Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,084 Times in 2,377 Posts
Default Re: santonio holmes?

Tough year for Santonio - serviceable stats (40 catches/675 yards/7 TDs) but this was the year I thought he would make the leap to 70-80 catches & 1000 yards - lots of nagging injuries
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #12
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Tough year for Santonio - serviceable stats (40 catches/675 yards/7 TDs) but this was the year I thought he would make the leap to 70-80 catches & 1000 yards - lots of nagging injuries
What do you mean this was the year?

Its his Second year on the Squad, Im not saying it doesnt sound good.
But the way you put it, makes it sound like he's been around for a minuete.
He just now Playing football within himself.
He was busy Fumbling Punts last year to get his head around Kicking butt in the passing game.

And What the heck... I thought Nate was Supposed to be the Fastest Man on the Team...
I Cant wait to not see Washington around, Week after week i Wait for him to step up, and week after week im left waiting...
Im not saying off with his head, Im just getting prepared, Im not happy with his play thus far at all, We give him oppurtunity's and more ogten then not its not cashed in.

I dont need spectacular, i just want some productivity out of someone other than Hinez santonio or a tight end...
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #13
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB802 View Post
That's a fact, but our team is a lot better prepared to stop a running team than they are a passing team. If they score more than that it'll be because Garrard had a good game. Besides, after last week I'm trying to be positive.

I am not really understanding why everyone is so down on losing to a team that has won its first 13 games of the season folks. We lost to the Jets and our team didnt catch as much slack about it as we did this Patriots team. The Patriots as bad as I hate to say it, is probably gonna run the table in the regular season. But I have said all along that when the weather is bad the Patriots big passing game is gonna struggle. Dont give up on this team just yet...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #14
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,518 Times in 1,100 Posts

I think we need to address a wide reciever in the draft to go with ward and holmes ward has been around a while so we need some one else to step in.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateC View Post
What do you mean this was the year?

Its his Second year on the Squad, Im not saying it doesnt sound good.
But the way you put it, makes it sound like he's been around for a minuete.
He just now Playing football within himself.
He was busy Fumbling Punts last year to get his head around Kicking butt in the passing game.

And What the heck... I thought Nate was Supposed to be the Fastest Man on the Team...
I Cant wait to not see Washington around, Week after week i Wait for him to step up, and week after week im left waiting...
Im not saying off with his head, Im just getting prepared, Im not happy with his play thus far at all, We give him oppurtunity's and more ogten then not its not cashed in.

I dont need spectacular, i just want some productivity out of someone other than Hinez santonio or a tight end...
I mean what I said - Holmes was predicted in numerous preseason columns to be one of the 10 NFL players who was going to have a breakout year - he has not had it (remember all the preseason chatter about the Steelers stretching the field with the deep ball?)

I am not blaming Holmes - I am simply saying expectations were higher and for reason including injuries (and presumably the inability of the OL to hold blocks and allow deep patterns to develop) those expectations have not been met - 3 catches and 50 yards a game is not what is expected or for that matter required out of that position.

As for the Washington comparison, expectations legitimately are much higher for a #1 draft pick
Old 12-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Santo's injuries aren't the kind that will heal up after a week or 3. He needs serious rest for that to happen, and he won't get it until the season is over. He's a tough kid, and he'll gut it out.After seeing Ward drop an inordinate amount of passes over the last month or so, I'd sat Holmes has the best hands on the team now (although Heath might give him a run for his money), and we need him on the filed down the stretch.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Just my opinion...Santonio will be outstanding, once the Steelers get an excellent second option (Hines @ FL, TBD @ SE, Santonio @ Slot).
Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

You must be nuts.

Santonio would have had a breakout year if it weren't for this damn injury.

In my opinion he did breakout and is easily one of the best WR's in the league. However a high ankle sprain might as well be a fractured ankle.

We just need to make plays tomorrow.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozz723 View Post
You must be nuts.

Santonio would have had a breakout year if it weren't for this damn injury.
Thanks for the insightful rejoinder - I wish I could write as eloquently

I said the injuries are holding him back - but it may also be the OL - I am not saying Holmes was a wasted draft pick or not putting forth sufficient effort

Sorry I did not just post this is the best of all possible Steelers worlds and that every Steeler would be going to the Pro Bowl is not for reasons beyond their control
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 AM   #20
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

I wonder if anyone could give me an insight into Santonio`s 43 yard touchdown against the Cardinals in Week 4 ,2007.
He looked up just before he got to the endzone and there was the ball landing right on top of him!
Was this a move worked out in training or a case of Sainto relying on Ben to deliver the perfect throw?
Am I making any sense?

Last edited by sherlock; 01-26-2008 at 03:07 AM. Reason: link to video doesn`t work
sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote