Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: #1 Rush defense. Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
When we make the playoffs I don't want you to watch any of the games, ok? Fair weather fans are the worst.
THANK YOU!!!!!

A-FREAKIN-MEN!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

If somebody knocks the Steelers they're fair weather fans?...Thats crap.......Most of you have to take your blinders off........Our D got butt raped today......lol Fred Taylor has been in the NFL for 10 years now and has killed us on cut backs...Do you think we could ever catch on?lol Remember that 200 yard game he had against us back in 2000 at Three Rivers...I had visions of that in my head today...lol Only difference it was snowing today...lol

As for the play-offs its not for certain this team is making it anymore......The Browns are not going away and have a cake walk schedule.....The Steelers have two road games left....The Steelers have been terrible on the road all season.....We have the AFC North lead by having the tie breaker....But I'm sure the Browns will win out...I know I know some of you think thats impossible...But they have to play the Bengals and the 49ers....lol So if the Brown do win out and the Steelers lose one game then the Browns win the division....Thats very likely to happen with the direction of these two teams...

Steelers dropped the ball big time today to seal the AFC North and some of us just choose to admit instead of being a total homer....lol I just hope this team regains its focus and wins their final two ball games......The Rams game is going to be tough....A short week and on the road...Plus Steven Jackson is getting back to form....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

WAAAAA WAAAAAA its past your bed time i think!
Chill out haha your making stupid comments like browns will win the division and we will miss the playoffs.
The defense was not that bad you cant count everyone out!
Go to bed!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #14
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
If somebody knocks the Steelers they're fair weather fans?...Thats crap.......Most of you have to take your blinders off........Our D got butt raped today......lol Fred Taylor has been in the NFL for 10 years now and has killed us on cut backs...Do you think we could ever catch on?lol Remember that 200 yard game he had against us back in 2000 at Three Rivers...I had visions of that in my head today...lol Only difference it was snowing today...lol

As for the play-offs its not for certain this team is making it anymore......The Browns are not going away and have a cake walk schedule.....The Steelers have two road games left....The Steelers have been terrible on the road all season.....We have the AFC North lead by having the tie breaker....But I'm sure the Browns will win out...I know I know some of you think thats impossible...But they have to play the Bengals and the 49ers....lol So if the Brown do win out and the Steelers lose one game then the Browns win the division....Thats very likely to happen with the direction of these two teams...

Steelers dropped the ball big time today to seal the AFC North and some of us just choose to admit instead of being a total homer....lol I just hope this team regains its focus and wins their final two ball games......The Rams game is going to be tough....A short week and on the road...Plus Steven Jackson is getting back to form....
It is over! It's all over! We have no chance of making the playoffs now! Like OMG the Browns will win it all! This is turning out like 2005! NOOOO!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984

We will win the division calm down

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

I know for sure I don't have blinders on, but I'm damned sure not going to play into the "sky is falling down" mindset of a few around here. We didn't play up to our capabilities and the Jags punched us hard in the mouth - they're a damned good football team as I think anyone with a fraction of football common sense knew going into today's game.

I'm not going to predict this team's immediate future. They control their own destiny right now and somehow, I think they are going to turn it around. Why you might ask? Because I BELIEVE in them. If for whatever reason, they end up as a WC or, God forbid, don't make the playoffs, thems the breaks. They've exceeded my expectations this season and let the chips fall where they may.

This team (minus a couple of rooks and second year players) have risen from adversity before and it's not impossible for them to rise again. I'm not giving up on them.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #17
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

I think we have a solid team. We have game breaking players on our team with tons of talent. We also have a very large "want to" win attitude. The game today was a big punch in the mouth for us. But this is where we have lived in the last few years as a team. When the going has gotten tough we have gotten going. The ONLY thing I would like to see in our team is being more ready for the teams we face weekly. It does seem in the last weeks we have begun games and felt out the other team's offensive and defensive schemes. We can't do this and expect to win. This is not like throwing horse shoes here, thinking Ahh we'll get closer next time. We have to be more ready for the teams we face come game day. Today we seen a QB that has missed all week. A #43 with his first game back in weeks. And today the Jags ran it rite at him, up the middle. Tomlin better have handed out prep books in the locker room tonight for the next two games.

"But thats just my opinion and I could be wrong."
Dennis Leary

We win ....we are Steelers
We lose ..we are Steelers

Old 12-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
It is over! It's all over! We have no chance of making the playoffs now! Like OMG the Browns will win it all! This is turning out like 2005! NOOOO!
Dude you need a history lesson.....The Steelers run of 2005 doesn't happen every year...That was once of life time run and thats what made that season so special....As for the Browns if you don't think they have a great chance at winning the AFC North then you're totally blind...They play the Bengals and the 49ers.....lol The Steelers have two road games left which they have been terrible on the road all season.....

Its not crazy to think the Browns will finish 11-5 and the Steelers 10-6...If that happens the Browns win the North....The Steelers are letting this season slip away....2005 isn't going to happen again with this team......Not with this Oline and this defense that can't make a huge stop when it matters.....Those have been two consistent problems all season....

Doesn't make anyone less of a fan for pointing a teams short comings.....If you want to be blind and live in your the Steelers are the greatest at everything world then so be it but don't come at other fans for thinking otherwise...

I just love all these lame ass responses that you people come up with...Well they exceeded my expectations....So freaking what.....they exceeded mine as well...But at the same time I'm not going to be happy when the team plays like a bunch of stiffs and keeps blowing opportunity after opportunity....

But I know I know just at 2005..... Keeping thinking 2005 is going to happen again.......It seems most of you are LITP......Living In The Past........ Bunch of freaking blind homers...If it wasn't for Ben this team would be total crap...lol and Parker...Can't blame Willie...for this mess also.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Dude you need a history lesson.....The Steelers run of 2005 doesn't happen every year...That was once of life time run and thats what made that season so special....As for the Browns if you don't think they have a great chance at winning the AFC North then you're totally blind...They play the Bengals and the 49ers.....lol The Steelers have two road games left which they have been terrible on the road all season.....

Its not crazy to think the Browns will finish 11-5 and the Steelers 10-6...If that happens the Browns win the North....The Steelers are letting this season slip away....2005 isn't going to happen again with this team......Not with this Oline and this defense that can't make a huge stop when it matters.....Those have been two consistent problems all season....

Doesn't make anyone less of a fan for pointing a teams short comings.....If you want to be blind and live in your the Steelers are the greatest at everything world then so be it but don't come at other fans for thinking otherwise...

I just love all these lame ass responses that you people come up with...Well they exceeded my expectations....So freaking what.....they exceeded mine as well...But at the same time I'm not going to be happy when the team plays like a bunch of stiffs and keeps blowing opportunity after opportunity....

But I know I know just at 2005..... Keeping thinking 2005 is going to happen again.......It seems most of you are LITP......Living In The Past........ Bunch of freaking blind homers...If it wasn't for Ben this team would be total crap...lol and Parker...Can't blame Willie...for this mess also.....
Another 'fan' who thinks the team owes them everything... Get a clue. You are not a fan, you just like to complain.

Ben and Willie are not the only good players on this team contrary to popular beliefe. It takes 53 guys to get a winning record and 0 fans telling you what you're doing wrong on a message board.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #20
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45 View Post
We will win the division calm down
I wish I'd share you enthusiasm.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote