Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817
Default D Line and O LIne

where is the O line???

wtaching teh game here in Canada, I cannot see it, can you guys down south see the D LIne? I guess Our O line is missing as well. WOW
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485
Default Re: D Line and O LIne

there is no O line, it's just Ben and Willie back there!
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Steeldude
Living Legend

this is what happens when you neglect the O-line. the steelers were doing the same with the LBs until the last draft.

i have been saying for years that ignoring the O-line will cost the steelers. who have they really acquired since wasting their 1st pick in 2002 on simmons? you could say they drafted starks, but he will most likely be gone after the season. as of now the steelers have no future stars or starters waiting in the wings.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Dude the Oline has sucked all year.....No surprise that they got their butts handed to them by an injury riddled Jags Dline...lol

As for the Dline...It just wasn't the Dline...The whole D sucked again this week......No sacks yet again.....lol The D isn't the number 1 D in the NFL like the stats have said...The D is such a fraud its not even funny...
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Our LB's got smoked today - they are usually high impact, but were virtually MIA.

No sacks and no pass rush. Garrard basically had all day to throw back there when Taylor wasn't punching us in the mouth.

You have to hand it to J-ville - they played a damned good football game regardless of how poorly we played.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm just grateful Ben's not in traction yet.

Thank God for Troy..............it would have been extra ugly without him.

Props to Anthony Smith for saving face at least for this game.....he was going down big time.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well we havent had a pass rush all year, why would it change today? I hope our 2 picks are ready to play next year cause we need something even remotely resembling a pass rush on Def if we are to do anything. Smith saving what? He was burned again for a TD, the Int had nothing to do with him, it was perfectly thrown pass to him . . . he ran along side of Fred for about 20 yards multiple times (apparently if he cant make the big hit he cant tackle). He is getting raped out there, but he is young so hopefully he will learn . . . but I am not so sure about that.

Last edited by Rotorhead; 12-16-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Because i forgot something
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts

That is why the talk about Aaron Smith is out there. I remember when Hampton blew out his knee in 2003, the D crumbled after. Losing Smith is gonna hurt. Honestly, if it weren't for Troy, this game would have been a blow out by far. And those who criticized Troy this year don't watch the games closely. It was obvious he was hurt all year and played hurt. Taking 3 weeks off helped him regroup and that is why he was effective today.

O-line is done and had been done for a while now. An offensive line doesn't get better if they stink all year. This line will continue to be lousy and it is the reason why the Steelers may lose in the first round. It seems like every time the Steelers finally get the right talent at Qb or WR, something else goes to crap.

by the way, if Haggens and Silverback arent gonna get us sacks for 3 straight weeks, we might want to see what the rookies can do every now and then. if this team has at least one LB that can put pressure every time, things might be different. I would put in Woodley at least and see what happens....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

I wanted to make a O=Line post, but this subject covers it....The STEELERS really need to draft some hogs next year to protect our franchise QB and make holes for Willie...Ben is hit waaaaaay tooo much, and Willie has to bounce outside alot becuase there are no holes where the linemen are blocking....

Also too a decent KR and PR would be nice.......

Last edited by NV STEELERS 723; 12-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

O-Line has stunk all year and it has for quite a while. It's not the coaching, it's the players. They just stink as a unit. 2004 was the last time the Steelers fielded a strong and consistent Offensive line. Even in 2005 the Offensive Line was spotty.

Here is the Steelers Offense as of this point:

There's Ben, Willie, Heath, and the Recievers. That's it. There is no offensive line. The Jags have 16 guys on Defense: Their players and our "Offensive Line".
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote