Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
jsteelers51191
Water Boy

Member Number: 5973
Default Ben looks extremely uncomfortable and unsure of himself in the shotgun

For almost his whole 3-4 years, he looks like he double clutches everything and he isn't sure of himself and he ends up trying to run in circles on almost every shotgun play and the only time we get a posittive gain in shotgun, it is because of Ben improvising and not because of a well drawn up play. I would really like to see an overhead view of the field to see if Ben is just missing open guys,only looking for one receivers, or the receivers just aren't getting open because of satan's(Arians) play-calling.
jsteelers51191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Ben looks extremely uncomfortable and unsure of himself in the shotgun

i would too if i had 300 pound men within inches of me every single time i threw the ball.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Ben looks extremely uncomfortable and unsure of himself in the shotgun

With this pitiful offensive line, ass playcalling, and mediocre recievers behind Holmes and Ward that hang him out to dry occasionally, can you blame him? It seems that the only reciever he trusts is Hines.

Why do we go Shotgun only on 3rd and long?
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Hey Miller is a great receiver :P . . . but I blame this season on playcalling/Oline. If the line cant block (like this year) you have to call more quick slants so Ben can get rid of the ball and negate the rush (even if the rush is only 4 downline against our 5+ blocking.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I think that Ben would be comfortable if we ran some more play action and roll him out of the pocket. We all know he does some of his best work on the run so why not try it.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
I think that Ben would be comfortable if we ran some more play action and roll him out of the pocket. We all know he does some of his best work on the run so why not try it.
i like the play actions.. but the with the rollouts, he'll just walk into an outside rusher. they have simply been getting too much penetration on the outside vs us.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Santonio is playing injured. He's usually clutch with the ball. Nobody could hold on to it today.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Santonio is playing injured. He's usually clutch with the ball. Nobody could hold on to it today.
santonio wasnt even the one dropping them.. hines and miller had big drops.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

If it weren't for Big Ben, the Steelers would be 5-9 this year. His extension of plays has single handily won this team 4 games this year. If Big Ben has Brady time, Big Ben would be a surgeon on the field and would be able to throw 35 TDs every year consistently.

I'll explain to you the difference between the Brady's, Manning and Ben's.

Manning is a timing, studying, accurate machine. In order to do what he does, he must be able to throw on time and his guys must be on the same page. Once you disrupt that, there is a chance of making things hard for Manning. But because his guys are as dedicated and in tune as he is because that what Manning demands, he is able to be effective and not get hurt at all.

Brady NEVER, I mean NEVER in 7 years has not had a great line. The reason why Brady can sit back and throw and make the Gaffneys(who get cut by the Texans) superstars, is because he has 4 or 5 seconds on a consistent basis. On top of that, he is a smart QB and on top of that, this year, he actually has weapons, thus, 14-0 this year.

Big Ben, he is a blend of both with a kicker, he is very mobile. He is tall, strong armed like Manning and has the smarts to get things done no matter who is on the team or what is going on. He can think off the fly like Brady. The only problem is now that he has 4 years in the NFL and has honed in on his talent and defenses, now he cant get a damn sec to drop back after play action and not have to worry about a DE being right into his face.

I know some will think I am crazy comparing Brady and Manning into Ben, but understand that Im not saying putting those two together makes Big Ben, but Ben has the talent and the smart that those guys have in important areas and with possibly the worst line in Pittsburgh in I dont know how many years, Ben has thrown 29 TDs and only thrown 11 Ints.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Ben is such a warrior. through all the pressure he still was battling to the final minute. and hey......no interceptions! and he also broke Bradshaw's team record of 28 td passes!

O line will get him killed out there, but he will always stand up and continue the fight. that's what I love about him, he's like a young Favre in those aspects.

o line is the problem. like jjpro11, anybody would be uncomfortable with 300 pounds guys in their faces
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote