Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,833 Posts
Default Tomlin Tells Belichick To Get Lost

As anyone reading this board knows, I am no Anthony Smith fan

But I am a huge Mike Tomlin fan

Props to Coach Tomlin for these comments yesterday:

Tomlin responded to Patriots coach Bill Belichick's criticism of the Steelers' safeties. Belichick said about Anthony Smith: "We've played against a lot better safeties than him, I'll tell you." And about the team's safeties in particular: "Well, again, the safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07346/840933-66.stm

Unlike teams like the Falcons, the Steelers know their head coach has their back..

Bill Belichick is a loathsome human being. I am to the point I am hoping something terrible happens to the Pats - if that makes me a bad person so be it. Karma is a b***h
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
FAB802
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2895
Default Re: Tomlin Tells Belichick To Get Lost

The Patriots are a farce. Everyone points to them as the model organization now because of Belichokehischiken and sissy boy Brady. Anthony Smith should have kept his mouth shut. That doesn't change the lack of class shown by the Patsie organization on a weekly basis. They cheated, they were caught. You can say they aren't doing it anymore, but EVERYTHING they have accomplished under that pompous jackass is tainted. I will never give them credit for anything. I won't insult people who want to jump on the slurpfest, I just don't buy into it. I will never wish injury on a player, but I won't fake concern for one who has brought it on themselves either. What comes around goes around.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Bill Belichick is a loathsome human being. I am to the point I am hoping something terrible happens to the Pats - if that makes me a bad person so be it. Karma is a b***h
I agree wholeheartedly. And I'm glad that Tomlin basically told that pr*ck in so many words to go do something anatomically impossible with himself.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
No!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!

Quote:
"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it."[/I]
In other words, FOOK YOU BELICHICK. Tomlin was being overly polite.

I watched the clip of Tomlin's statements last night on the news. There was a fire in his eyes and I knew he was pissed, but as always, he was the consummate classy professional. Props, Coach Tomlin, for having the backs of your guys and for carrying on the Steelers' classy tradition.

I, too, am a huge fan of Mike Tomlin. Beliprick's remarks were unnecessary, classless and unprofessional, but was anyone shocked? I'm with you, Dan - karma is a b**ch and what goes around eventually comes around.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

maybe bellycheat should take lessons from tomlin on how to be a classy man...oh wait he wouldnt know class if it slapped him upside his hoodie head.

as for pretty boy he was cute in his pc sunday after the game but monday he did a radio show and was a total prick.thanks brady for making u of m look bad....

i hope that we get to meet them in the playoffs and stick it to them.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Tough words from our tough coach. For the record, I too, enjoy everything this man says in public.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

If anyone is interested in watching the video of Tomlin's "reply" to Beliprick, I have linked it below. You have to be a little patient with the ad and Shumway's babble before getting to the good stuff. Notice Beliprick's usual arrogance. Well worth watching!

http://kdka.com/video/?cid=33

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #8
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i hope his arrogance comes back and bites him in the butt!!! i know its not the christian way to hate anyone, but i hate the pats and belichick!

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
susielr
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7858

Quote:

But I am a huge Mike Tomlin fan

Props to Coach Tomlin for these comments yesterday:

Tomlin responded to Patriots coach Bill Belichick's criticism of the Steelers' safeties. Belichick said about Anthony Smith: "We've played against a lot better safeties than him, I'll tell you." And about the team's safeties in particular: "Well, again, the safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07346/840933-66.stm

Unlike teams like the Falcons, the Steelers know their head coach has their back..

I can't believe that!! I missed the news conference yesterday but don't put Belichick past be a jerk. But did anyone notice him shake Tomlins hand after the game because I didn't. I think he is clearly unprofessional at the way I have seen him treat other coaches after games. Even other football players. Also when Brady had that chat with Anthony Smith after the first touchdown and James Harrison came and chest bumped him and backed Anthony up(by the way I did not agree with what Smith said) not one single Patriot came over and backed Brady up. They just walked by. Shows what kind of a team they are.
susielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #10
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Found this on a Patriots website of the post game handshake. I guess they have a running thread as to whether there is a handshake each week.

The look on Tomlin's face says a lot.

Tomlin & Belichick Handshake.jpg
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote