Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Lets Go 'stros....

Its true....the only people who were hyped were from Texas. I didnt buy into the hype so im sorry for bein a "hater" lol. Anyways, just like the eagles last year theyre gonna fall short which everyone knew would happen lol
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

what hype was there to buy into? espn didn't really hype them up, and of cause me and they guys are cause we are fans but there was no real hype to buy into. so now the white sox are your team? i thought it was the rangers oh wait the yankees. who will it be next season?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #13
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Anyone who plays up against those choke artists you call "your" team. There was plenty of hype just no point in buying into the "Eagles". Astros "fan" LOL
Old 10-24-2005, 12:10 AM   #14
Koopa
Living Legend

dude they aren't choke artist, you could say that if they were expected to win it all, all season long, but they weren't they were lucky to even get the wild card they did not choke they just losing. why is it everytime some one loses they are choke artist? the white sox are just better, and by you calling the astros choke artist you are downplayin the white sox by saying they only reason they have a 2-0 lead is becasue the astros choke which isn't the case the white sox are just better.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

No, alot of people expected the Astros to do good at the start of the season. Theyre choking I saw a play that should of been an out hit their glove and bounce right the hell out. These closers that were so great during the regular season are getting hit for grand slams and game winning homeruns. I dont know but either they were hiding how bad they suck really good or theyre choking. The White Sox are the better team but the Astros shoulda won today just didnt work out that way cause the best closers choked.

Now, you can go on and on about how im being a hater and yadda yadda but its clear. Someone people were calling the second best closer gets hit for the game winning homerun the first pitch he throws. The Qualls guy who was supposed to be a good one gets hit with a grand slam and there were just dumb plays being committed by the Astros. I think that pretty much explains why i say theyre choking
Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 AM   #16
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm
Its true....the only people who were hyped were from Texas. I didnt buy into the hype so im sorry for bein a "hater" lol. Anyways, just like the eagles last year theyre gonna fall short which everyone knew would happen lol
you want to talk about hype, ha, your boys almost blew a 15 game lead. that is pitiful. ozzie is in need of some serious counseling.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #17
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm
No, alot of people expected the Astros to do good at the start of the season. Theyre choking I saw a play that should of been an out hit their glove and bounce right the hell out. These closers that were so great during the regular season are getting hit for grand slams and game winning homeruns. I dont know but either they were hiding how bad they suck really good or theyre choking. The White Sox are the better team but the Astros shoulda won today just didnt work out that way cause the best closers choked.

Now, you can go on and on about how im being a hater and yadda yadda but its clear. Someone people were calling the second best closer gets hit for the game winning homerun the first pitch he throws. The Qualls guy who was supposed to be a good one gets hit with a grand slam and there were just dumb plays being committed by the Astros. I think that pretty much explains why i say theyre choking
they may have expected them to do good but not one non-texan sports writer picked them to be in the world series. qualls was never a great closer, lidge was our only good closer but he hasn't been the same since he blew the lead in august against the cubs.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron City Hangover
you want to talk about hype, ha, your boys almost blew a 15 game lead. that is pitiful. ozzie is in need of some serious counseling.

the white sox ain't his team, he's just being an ass, he has like 3 teams it just depends on who is winning at the time for him to talk about them
Old 10-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #19
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732

Chicago is undeserving of their spot in the World Series.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #20
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
the white sox ain't his team, he's just being an ass, he has like 3 teams it just depends on who is winning at the time for him to talk about them

LOL dont even talk fool. I see you rep the Astros when theyre winning when theyre losing "I dont care about baseball" damn bandwagon fans callin other people that lol. "Oh damn they won. Let me put up my Astros logo and act like I care so i can say my "team" is doing good"