Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Angry For those of you who are jumping on Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropKickMurphy View Post
Apparently, the "guarantee" wasn't enough for Smith. He was trash talking Brady during the warm ups.

I heard Brady on WEEI this morning. He said that while he was stretching at the 50 yard line before the game, Smith went by and started screaming all kinds of $h1t at him.

Brady said that at first he didn't realize that Smith was yelling at him. He asked one of the coaches "Hey, was he talking to ME?!??" The coach said he was. Brady asked the coach what Smith was saying. The coach said "Oh, he was just being a blanking blank."

The way Brady was saying it, he gave the impression that he got satisfaction from making Smith eat his words.

Who wouldn't?
F*ck the Goatboy, f*ck the Cheatriots.

Smith wears black & gold now. I'd be on his side on this no matter what he said to the Cheating Pathetics. It's like if my brother was in a fight no matter what I'd in it on his side. BACK UP ONE OF YOUR OWN, YINZERS!!! Cuz I still remember some of you folks were saying how you'd dislike if Porter does this & that just because he's not a black & gold no more!

Last edited by SteelersMongol; 12-11-2007 at 06:16 AM.
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
PINDEL1
Water Boy

Member Number: 5787
Default Re: For those of you who are jumping on Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
F*ck the Goatboy, f*ck the Cheatriots. Smith wears black & gold now. I'd be on his side on this no matter what he said to the Cheating Pathetics. It's like if my brother was in a fight no matter what I'd in it on his. BACK UP ONE OF YOUR OWN, YINZERS!!! Cuz I still remember some of you folks were saying how you'd dislike if Porter does this & that since he's not a black & gold no more!
There is such a thing as being classy and winning w/ class = Hines Ward, Troy and many other Steeler (Pro Bowl types) now and in the past.

Smith as a player is not even close to fitting their type of persona in any category. Your defense for him "He is a Steeler therefore he can act like a jerk," is not the type of person the Steeler organization has tolerated in the past.
Smith's actions are an embarrassment to himself and the organization. If he continues it I say he will giving himself his walking papers.
PINDEL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i'll defend about anyone against brady and the scumbags right now. smith made an ass of himself sunday, but brady walks around all day long with an ass on his face.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I'll defend him, I just hope he learned his lesson. I like the kid, he has alot of talent.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,292 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I don't think he trashtalks as much as porter did everybody liked porter when he did all of this why not smith.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
"Hey, was he talking to ME?!??"
How does anybody DARE speak to Tom Brady that way????

It was insinuated in several articles I read that Smith claims he was misquoted. That he actually said something to effect that he quaranteed a win if the Steelers played to their full potential. Either he's backpedaling or it's possible that gee..........do you think the media could possibly be taking his words out of context.............they've NEVER been known to do that. Either way........I doubt it made much difference in the score of the game. It's just another feather in yankee doodles cap. And Anthony Smith has a lot to learn from the class acts on the Steelers.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Smith Says Patriots Will See Steelers Again in Playoffs

PITTSBURGH (AP) -The New England Patriots didn't totally silence Anthony Smith.

Despite a 34-13 loss Sunday to New England that revealed significant flaws in the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense and their game plan, Smith says he is certain they will see the Patriots again in the playoffs.

That raises this question: If that happens, will the Patriots hear the Steelers again?

Smith, the Steelers' free-talking free safety, guaranteed a win over New England but couldn't deliver on it. By doing so, Smith helped re-ignite a Patriots team that, after barely winning at Baltimore the week before, was starting to look weary and worn down by its pursuit of a perfect season.

With Smith's words clearly on their mind, quarterback Tom Brady and some other Patriots yelled at Smith throughout the game, and coach Bill Belichick tossed in some well-chosen words afterward.

Asked about how Smith was tricked into allowing a long touchdown catch by Jabar Gaffney on a gadget play, Belichick said, "The safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

Give Belichick 5 yards for piling on.

Even worse for the Steelers: The trick play, which began with Brady flipping the ball to Randy Moss behind the line of scrimmage before getting it back to throw downfield, was a mirror image of one Pittsburgh ran while beating the Cincinnati Bengals 31-17 in a playoff game two years ago.

