Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default The Official The Sky Is Falling Thread

Mods, I have taken the liberty of making this thread in the hopes to contain all of the "The Sky Is Falling" posts and threads in this single one, so we that want to disscuss other topics other than how "this is the worst Steelers team to ever play", "Ben and Willie are two of the worst players in the NFL", "this team has absolutley no heart", "Tomlin sucks and was a mistake", and stuff like that don't have to weed through 4 pages to get to something.

So please sticky this thread, and feel free to merge all the "Sky Is Falling" stuff into this thread.

And to all those that don't have any faith in this team, I am not calling you guys fair-weather, bandwagon, or trolls. You are just pessemistic and I would personally prefer all the pessemism (I know that's spelled wrong) to this thread instead of the entire board being polluted with it.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: The Official The Sky Is Falling Thread

AHHHH!!! ITS FALLING!!! RUN EVERYONE!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

I left the Steelers 'official' forums again with disgust in all of the 'sky is falling, Coach T sucks, Ben lost this game' threads .... I seriously don't know why I don't just stay here. It's been a while - and I forget that there are some level headed fans in other forums.

Plus, it's nice to be able to write words without them being censored, like 'fundamentals' .. that board is silly sometimes.... ;)

GO STEELERS!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #4
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default SKY fell long ago

You forgot the water boy refilling bottles in the river(s).

The sky fell last season. And we're bouncing off the bottom with a winning record.

The sky fell last season. And we're bouncing off the bottom and going to the playoffs.

The sky fell last season. And there is no cap on scouting. SO the Rooney's know that we know how much money is being generated by merchandise. Well their CPA's know but we are guessing really big.

Joe Thomas is becoming a kingpin for the Browns. I doubt the Rooney's are going to play loose and passive.

The point of your thread should be well taken. Everyone just chill. We are REBUILDING.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

CASTEEL, I left that place a long time ago.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Mods, I have taken the liberty of making this thread in the hopes to contain all of the "The Sky Is Falling" posts and threads in this single one, so we that want to disscuss other topics other than how "this is the worst Steelers team to ever play", "Ben and Willie are two of the worst players in the NFL", "this team has absolutley no heart", "Tomlin sucks and was a mistake", and stuff like that don't have to weed through 4 pages to get to something.

So please sticky this thread, and feel free to merge all the "Sky Is Falling" stuff into this thread.

And to all those that don't have any faith in this team, I am not calling you guys fair-weather, bandwagon, or trolls. You are just pessemistic and I would personally prefer all the pessemism (I know that's spelled wrong) to this thread instead of the entire board being polluted with it.
Forgive us... "optimistic fans"... for seeing the problems that this team has been having for the past 6 weeks. After all, this is a team that won the Super Bowl only 2 years ago....perhaps we were wrong to expect anything beyond a 8-8 record.

I don't think we are rebuilding. We have talent on this team and we are playing poorly.

Tomlin did not inherit a team that was rebuilding or where the cubbard was empty. Atlanta is a rebuilding job....Pittsburgh is not. We should be playing better than we are in key situations in the game...even the most positive fan should be able to admit that.

If you think this team is a lock to win Thursday night or make the playoffs, then so be it. I see a team in trouble that has not played well for 6 straight weeks. I'll even give them a pass against NE because they are that much better than everyone else.

I'm moving on to the Rams, hoping that the team that I believe we are...or should be...will show up and win the game.

If you take this as a sky is falling post then that's your perogative, but I know I am not the only one who see's the obvious problems with this team...even the opposing coaches see it.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

I see the problems, but I don't want to come to the board and see 100 posts on the same topics. I'd prefer it all be kept in here, so I don't have to weed through 12 pages to find a topic that isn't completly negative and argumentitive.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Because I was so PISSEDOFF this weekend after watching my team UNDER PERFORM I jumped up into the air and PUNCHED THE SKY RIGHT IN THE FACE and BROKE IT!!!

So yeah...I like the Most Violent Team in football...STILL and want them to show me what they are made of, strap up their boots, pull up their socks, tighten their belts or whatever other type of metaphor you can come up with and STEP UP TO THE PLATE...and DIG IN...and FOCUS and ONE AT A TIME it until we are IN THE MOTHER FCKING PLAYOFFS!!!

Now, I'm going to walk around my office, punching fools in the face leaving my Steelers ring imprinted on their foreheads...not because we lost yesterday...but because the Football Gods demand sacrifice and the Ravens falling apart yesterday only made the Football Gods hungry for more.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3558

I dont mind the Steelers fans that criticize the team or have some negative things to say about them. There are two types of Steeler fans I cannot stand at all, and sadly, they make up 75% of our fanbase. Those two types are...

1) Blind homer Steeler fans, that make excuses for players when they dont play well, and are too ignorant to admit we fall short in certain areas. They all flame any Steeler fans who crititicize the Steelers at all. I have dealt with plenty of these people, and are a big reason why alot of other fans cant stand Steeler fans.

2) "THE SKY IS FALLING" Steeler fans. The thing that needs to be cleared up is there is a difference between fans that are critical of the team, such as myself, and the type of Steeler fans that want to bench a player or fire a coach everytime we lose.

Those fans who have been saying "Fire Arians", "Cut and/or bench Anthony Smith" and "Bench Keisel" are the classic "sky is falling" Steelers fans. Usually, those fans dont know much about football, and are just looking for someone to blame even though they have no clue.

People may take issue with my opinon, but its true. There are plenty on here. There are alot of really good posters on here as well, so dont think I am calling out everyone. But that is why I hate "ALL STEELER FANS" message boards, because you usually cross alot of these types of fans.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I'm a the Sky is Blue fan. Even though today it is black and blue from me punching it.

And

We do have 5 rings fan, so, unless the 9ers or Cowboys win it all this year, I'm still secretly happy...

But I hate when our players, underachieve or when the team doesn't play a complete game...it makes me nuts.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote