Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #21
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: #1 Rush defense. Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Another 'fan' who thinks the team owes them everything... Get a clue. You are not a fan, you just like to complain.

Ben and Willie are not the only good players on this team contrary to popular beliefe. It takes 53 guys to get a winning record and 0 fans telling you what you're doing wrong on a message board.
I never said this team owes me anything...Learn to ****ing read ..... Never said Ben and Willie were the only good players on the team.......I just don't blame them for the mess out there today......You need to get a clue..... Understand now simpleton.....

As a fan I have the right to complain about a team playing like a bunch of stiffs...The Oline and defense played like bums today....But everything is good since we still have the North lead and 2005 will happen again....Freaking homer take the blinders off.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #22
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I never said this team owes me anything...Learn to ****ing read ..... Never said Ben and Willie were the only good players on the team.......I just don't blame them for the mess out there today......You need to get a clue..... Understand now simpleton.....

As a fan I have the right to complain about a team playing like a bunch of stiffs...The Oline and defense played like bums today....But everything is good since we still have the North lead and 2005 will happen again....Freaking homer take the blinders off.....
Since you know so much can you do us all a favor and buy the team? Things would obviously run much smoother with such an intellegant and loyal personality leading the way instead of those 'Rooneys'.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #23
RunWillieRun
Team President

Member Number: 3226

Quote:
Another 'fan' who thinks the team owes them everything... Get a clue. You are not a fan, you just like to complain.

Ben and Willie are not the only good players on this team contrary to popular beliefe. It takes 53 guys to get a winning record and 0 fans telling you what you're doing wrong on a message board.

I love these responses about who is and who is not a 'fan.' Apparenlty if you say anything negative about the team then you are not a fan.

Let me just say that I think the team played great today!!! Amazing performances by everyone!...and that run defense? Best I have ever seen!....The O-line? A well oiled pass protection machine!!

(Am I a real fan now?)

Give me a freakin' break...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #24
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Since you know so much can you do us all a favor and buy the team? Things would obviously run much smoother with such an intellegant and loyal personality leading the way instead of those 'Rooneys'.
Another the Rooney's can do wrong...I love the Rooneys to but at the same time they're not perfect...But how dare I question anything related to the Steelers...lol Would love to buy the Steelers.....Only problem don't have the 900 million or so to buy the team.....But with that kind of response just proves you don't live in reality...lol
Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
I love these responses about who is and who is not a 'fan.' Apparenlty if you say anything negative about the team then you are not a fan.

Let me just say that I think the team played great today!!! Amazing performances by everyone!...and that run defense? Best I have ever seen!....The O-line? A well oiled pass protection machine!!

(Am I a real fan now?)

No, it's much more preferable to hear "Fire Tomlin!," "This is the worst team ever!," "The Browns have the division locked up!," "We suck!" every post.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #26
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:

(Am I a real fan now?)

See a person that gets it and lives in the real world......Which this is the point I'm trying to make when these homers always attack fans for being negative...I call it like I see it....The Oline sucked again...The defense was worse....Ben and Willie are Gods....Heath Miller is having a nice year catching the ball but his blocking has declined.....Holmes is having a nice season and is living up to his first round draft status....Nate Washington makes the great catch but drops the easy ones....Ced Wilson is just Ced Wilson....Makes to much money for the few plays he does make...lol

The Oline sucks......period....The Defense is a fraud.....end of statement....
Old 12-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #27
RunWillieRun
Team President

Member Number: 3226

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No, it's much more preferable to hear "Fire Tomlin!," "This is the worst team ever!," "The Browns have the division locked up!," "We suck!" every post.
We'll I think saying things like that is ridiculous but I don't think it is right to assume we are in control of the division.

I just get pissed at all of these holier-than-thou attitudes telling everyone they aren't real fans.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #28
geo123
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7778

I'm not giving up on them, but they really have to make some changes(fast).
I'm not sure what the problem is; there is plenty of blame to go around though.

Up until the 4th Q I thought the problem was with the O. We had scored only 10 pts, the TD came on a drive that started on the Jacksonville 31. Aside from that we had three 3 and outs, and four other times we ran less than 7 plays. Not quite the recipe for success. They finally scored twice in the 4Q although one drive started on the Jags 12.
Then after the O ties the game the D lets the Jags go down the field(70yds) in 3 min and score a TD. Not to mention the TD they gave up to start the 3Q that ate up 10 min.
Who's to blame? I didn't se the game, but I know Ben was sacked 5 times and pressured a lot more. The D really neds to get some sacks themselves.

We have the Rams on Thur. I think they're 3 and 10, but they have played well in the last couple of games. This is a game we should win. There should be no excuses! Maybe we could try getting a 10-14 point lead for a change instead of playig catch up!
geo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #29
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
We'll I think saying things like that is ridiculous but I don't think it is right to assume we are in control of the division.

I just get pissed at all of these holier-than-thou attitudes telling everyone they aren't real fans.
Um, yeah - we ARE in control of the division still. If the playoffs started today, we win the division by tiebreaker = in control of the division. I would never question anybody's fandom, but I do get a little tired of the sky is falling garbage so soon after the train wreck last year. Am I disappointed at today's loss? Absolutely. Am I ready to declare the season over because of it, especially when we are still in control of our own destiny in the division? Sorry, no I'm not, but I guess that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker to some. So be it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:

Thank you.........I guess some Steelers fans just think we must never question the great Steelers organization......But I understand why the older fans that experienced the great times think that......They have already experienced 5 Super Bowl wins.......with 4 being in 6 years....So why should they complain?.....

I'm sorry I experienced one win and I want to experience more.......Its a sickness....When the team plays like stiffs then I'm calling them out...Especially when they get paid millions...People call me out when I don't do my job and i don't make anything close to these multi-millionaires that play a game...lol