Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #51
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Lets Go 'stros....

So by your standard there is no such thingas choking? Or do you mean it only doesnt apply to the Astros? Cause when i say a team is choking that means theyre not playing the same as they usually do. The Astros are not playing the same as they did against the Cardinals or Braves. They are making stupid plays that rookies probably wouldnt even make and im thinking its cause they finally got to the WorldSeries. So as far as im conserned theyre choking by playing sub par on the biggest stage. It bein the White Sox year doesnt control how many stupid plays the Astros make either it just seems like they arent handling the pressure (choking). They could change it all tonight but until then theyre choking.......

That fan that slapped Biggios wife is a fucking idiot. I dont see why you would do something like that and you won the damn game too.
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #52
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

do you not read what i put? i put the bullpen is choking and biggio on one play but it ain't fair to say they all are choking cause we still getting hits and scoring a lot. berkman is stepping up hell even jose vicieno or whoever you spell the last name stepped up and got a double in game 2. and to me choking is when a team that is supposed to be there (which according to you they ain't cause the umps got them there) and is supposed to be the better team (also which according to you they ain't cause it's the white sox year) doesn't play to par. like you can say the spurs choked in 2004 against the lakers. or last year the yankees choked against the red sox. you can say mcnabb choked the eagles did there best mcnabb choked but the better team won. the astros are just losing to the better team according to you. but you can continue to say the astros are choking but don't come back and say the white sox are better cause if the astros aren't choking they wouldn't have a 2-0 lead.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #53
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Dude......do you know what choking means? I think it means when you get to the big game or in this case series and play sub par. They are not playing like the team that beat the Cardinals or Braves. You can blame individual players (5 of em for christ sakes not 1 2 3 or 4 but 5) but theyre part of the team and theyre choking. I dont know if you get it or not but just swinging a bat and getting a hit is not even half the game.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #54
Koopa
Living Legend

ok biggio fucks up once and you acting like he does it everytime he's out on the field, the person you don't know the name of messes up once and you acting like he's never done it in his life, they are basically doing the same shit they did in the past series, hitting the dirt on long throws to first. the only ones that are messing up a lot is lidge and qualls not the whole damn team. and why you asking me do i know what choking means? when you don't even know cause you are telling me what you THINK it is.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #55
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732

Ahem... 1 - 0 'Stros.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #56
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Well tell me what you know it is then asshole. Dont ever say choke again cause according to you no one can do it. When you play like shit in the biggest games of your life youre choking end of story all there is to say. Theres nothing else you can say it is what it is.

Lets take the Cowboys as an example. Cortez is the reason they lost, but we choked at the end WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE. Sure it was Bledsoe that threw the pick but we choked. You can try and justify shit and point to every other player on the team but thats just not the way it works im sorry. I can list off the Cowboy players that did good on the drive they scored on but the fact of the matter is the team choked....like the Astros so far

1-0 means nothing lol they were up 2-0 last game at least i think
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #57
Koopa
Living Legend

well game 1 and 2 ain't the biggest games of their lives ppl have come back from 0-2, the white sox just did their part and keeping home park/field wtf ever they wanna call it, now it's our turn to do the same, and speaking of cortez the fool got picked up by the eagles, looks like the division is between the cowboys and giants, redskins will die off soon
Old 10-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #58
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

HELL YEAH!!!!!!! Down with the Eagles. That was all part of our plan we knew they needed a kicker and we set them up.

Up to date though those were the two biggest games most of them played in their lives (Not counting everyone who won with the Yankees)
Old 10-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #59
Koopa
Living Legend

well game one might've been their biggest game cause it was their first and they were jiddery if that's even how it's spelled, it don't matter they lost to the better team call it choking or whatever you want it. no point in going on and on and on and on and on and on about if they choked or just lost, cause obviously neither of us are gonna change our minds on it, lets just talk about game three when it's over.

that would be funny if cortez becomes one of the best kickers in the game with the eagles, and kicks the game winning field goal against y'all
Old 10-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #60
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Well if you choke you lose especially if you do what they did in game two but its whatever........... and looks like the Astros got off on a bad call

Actually it wouldnt be funny at all