Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default This is not "05"

In "05" the Steelers played with an urgency down the stretch knowing if they lose the season most likely ends. This years version plays with no urgency at all, we seem to always play from behind, and play down to teams that would not appear to be our equals. I honestly thought we were one of the top three teams in the NFL before we lost to the Jets, but since losing 3 of 5 and losing bad to Patriots(scoreboard wise) and losing even worse to the Jags(they bullied us) I can only say we are very much middle tier. It pains me to say this but if this team does not find the fire we could miss the playoffs entirely, or worse make the playoffs and then lose to someone like the Browns. Now I am ready for the blind to call me out as chicken little, bandwagon, fair weather whatever' but if you do then please give me reason to believe otherwise. State something you see as hope for a different scenario. I only hope we get some help through FA or the draft cause I see a team that needs help,Serious help, in several areas.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: This is not "05"

How many complaining topics can one fair weather fan like yourself start? I think we may see a world record before the night is out.

Steelers: 9 - 5, leading a division with the leagues leading rusher and #1 defense. I suggest you get some sleep or go root for the Patriots like that Jeremiah dude last week...
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
How many complaining topics can one fair weather fan like yourself start? I think we may see a world record before the night is out.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
i gotta agree.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

that and Joey Porter gave the Steelers 13.5 sacks from reg to playoff games. And Haggans gave another 10. If the steelers dont pressure the Qb, theres only so much DBs can hold.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,063 Posts

its 2007, but thanks for the update for the 1-2 fans here who dont actually know what freaking year it is.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

All I ask is there any hope? I have been a fan for 38 years how many have most of you? And callin em like I see em is not fair weather. Some called out Emmitt Smith for this mornings comments, it seems he may be more right than wrong. When the Steelers lost to Arizona I said that is just one game with a staff that knows us too well. When Denver beat us I said they had a bye at home. When we lost to the Jets I didnt even say anything. But with the Jets loss we started a trend of games where we have played pretty bad. Now all this has come in the downstretch of the season where it would be nice to be peaking, similar to what happened in "05". Sorry I dont wear Rose colored glasses all the time, but we got handled pretty good today if no noticed
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

9-5

Still leading AFCN.

That is all.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:

Steelers: 9 - 5, leading a division with the leagues leading rusher and #1 defense. I suggest you get some sleep or go root for the Patriots like that Jeremiah dude last week...
The number 1 defense...... Stop just stop...I don't care what the stats say that defense is far from the best in the NFL......That number 1 D sure hasn't showed up the last two weeks...Plus can't make key stops late in games when the game is on the line...That has been a season long problem...

As for Willie being the number 1 rusher......Parker is a badass and I have no complaints with him...He would have 2000 yards and at least 7-8 TDs with a better Oline.....

As for the division lead...It keeps slipping away.....But we have the tiebreaker over the Browns....At this point if the Browns keep winning and the Steelers just lose one more it won't matter...lol If you think this team makes another run being the 6th seed and that is if they make the play-offs then you're living in a dream world.....A team that can't protect its QB or can't make a key stop on defense when the game is on the line will not go on a run like 2005....Thats not being less of fan thats just stating the facts....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
9-5

Still leading AFCN.

That is all.
Wow I feel so much better with the Browns finding ways to win every week and the Steelers playing like stiffs.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote