Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
SteelCity65
Water Boy

Member Number: 1939
Default Opinions on Pats, Steelers problems

You Might as well crown the media loved cheatsies sb XLII because nobody is going to beat them. There is no win situation in defending their O. If you double moss, they are going to get you underneath with walker and predator(stallworth).

Steelers problems:

Offense: Honestly how cant you get a TD on a terrible redzone D, well yeah they got one but that didnt cut it obviously. Bruce Arians has got to go his play calling is atrocious. Run the ball when your on the goal line! Mahan is as good as a high school center IMO.The Nate Washington bargain basement project is done, over with, finished,sealed, SEE YA NATE. We need to get some receivers that actually scare defenses or we are gonna be in trouble for many years to come, and we need to revamp that o-line STAT.

Defense: I have loved the way anthony smith has been playin but boyyy did he crap the bed today. We need some players in the secondary that are immature and don't do stupid stuff. Why didnt they give timmons a chance today to rush marsha? Our D was a bunch of choke artists and i wont be surprised if we lose to Jax.
SteelCity65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
IslandSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 6048
Default Re: Opinions on Pats, Steelers problems

I said it in another thread. If the Steelers Oline can catch fire, we can run the table. If not I'll take the Colts to win it all. The patriots defense is really weak.

As for our problems. I think the o line is the biggest one. The defense is tops, just one off game, with a little bad luck. If Ike intercepts that first ball to Moss, The whole game changes.
IslandSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandSteeler View Post
I said it in another thread. If the Steelers Oline can catch fire, we can run the table. If not I'll take the Colts to win it all. The patriots defense is really weak.

As for our problems. I think the o line is the biggest one. The defense is tops, just one off game, with a little bad luck. If Ike intercepts that first ball to Moss, The whole game changes.
the oline surprisingly played well today.. they opened up some nice holes for parker and gave ben good time to throw. it sucks that the reason we lost was because of our defense, which is supposed to be our strength and best in the league.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
SteelCity65
Water Boy

It still doenst matter we couldnt put the ball in the endzone and i have a feeling the steelers are gonna be one and done in the playoffs
Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity65 View Post
It still doenst matter we couldnt put the ball in the endzone and i have a feeling the steelers are gonna be one and done in the playoffs
Would still beat the hell out of last year's train wreck, wouldn't it?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
SteelCity65
Water Boy

Yea of course, i honestly didnt think they would be 9-4 at the beginning of the season. All i gotta say is, tomlin was right when he said they are not even close to the measuring stick.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

I agree with all the O-Line talk but if the problem right now is finding a way to stop an offense that throws the majority of their passes with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. I understand they had about 3-4 big plays but that is just a discipline problem. I believe even without the big plays they would have nickel and dimed our D to death.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
I've seen it here many times and I still don't get why better than last year is good enough. Seems we should aspire (and expect) greatness . Not just better than mediocre.
Well, if you expected a SB win this year with a rookie HC, that's your prerogative. Try trading places with a Browns fan, a Lions fan (if there are any), a Saints fan, a Cardinals fan (again, if there are any) for a couple years, and get back to me. Steelers fans are spoiled. Rotten.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

It is unbelieveable how badly we were beaten in the second half. Bottom line is our coaches didn't/couldn't come up with a second half game plan to beat the Pats. You come into a game with a plan but as the game goes on you are supposed to be able to adjust that plan to give yourself a chance to at least compete.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

What can I say? This game was just sickening.

We were right in it until that ridiculous trick play touchdown. That broke the Steelers' backs big time. It was NE all the way after that. It's like the whole team went to sleep in the second half.

Just another embarrassment handed to the Steelers at the hands of the Patriots.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote