NFL (Not Freakin' Legitimate) won't let its golden franchise drop a game, even to a team such as the Steelers. This season is becoming a farce.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The biggest game of the year. It's finally here, after weeks and weeks of talking about it. Ugh...

I wish I could be as confident as you Shut Down, but there are few things that worry me.

The Offense. Ben has to be smart, the O-Line has to block and Willie has to get in gear. Oh, and the recievers have to step up. Hines can't do it all. I hope and pray we get Marvel and Santonio back for this game. It's looking pretty obvious this Offense misses Santonio's ability to spread the field. Also, Arians has to be aggressive in his playcalling. The Pats are the type of team that eats conservative teams alive.

Oh, and the game is on the road. I believe we have all seen how this team has fared on the road.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

The Steelers will handily beat the Patriots next week. I am pumped for it. We have a Better defense then both the Ravens and Eagles and a better offense. The Patriots are falling apart under pressure and Brady get freaked out when there are lots of blitzs. Come on Steelers, you guys know what to do.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I'm really more worried about our team, if they can perform well they will win exploiting everything the colts eagles and ravens have shown.

avoid turnovers and win
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

Falling apart under the pressure? They just played two teams that played perfect football and they still won. Knock Brady out, thats my advice and then everything will come together....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Falling apart under the pressure? They just played two teams that played perfect football and they still won. Knock Brady out, thats my advice and then everything will come together....
I wouldn't call Feeley's 3 picks last week or Reed's fumble of an INT return, the stupid boneheaded penalties by the Ravens all night, and the idiotic call for a timeout after stopping them on 4th down late in the game perfect football, but I guess it's subjective.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

Perfect games for those teams.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

although knocking Brady out might make it easier, the Pats have show vulnerability in past weeks on both sides of the ball, if we bring our A game (which I am sure Tomlin will make the team ready for) then I see a double digit win
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Perfect games for those teams.
Yeah, good point. We must avoid turnovers at all costs, because they have always killed us when playing the Patriots in the past.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote