Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Peter King Predicts Steelers Win

Did not see this coming - I guess King talked to Anthony Smith

Five reasons: 1. A.J. Feeley and Kyle Boller have put up 52 points on the Patriots the last two weeks; Ben Roethlisberger won't make the kind of late-game mistakes those two backups did. 2. Brian Westbrook and Willis McGahee have rushed for 190 yards on the Pats the last two weeks. I'm not in love with Willie Parker's recent rushing numbers -- 52, 81 and 87 yards, against three straight sub-.500 teams -- but I think the Patriots will be vulnerable against a power running game. 3. Pats are tired after three straight night games, including the emotional Monday-nighter in frigid Baltimore. Bill Belichick didn't even practice them Wednesday, an incredible rarity with a Sunday game upcoming. 4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it. 5. Just a gut feeling. The strain of going for perfection seems to be wearing on New England, while Pittsburgh is just bullyish enough not to fear the enormity of Sunday's stage.

Steelers 27, Patriots 20

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_...ckoff?bcnn=yes
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
rpv
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3308
Default Re: Peter King Predicts Steelers Win

last week he predicted that the bungles would beat the steelers. I hope that his prediction does not go wrong this time
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Peter King has become lazy and lackadaisical. That SI gig is just too easy. I trust nothing he says anymore.

Nevertheless, I like his analysis for this one
Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Peter King has become lazy and lackadaisical. That SI gig is just too easy. I trust nothing he says anymore.

Nevertheless, I like his analysis for this one
Agreed King is coasting (and minting money).

He does HBO and the NBC Sunday night studio show in addition to SI, which means he presumably does not even hit the road for games unless he goes across the river to the Meadowlands.

King's idea of reporting is watching the game on TV and calling players + coaches on their cell phones Sunday nights.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

God I hate when Peter picks us...lol He is a jinx.....lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

You can tell he doesn't travel, he's too fat. Never liked his predictions either.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
You can tell he doesn't travel, he's too fat. Never liked his predictions either.
OK, I'm gonna stick up for Peter here. He lost almost 100 pounds a few years ago and has kept it off. He looks pretty average now in terms of his weight, and I'm sure he's much healthier.

Whether you like his work or not, he has overall been rather Steeler-friendly, and thinks Steeler fans are total nut jobs, but in a good way, if you know what I mean.

His Bengals prediction last week surprised me, and so did this week's. Let's hope he isn't wrong twice in a row.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

OK I am kind of growing tired of folks referring to the Steelers Ss having a power running game. Because we don't. as a matter of fact the past three games have not been that good at all.

The Steelers are a pass first to set up the run team now. Where as in the past we were a run first to set up the pass. I understand the fact that, that is what the Steelers have been in the past, but thats not the case now. Besides we don't even have a power back.

Unless Ben has a great game we may be in trouble. I do think Willie will have a decent game maybe over a hundred yards. But as soon as the offense lines up in the single back three receiver set and New England gets penetration and stops Willie for a few losses. Bruce will go straight to the pass and only use Willie to keep the Pats honest.

The Steelers have a good running game but it is no longer a power running game.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
PatsRule
Banned

Member Number: 1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Did not see this coming - I guess King talked to Anthony Smith

Five reasons: 1. A.J. Feeley and Kyle Boller have put up 52 points on the Patriots the last two weeks; Ben Roethlisberger won't make the kind of late-game mistakes those two backups did. 2. Brian Westbrook and Willis McGahee have rushed for 190 yards on the Pats the last two weeks. I'm not in love with Willie Parker's recent rushing numbers -- 52, 81 and 87 yards, against three straight sub-.500 teams -- but I think the Patriots will be vulnerable against a power running game. 3. Pats are tired after three straight night games, including the emotional Monday-nighter in frigid Baltimore. Bill Belichick didn't even practice them Wednesday, an incredible rarity with a Sunday game upcoming. 4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it. 5. Just a gut feeling. The strain of going for perfection seems to be wearing on New England, while Pittsburgh is just bullyish enough not to fear the enormity of Sunday's stage.

Steelers 27, Patriots 20

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_...ckoff?bcnn=yes

Take your pick..

http://www.hbo.com/apps/inflpicksgame/hostpicks.do
PatsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
OK, I'm gonna stick up for Peter here. He lost almost 100 pounds a few years ago and has kept it off. He looks pretty average now in terms of his weight, and I'm sure he's much healthier.

Whether you like his work or not, he has overall been rather Steeler-friendly, and thinks Steeler fans are total nut jobs, but in a good way, if you know what I mean.

His Bengals prediction last week surprised me, and so did this week's. Let's hope he isn't wrong twice in a row.
I was speaking figuratively, as in being the proverbial "fat cat", living off the fat of the land.

I've seen King make horribly inaccurate assessments of college talent based on hearsay and guesstimation. I was AT a pro day once and saw a college QB stand still and throw a ball almost 70 yards, then shockingly read a King article that said the kid could barely throw a ball 60 yards.

There was sharp guy who did his homework once. Now there's just a talking head with a lot of interns.