Losing to the Patriots was bad enough for the Steelers. Losing on their own play made it even worse.

Still, Smith wasn't reluctant afterward to discuss his much-publicized remarks, which led some of the remaining fans in Gillette Stadium to chant "guar-an-tee, guar-an-tee" as the game wound down.

Smith's take: the Steelers didn't play well, but there's always next month.

"We will see them again," Smith said.

However, the Patriots' second-half domination during their sixth victory in seven games against Pittsburgh exposed the size of the gap between the teams. After leading only 14-13 late in the second quarter, the Patriots outscored the Steelers 20-0 the rest of the way.

"If that (game) is the measuring stick, we're not close," coach Mike Tomlin said.

Then again, it also didn't look close when the Steelers lost to the then-unbeaten Indianapolis Colts on the road 26-7 in a Monday night game two years ago.

But when the teams met again in the AFC divisional playoffs less than two months later, the Steelers won 21-18 in Indianapolis and went on to win the Super Bowl.

"If we come back (to New England), we are going to be ready, I know that for sure," Steelers right tackle Willie Colon said.

Before they concern themselves with that, the Steelers (9-4) probably should be worrying about coming back strong Sunday against Jacksonville (9-4) in the first of two games in five days. They play again at St. Louis (3-10) in a Thursday night game on Dec. 20.

The Steelers can clinch a playoff spot by winning Sunday and they would secure the AFC North title if they win and the Browns (8-5) lose at home to Buffalo.

"We'll be ready for next week," center Sean Mahan said.

What happened last week could prove to be a valuable learning experience for Tomlin, the rookie head coach. If Bill Cowher were still in charge and Smith talked so loosely, Smith might have to seek out a comedy club to find an open microphone the rest of the season.

Smith may have become emboldened after bragging recently that Cincinnati's receivers were intimidated by Pittsburgh's secondary. At the time, Smith's words didn't cause much of a stir because they concerned a team that was out of the division race.

When Smith made similar comments about the Patriots, and tacked on his guaranteed win, it seemed as if everyone in the NFL noticed.

Now, Tomlin's challenge is to keep his players motivated and confident without them carelessly tossing out words their opponents can use against them. He also must make sure his players don't start doubting themselves after Brady threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns against a defense that had been allowing the fewest yards in the league.

"We're not guaranteed into the playoffs right now, so we need to take care of business this week," linebacker Larry Foote said.

There the Steelers go, talking about guarantees again.
http://sports.excite.com/news/12102007/v8573.html

Oh oh. There is he is again. I guess there is nothing we can do to stop him.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:32 AM   #8
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Anthony Smith had better learn to be more disciplined or it will be his actions and not his words that get him dumped from this team.

He was made to look like a fool after being totally out of position on the two long touchdowns. The stupidity of his words during the week were matched only by his terrible play on Sunday.

I like Anthony's fire and his intensity but he needs to play with more discipline. Especially when your playing the Pats pass happy offense, you do not bite on the play fake like that.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINDEL1 View Post
There is such a thing as being classy and winning w/ class = Hines Ward, Troy and many other Steeler (Pro Bowl types) now and in the past.

Smith as a player is not even close to fitting their type of persona in any category. Your defense for him "He is a Steeler therefore he can act like a jerk," is not the type of person the Steeler organization has tolerated in the past.
Smith's actions are an embarrassment to himself and the organization. If he continues it I say he will giving himself his walking papers.
How do you know what type of players the Steelers tolerated in the past. Players exposure to the media is tenfold what it was back in the 70's and 80's. I can remember hearing that a lot of the teams thought the 70's Steelers were dirty players and said they talked sh**. Add the alleged steroid use and I bet it was like an Altar boy meeting on the fields back then huh?
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I will always support my Steelers, but when one of 'em does or says something I find distasteful, I'm going to call 'em on it.

I tend to believe Smith's proclamation that his words were misquoted, as the media - even here in Pittsburgh - tends to twist and turn what pro athletes say to make headlines and get to the presses first to print that "big story". If Smith believes his words were misquoted, he needs to go to the source and ask that the story be officially retracted, though it really doesn't matter now. What's done is done. Truthfully, I'm sick of hearing about it.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote