Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #781
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars Gameday Thread - 12/16/07

Kendall Simmons. (Who is probably the strength of our line this year by the way if you watch film)
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #782
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Kendall Simmons. (Who is probably the strength of our line this year by the way if you watch film)
Simmons might be the strength of the Oline this year but its by default...lol That Oline is terrible period....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #783
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

I think they should just throw these rookie LB's in, they can't do much worse. Jags had over 200 yds rushing today, what a shame for the #1 Defense.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #784
ShutDown24
Team President

This list is horrible ain't it? Edwards is the only guy on that that wasn't a great player in the league and Timmons is still unproven.

2007 Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State
2006 Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
2005 Heath Miller TE Virginia
2004 Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami (OH)
2003 Troy Polomalu S USC
2002 Kendall Simmons OL Auburn
2001 Casey Hampton DT Texas
2000 Plaxico Burress WR Michigan St.
1999 Troy Edwards WR LA Tech
1998 Alan Faneca G LSU

As far as the backers, If Smith was in at DE we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now because Eason and Kirschke are suspect against the run- Smith is a great run stopper. James Harrison has 8 1/2 sacks on the year, how can you argue with that?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #785
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
I think they should just throw these rookie LB's in, they can't do much worse. Jags had over 200 yds rushing today, what a shame for the #1 Defense.
I'm with you on the rookies playing more...Who knows they might actually play well...Hell Woodley had 3 sacks in the first half of the season.....:Lets not play him more..... Woodley had some snaps today but they dropped him in coverage instead of letting rush the passer.....
Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #786
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I never thought this D was great in the first place even when they were rated number 1...lol Its a good defense but far from great......Part of the problem there isn't any impact plays...Smith made one today but that was it.....

James Harrison is a nice player but its becoming more evident that he isn't an elite player...Haggans has disappeared after a solid start on the season....Farrior is having a good year but he is in his early 30s........Well Foote is just solid but when you don't have the other LBs making impact plays on a consistent basis its hard to mask Foote's short coming...I'm just hoping Woodley and Timmons are the impact LBs this defense needs....The 3-4 is built on impact LBs......

Speaking of impact players.....Troy is getting paid as one but he has been very quiet this year.....

This defense is far from the Steel Curtain and even mentioning them in the same breath as the great defenses of the 70s is a slap in the face to the Steel Curtain...lol
IMO Haggans has played himself out of any potential re-signing. What troubles me is that with the drop-off in the last month, if Timmons was showing anything in practice he would be getting some snaps on D.

This team is going 4-3; IMO Troy's comment in Cook's column today on not having as many opportunities to make plays this year is the tip of the iceberg on Cowher/LeBeau players being frustrated with the change in philosophy.

I would not be surprised if Arians is fired and LeBeau retired as Tomlin brings in his own men - that may not be a bad thing - this team is a long way from being close to the SB.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #787
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
IMO Haggans has played himself out of any potential re-signing. What troubles me is that with the drop-off in the last month, if Timmons was showing anything in practice he would be getting some snaps on D.

This team is going 4-3; IMO Troy's comment in Cook's column today on not having as many opportunities to make plays this year is the tip of the iceberg on Cowher/LeBeau players being frustrated with the change in philosophy.

I would not be surprised if Arians is fired and LeBeau retired as Tomlin brings in his own men - that may not be a bad thing - this team is a long way from being close to the SB.
Arians being fired wouldn't be a bad thing, but LeBeau has worked with Tomlin and together they have made this kind of hybrid which by the way is still the #1 defense in the league. Two things I will never understand about some of you. We have (Had) the leading rusher in Parker and the best defense in the league who just had a bad day, yet you people still find a way to complain about it...?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #788
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

I don't know about you but this team can't switch to the 4-3 over night so that would be a mistake....The biggest need in the off-season is the offensive line...If Tomlin doesn't see that then he needs to be slapped...If the Steelers wanted to switch to the 4-3 they would have to at least draft 3-4 defensive lineman in this upcoming draft.....They would need two more DTs and a Freeney type pass rushing DE.......So the Steelers might switch to the 4-3 in time but it won't be next year....Maybe Tomlin needs to take his hands off the D and just let LeBeau send blitz after blitz....
Old 12-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #789
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

If this is the #1 defense I would hate to see the worst. Also, it's not just one bad day the defense on several occasions has not been able to stop even the Jets from marching down the field on them.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #790
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Arians being fired wouldn't be a bad thing, but LeBeau has worked with Tomlin and together they have made this kind of hybrid which by the way is still the #1 defense in the league. Two things I will never understand about some of you. We have (Had) the leading rusher in Parker and the best defense in the league who just had a bad day, yet you people still find a way to complain about it...?
We complain since we knew this team was a fraud and only took advantage of a early weak schedule.....