Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 97
Member Number: 358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Whilst I do not wish to point the finger at any particular member, I find it very disappointing that some managers do not feel the need to either put in a backup player or acquire a player short term.

If it is a result of a bad start, there is no need to give up, I realise this is only a fun league, nevertheless I feel they owe it to other managers to at least be competitive in their individual games. I certainly believe there is NO excuse for leaving players in the team on their bye week.

Should there be a league next year, i hope we could at least find 10/12 managers who are willing to at least compete each week.

Responses from others sought, especially those who are not competing.

Finally whilst I understand that I may have upset some managers with these comments, if you have no interest in the games, would you consider a trade for a decent WR as I am struggling in this department ;-)
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer
 
Go_Cats's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 352
Member Number: 418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

hey I would be more than happy to take over someones team.
__________________
Go_Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter
 
BB2W's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Posts: 2,685
Gender: Male
Member Number: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

I wish I could say that I am 1 - 5 because I failed to put in backups, but I am actually trying... My team stinks!!!
__________________
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach
 
bigbensgirl7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,303
Member Number: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Damn...I just lost my first game last weekend...I'm 5-1 now!
__________________
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter
 
BB2W's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Posts: 2,685
Gender: Male
Member Number: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Damn...I just lost my first game last weekend...I'm 5-1 now!
We play eachother next week... I am gonna get smoked, and it will be a must win game.
__________________
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
SteelersFever
Founder
 
SteelersFever's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,038
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1
Thanks: 13
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

I'm guilty of all of the above! With the amount of time I've had lately and the way things were going in the league I skipped a few weeks. But, I'm coming back to win the trophy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter
 
BB2W's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Posts: 2,685
Gender: Male
Member Number: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFever
I'm guilty of all of the above! With the amount of time I've had lately and the way things were going in the league I skipped a few weeks. But, I'm coming back to win the trophy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
At least you have an excuse why your team sucks... I have bee doing everything I can to win, and I only have one more win than you (1). By the way... my only win was against you. Thanks for not putting in your roster, you would have probabaly won.
__________________
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach
 
bigbensgirl7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,303
Member Number: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
We play eachother next week... I am gonna get smoked, and it will be a must win game.
As awesome as you are...you know I'm not going to take it easy on ya!!!! No seriously...my team is falling apart with injuries left and right...hopefully I can recover or I'm going to have a hard time!
__________________
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #9
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter
 
BB2W's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Posts: 2,685
Gender: Male
Member Number: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
As awesome as you are...you know I'm not going to take it easy on ya!!!! No seriously...my team is falling apart with injuries left and right...hopefully I can recover or I'm going to have a hard time!
We should see if we can hook up for next weeks game... we'll see, I will PM you.
__________________
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 AM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootalltoscore
Whilst I do not wish to point the finger at any particular member, I find it very disappointing that some managers do not feel the need to either put in a backup player or acquire a player short term.

If it is a result of a bad start, there is no need to give up, I realise this is only a fun league, nevertheless I feel they owe it to other managers to at least be competitive in their individual games. I certainly believe there is NO excuse for leaving players in the team on their bye week.

Should there be a league next year, i hope we could at least find 10/12 managers who are willing to at least compete each week.

Responses from others sought, especially those who are not competing.

Finally whilst I understand that I may have upset some managers with these comments, if you have no interest in the games, would you consider a trade for a decent WR as I am struggling in this department ;-)
This is always a problem in Fantasy leagues. Lesser teams give up or cut and trade there players for someone else benefit. Lets hope we don`t have to worry about that. Does our commisioner have the final say so in trades?????????
If not maybe we ought to change that. So that if a team is out of playoff contention they don`t trade away greats for bums. Just my two cents.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts