Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #31
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Re: Steelers Polamalu misses practice

I'm gonna drink the Tomlin kool-aid here and say that injuries are no excuse. We're 3-0 without Troy, and as much as I love him and what he brings to the table, it really doesn't matter whether he plays or not. As Tomlin says, everyone who puts on a helmet is a playmaker. Sunday will go a long way toward showing us if the team really believes that.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #32
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

This might actually be the worse news:

Quote:
Wide receiver Santonio Holmes, meanwhile, is hopeful that he can play in the 4:15 p.m. game.

Holmes, who has missed the last two games because of a high ankle sprain, practiced Thursday and today. He said, however, that he is still experiencing a lot of discomfort in his ankle.

Holmes said he was in a lot of pain Friday morning and almost didn't practice. But, he added, "You don't practice on Friday, you don't play.
Right now they've got me penciled in (to play) but it's still a game-time decision."
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #33
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

It appears as if troy is going to model some of the latest fashion from reeboks "Duce Staley collection" sunday afternoon in Foxboro.....

Yeah that'll hurt a little bit....but I feel that our chances rest on Ben's ability to convert third downs.

IMO, that is where philly and the ratbirds went wrong...they couldnt keep brady on the sidelines long enuf.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post

Yeah that'll hurt a little bit....but I feel that our chances rest on Ben's ability to convert third downs.

IMO, that is where philly and the ratbirds went wrong...they couldnt keep brady on the sidelines long enuf.
patriots have given up 5 td passes on 3rd downs in the past 2 weeks. kirwan is sure they have been correcting this (patriot coaches using an extra day and giving the players a day off) by reformulating a gameplan im sure they had in place for quite a while-

Quote:
A.J. Feeley came into Foxboro and threw a pick six on the game's first third-down situation. After that he went 7 of 9 on third-down pass calls. The Patriots gave up 126 yards and three touchdowns on those seven completions. Bill Belichick will study how and why Feeley was so productive. If it's more man coverage or better disguises in the coverage, we should see the revised package shortly. Baltimore ran it three times and passed it eight times on third down. Outside of giving up a 53-yard bomb and a 4-yard touchdown pass to Baltimore, the Patriots have their third-down defense headed in the right direction.