Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #11
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts
Default Re: Steelers' Smith thinks DBs can handle Moss and Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
i cant say i enjoy hearing smith talk like that against a team notorious for using bulletin board material.. tomlin and lebeau may have a word with him about that. but i do like his confidence. i just hope he backs it up sunday.
Bulletin board material is the most overrated bunch of bullcrap next to the "proving all my naysayers wrong" card. Joey Porter said the Colts were soft for an entire week before going into the AFC Divisional Game 2 years ago, look what happen to them. Screw the Pats. I can't wait for Moss t oget a long one thrown to him, you know Smith is looking to do this:
to his ass......
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:56 AM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

OR this:
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,297 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I just hope that smith can back up what he talks we need to get in the heads of the patriots recievers and smith can be the one that does it along with polamolu.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Bulletin board material is the most overrated bunch of bullcrap next to the "proving all my naysayers wrong" card. Joey Porter said the Colts were soft for an entire week before going into the AFC Divisional Game 2 years ago, look what happen to them. Screw the Pats. I can't wait for Moss t oget a long one thrown to him, you know Smith is looking to do this:
to his ass......
the pats are different. they are wackos when it comes to that stuff.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 AM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Remeber when everyone got on my case for making fun of Carson Plamer for saying he was scared of the the Patriots???

Doesn't sound like our guys are intimidated by the big bad evil empire. And I agree with Preacher.....a few nasty hits early in the game will make them skittish. The Bengle receivers are a bunch of woosies that are afraid of breaking their fingernails. I think Moss will have to learn his lesson first hand..........and I believe Smith will back up his mouth on Sunday.

And Tom Brady needs that arrogant smirk wiped off his face a few times. James Harrison is drooling...................
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #16
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I will have NO PROBLEM with two penalties from smith in the first quarter... each keeping a drive alive even... for late hits.

WHy?

Because those two hits, very well may win us the game in the fourth when Moss and company hears footsteps and curls up into a little ball!

Yeah... You make the hit, take the punishment, and do it again to teach a lesson.

A penalty isn't bad at all if it is directed at the right person at the right time.
I agree! Randy Moss will not play like the Randy Moss of the Raiders. So Ike is going to have his hands full. There was one deep ball to Moss in the Ravens game where he had smoked McAllister and Reed(who was playing deep in the cover 2). Its that very deep threat which makes Wes Welker look so good. The safeties playing deeper b/c of Moss leaves the middle wide open for Welker and Watson who both are extremely fast especially on the release.

Last edited by moedap; 12-05-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: added material
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

I do not believe opposing players give any more effort in response to someone shooting his mouth off, so I am not worried about Smith firing up the Pats.

Nevertheless, for someone who has been a starter for half of one season Smith certainly has a lot to say - to each his own, but I find Smith's off the field statements and on the field behavior to be juvenile.

Smith's comments and conduct presumably raise his standing with anyone who approves of players who exhibit the maturity of a 15 year old.

You can tear someone's head off on the field while still acting like a man while doing it (see, e.g., Donnie Shell, Mel Blount & James Harrison)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #18
moedap
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I do not believe opposing players give any more effort in response to someone shooting his mouth off, so I am not worried about Smith firing up the Pats.

Nevertheless, for someone who has been a starter for half of one season Smith certainly has a lot to say - to each his own, but I find Smith's off the field statements and on the field behavior to be juvenile.

Smith's comments and conduct presumably raise his standing with anyone who approves of players who exhibit the maturity of a 15 year old.

You can tear someone's head off on the field while still acting like a man while doing it (see, e.g., Donnie Shell, Mel Blount & James Harrison)

Whats acting like a man? All men dont bottle up there emotions.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
Whats acting like a man? All men dont bottle up there emotions.
But adults do a better job of controlling emotions than chidren and adolescents do - it's called maturity.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #20
moedap
Starter

I didnt know emotions could be controlled. I know true emotions can be concealed but if you are feeling something you are feeling it. Just because you decide not to "show" that emotion doesnt mean you controlled it.