Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886
Default Does anyone besides me!

1) No how bad the Pats want this game.

2) Understand that this game is just as big for the Pats as it is for the Steelers.

3) Realize that even though the Pats have been blowing teams out this may be the best game they play all year.

4) Hear the "we are going to destroy Pittsburgh" tone under "yeah they are a good team with lots of talent".

5) No that we are going to have to play a almost perfect game in order to pull out a win in their house.

6) Believe that the Steelers can actually go in their and squeeze a win out!!!

7) Realize that this is not the big game for the Steelers. The big game is against Jacksonville next week at home.

Game Must

1) Three steps and throw: they are going to limit Ben scrambling out of the pocket. This may be the first game where he has to be mainly a pocket passer, making reads and hitting receivers when they hit their break. Not scrambling and then waiting for someone to break open.

2) Willie must be patient like Willis: McGahee is not the fastest back in the league but he is very smart and strong. In the game with the Pats he waited until blocks developed the hit the whole with power. Lately Willie has not done that and been getting shut down at the line of scrimmage.

3) And most of all. Blitz, but limit ALL OUT BLITZES!! Brady reminds me of Marino in this fashion. Whereas he invited the blitz. I remember a game where Marino actually said he hoped they blitzed him.

The Steelers need to make the Pats go 10-15 plays on every drive. Giving up big plays will not only get yardage but momentum also.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Does anyone besides me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post
1) No how bad the Pats want this game.

2) Understand that this game is just as big for the Pats as it is for the Steelers.

3) Realize that even though the Pats have been blowing teams out this may be the best game they play all year.

4) Hear the "we are going to destroy Pittsburgh" tone under "yeah they are a good team with lots of talent".

5) No that we are going to have to play a almost perfect game in order to pull out a win in their house.

6) Believe that the Steelers can actually go in their and squeeze a win out!!!

7) Realize that this is not the big game for the Steelers. The big game is against Jacksonville next week at home.

1-2. I'm sure they want a win in this game. I don't think there is any NFL team out there who goes into a game not wanting to win. I think the Pats want this one a little more because looking at their remaining schedule, we are the last team who has a viable shot at knocking them off their high horse and spoiling their undefeated season.

3. The Pats didn't blow out either the Eagles or the Rats. They won both games in the waning seconds of the games on gifts given to them by Feeley and Boller. Good teams capitalize on mistakes and the Pats did just that.

4. The Pats are an overly coc ky bunch, but I don't believe they have the mindset that they are going to "destroy Pittsburgh". They know that the Steelers are a Top 3 team in the AFC and I don't think they are taking them lightly - that would be foolish. The Pats believe in themselves - that is evident from their play thus far this season. Our Steelers also believe in themselves and know what they face today, but as I said in another thread - they'll be ready for 'em.

5. Agreed.

6. I have believed all along and continue to believe that the Steelers are VERY capable of winning in Foxboro today. I won't go so far as to "guarantee" it (death and paying taxes are the only things guaranteed in life) but I will go on the record as saying that I know if they play as they are very capable of playing, a win against the Cheatriots is likely.

7. While a loss today isn't really going to hurt us all that much in the divisional standings, every game down the stretch is a BIG game. Playoff teams are separating themselves from the rest of the pack now and jockeying for position. Remember - the Pats are an AFC team and a win against AFC teams helps us jockey a bit better for position and in the event of tiebreakers.

Quote:
Game Must

1) Three steps and throw: they are going to limit Ben scrambling out of the pocket. This may be the first game where he has to be mainly a pocket passer, making reads and hitting receivers when they hit their break. Not scrambling and then waiting for someone to break open.

2) Willie must be patient like Willis: McGahee is not the fastest back in the league but he is very smart and strong. In the game with the Pats he waited until blocks developed the hit the whole with power. Lately Willie has not done that and been getting shut down at the line of scrimmage.

3) And most of all. Blitz, but limit ALL OUT BLITZES!! Brady reminds me of Marino in this fashion. Whereas he invited the blitz. I remember a game where Marino actually said he hoped they blitzed him.

The Steelers need to make the Pats go 10-15 plays on every drive. Giving up big plays will not only get yardage but momentum also.
#4 - HOLD ONTO THE BALL. If we turn the ball over against the Pats like we did against the Bungles, the ending won't be as happy. That I WILL guarantee.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
crew1954
Banned

Member Number: 7810

If I were a Steelers fan I would say: #5 don't get behind by more than a TD. The Pats defense has played well with a lead.

With their offense, I think the Pats' assumption was that they would have the lead in a lot of games and the D seems set up to protect leads. That's why it is so highly ranked yet so poor in the Red Zone.

They are not afraid of teams scoring, as long as it takes 6-8 minutes to do so.

So if the Steelers are down by 10, they need to pull out all the stops, 2 minute offense, whatever. Do not wait until the 4th quarter.

Despite all the talking heads and pundits, fans etc, the Pats D does not get tired int he 4th ( or at least they play inspired if tired). They play their best D in the 4th Q, shutting down Indy, Phil., Balt. etc completely ( look at the 4th Q stats for those offenses against the Pats)

So that is not the time to be trying to mount a comeback.
crew1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

I agree with everything Steeldog is saying, but for God's sake, man: learn the difference between "No" and "Know", "There" and "Their", "A" and "An"... Grammar is your friend! :)

I say out of love...
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,018 Times in 3,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew1954 View Post

Despite all the talking heads and pundits, fans etc, the Pats D does not get tired int he 4th ( or at least they play inspired if tired). They play their best D in the 4th Q, shutting down Indy, Phil., Balt. etc completely ( look at the 4th Q stats for those offenses against the Pats)

So that is not the time to be trying to mount a comeback.
good point. they actually go out of their way to keep people fresh for the 4th quarter.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
geo123
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7778

This is true, the Ravens had 2 three and outs in the 4thQ.
This is part of playing 60 min. even when your ahead.
You can't have enough points.

I'm in NJ I watched the Giants blow a 25pt. lead to SF in the playoffs one year.
Last year they blew a 21 pt. lead to Ten. with less than 9min.
I don't excpect this out of these either teams, but it is possible.
geo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

does anyone besides me!

1. hear a bandwagoner, jk man i understand your worries

2. feel like it is a good day for an upset??
Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
BradshawsBaldHead
Water Boy

Member Number: 7870

[QUOTE=Stu Pidasso;335925]I agree with everything Steeldog is saying, but for God's sake, man: learn the difference between "No" and "Know", "There" and "Their", "A" and "An"... Grammar is your friend! :)

QUOTE]

Hee Hee, Priceless
BradshawsBaldHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

I did very well in grammar and thanks for pointing out my TPo's.

Owe won more thing. Dew you want the Steelers too when or looose. Myself eye don't no maybe losing this game and winning the playoff game against them wood bee better.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
susielr
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7858

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
does anyone besides me!

1. hear a bandwagoner, jk man i understand your worries

2. feel like it is a good day for an upset??
I am sitting here watching Tom Brady running his mouth to Anthony Smith and James Harrison...Tom, there is alot more game left.
susielr is offline   Reply With Quote