Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572
Angry Who gets your losing game ball?

Anthony Smith....for me.... go fishing in the Ohio,Allegheny... And shut your G--Dam mouth next time your playing a championship team.....

This really is on you....not our defense ( u suk ) and not on Big Ben and the offense...

Can u guys tell how pissed off I am ?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228
Default Re: Who gets your losing game ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
Anthony Smith....for me.... go fishing in the Ohio,Allegheny... And shut your G--Dam mouth next time your playing a championship team.....

This really is on you....not our defense ( u suk ) and not on Big Ben and the offense...

Can u guys tell how pissed off I am ?
Anthony Smith blew his coverage, not once, but twice that was incredibly visible, but why are you putting the blame solely on him? The entire game was frustrating. We played well in the first half, and things fell apart in the third quarter. Our offense that did nothing in the second half, and it wasn't Smith that blew coverage on Wes Welker over and over. Simply put, out defensive staff wasn't flexible, and when Bellicheat and Fairy Tom (props to HTG ) came out in the second half and, predictably, started to tear about our defense from the first half, we didn't adjust at all.

I don't understand how great defensive masterminds like LeBeau and Tony Dungy simply cannot wrap their head around the fact that Maroney is garbage and sitting in a dime package the entire game isn't losing you any ground, provided you have at least one other db to bring in as a freshener. Stick your fastest corner on Welker, your most physical/tall on Moss with help from an athletic safety, and ignore Stallworth because he's garbage. Frustrating!

Do I "blame" any side of the ball? Offense didn't complete in the second half until under 5 mins and 21 points to go, defense came up short in the second half and let big plays happen for 60 minutes, special teams blew tackles and caused a turnover, and even our coaching remained rigid and seemed to lack any sense of fire. To make matters worse, we looked as undisciplined as the Ravens and got in near-fights twice, and a punch was actually thrown once. The Steelers not only played poorly, they let their emotions run wild and made Tomlin look as inept at controlling his team as Billick.

Now, after dissing the hell out of our lovely Steelers, I'm putting it behind me We need to focus on the Jaguars and try for the #2 seed. If we get the #3, then we need to focus on what will probably be a physical game against the Jaguars in round 1, followed by an incredibly technical, discipline-dependent game in round 2, and finally a combination against the Colts in the championship game. We can play physical, we can play technical, and we can sure as hell do both at the same time. We just need Tomlin to lay down the law and the players to have a little more self-control. We're 9-4, but there's no reason we can't finish 12-4. Take it one game at a time (after predicting us in the AFC championship, I know ) and we'll be golden. Our season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and Pittsburgh wants one for the thumb.

Time to play some Steelers football
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Fever View Post
Anthony Smith blew his coverage, not once, but twice that was incredibly visible, but why are you putting the blame solely on him? The entire game was frustrating. We played well in the first half, and things fell apart in the third quarter. Our offense that did nothing in the second half, and it wasn't Smith that blew coverage on Wes Welker over and over. Simply put, out defensive staff wasn't flexible, and when Bellicheat and Fairy Tom (props to HTG ) came out in the second half and, predictably, started to tear about our defense from the first half, we didn't adjust at all.

I don't understand how great defensive masterminds like LeBeau and Tony Dungy simply cannot wrap their head around the fact that Maroney is garbage and sitting in a dime package the entire game isn't losing you any ground, provided you have at least one other db to bring in as a freshener. Stick your fastest corner on Welker, your most physical/tall on Moss with help from an athletic safety, and ignore Stallworth because he's garbage. Frustrating!

Do I "blame" any side of the ball? Offense didn't complete in the second half until under 5 mins and 21 points to go, defense came up short in the second half and let big plays happen for 60 minutes, special teams blew tackles and caused a turnover, and even our coaching remained rigid and seemed to lack any sense of fire. To make matters worse, we looked as undisciplined as the Ravens and got in near-fights twice, and a punch was actually thrown once. The Steelers not only played poorly, they let their emotions run wild and made Tomlin look as inept at controlling his team as Billick.

Now, after dissing the hell out of our lovely Steelers, I'm putting it behind me We need to focus on the Jaguars and try for the #2 seed. If we get the #3, then we need to focus on what will probably be a physical game against the Jaguars in round 1, followed by an incredibly technical, discipline-dependent game in round 2, and finally a combination against the Colts in the championship game. We can play physical, we can play technical, and we can sure as hell do both at the same time. We just need Tomlin to lay down the law and the players to have a little more self-control. We're 9-4, but there's no reason we can't finish 12-4. Take it one game at a time (after predicting us in the AFC championship, I know ) and we'll be golden. Our season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and Pittsburgh wants one for the thumb.

Time to play some Steelers football
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

ryan clark gets my gameball. not because i think he was pure value for our team, but because he quickly became the essence of a steeler and we dont know if he will ever be able to play again.

hell, i dont even know if he was able to get on a plane to attend the funeral of his former teammate.

fans were looking to replace him before he even got a chance to prove himself.

on a day where a. smith is the goat, i would hope a gameball goes to clark for a speedy recovery along with some appreciation and long overdue recognition.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The entire team for only playing one half of a football game.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #6
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

Yeah I agree HTG.....very true! Was almost like someone turn a switch to "off" concerning our second half play. Hmmmm, interesting....
Old 12-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

it has to be without out a doubt anthony smith. ran his mouth and got juked several times by the run on a team that doesnt run the ball. thats high school crap. i hope his teammates kick his ass in to gear this week so he plays grown up ball and keeps his mouth shut. embaressing the way he played and acted.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #8
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

i've been an anthony smith fan from day one, but he got smoked this week. he got what he deserved.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #9
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
it has to be without out a doubt anthony smith. ran his mouth and got juked several times by the run on a team that doesnt run the ball. thats high school crap. i hope his teammates kick his ass in to gear this week so he plays grown up ball and keeps his mouth shut. embaressing the way he played and acted.
NICE!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
i've been an anthony smith fan from day one, but he got smoked this week. he got what he deserved.
You got that right.

It's just RIDICULOUS!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote