Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Patriots respect Steelers' Roethlisberger

Patriots respect Steelers' Roethlisberger
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 8, 2007

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has an unexpected ally in New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison.
Yes, the same Harrison who starts for the Patriots and will be going all out to defeat Roethlisberger's Steelers when the teams meet Sunday afternoon in Gillette Stadium.

Asked Friday to discuss Roethlisberger's improved play this season, Harrison unloaded on his questioner.

"You guys act like he just fell apart, like he's a complete bum," Harrison said. "This guy's a Pro Bowl quarterback."

A year after completing 280 of 469 passes for 3,513 yards, 18 touchdowns and a career-high 23 interceptions, Roethlisberger is 214 of 320 for 2,564 yards, a career-high 25 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
His completion rating has improved (66.9 percent, up from 59.7 percent a year ago). So has his quarterback rating, which has increased from 75.4 to 102.9.

The Steelers, who finished 8-8 in 2006, carry a 9-3 record against the 12-0 Patriots.

"We all struggle. Quarterbacks struggle," Harrison said. "(Green Bay's) Brett Favre, he was the worst thing in the world, according to you guys last year. But now all of a sudden he's the greatest thing. But he's a Hall of Fame quarterback.

"I'm not trying to put Roethlisberger in that situation, but at the same time players are going to struggle. Just because they struggle one year, that doesn't mean that they've lost anything or they're not a good player."

New England coach Bill Belichick said Roethlisberger, a fourth-year starter, has matured as a starting quarterback.

"I think like any quarterback in a couple of years he's matured," Belichick said. "He does a lot of little things maybe a little better than he did a couple of years ago, but he was pretty good then (and) he's pretty good now.''

Roethlisberger's ability to read defenses has made a difference in his performance, according to starting cornerback Ellis Hobbs.

"His mental game has risen so it's the best of both worlds," Hobbs said.

Harrison said Roethlisberger is finally being recognized for making the type of plays he was known for earlier in his career.

"He completes passes, he's able to keep drives alive by shrugging off blitzers and defensive linemen and throwing the ball down the field. His vision is great," Harrison said.

"He's just making plays. That's the difference."
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Talking Re: Patriots respect Steelers' Roethlisberger

Well, the Patriots are saying the right things that they need to. But they are looking forward to this game. They are gonna be the best test of our defense that we have seen so far. The next 2 weeks will tell us really how good our team is. I think that the Steelers have a chance in Foxboro, but they will have to play a game like we did against the Colts a couple years ago in the play-offs..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640
Default Re: Patriots respect Steelers' Roethlisberger

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Just like any military mind does, they're doing: you show build your opponent up in the mind of the people/media. This way, after you beat them (although it's not happening this time Patsies), you seem even greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
I.P.T.
Banned

Member Number: 7727

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
Just like any military mind does, they're doing: you show build your opponent up in the mind of the people/media. This way, after you beat them (although it's not happening this time Patsies), you seem even greater.
Maybe,just maybe,Rodney means what he says.
Do you think the Pats think Big Ben sucks?
I.P.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

those were some pretty good assumptions of ben. i and every other steelers fan have known how good roethlisberger really is but he is always torn down by espn and all of the former players saying he just does what he is told, he doesnt do anything special which is completely wrong. some say he was lucky that he came to a team with a great running game. since when did jeromes 600yd/season and duce's 800yds/season become a great running game? by the time ben got here bettis's career was winding down and duce staley was our last option, o sorry i forgot about amoz zeroque????????????????????????????????
Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I also read on steelerfury.com that old Belichick stated that Willie Colon is one of the best OTs the Pats will face all season and he also said that Kendall Simmons is an all pro OG...lol So I don't think he was serious and I really don't care are trust what any of those scum bags say...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
"You guys act like he just fell apart, like he's a complete bum," Harrison said. "This guy's a Pro Bowl quarterback."
It's up to Ben tomorrow to prove Rodney right and I think he will be more than up to the task.

(And - Ben won't jump up and chase a ref after he's hit or point his damning finger at a receiver who dropped a ball or ran a wrong route like someone we know).

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote