Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-18-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
Default Depressing times in Steeler Land.

The Steelers are imploding. It's right there in front of our faces. One week after getting passed on in New England, Jacksonville embarrassed them on the ground Sunday.

Not too long ago, this team had a sizable 2-3 game lead in the AFC North. It's gone. It's gotten so bad that Cleveland actually has a shot to win the division now. All it takes is one more Steeler choke job. Pittsburgh is faltering and Cleveland is coasting. At this rate, This team might not even make the playoffs, let alone win the division. Even more embarrassing was the home crowd.

I have a tiny bit of faith left, but I'm having severe problems drumming up confidence that this team could beat the lowly Rams on Thursday. We have already seen how this team plays on the road. Especially against bad teams.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,104 Posts
Default Re: Depressing times in Steeler Land.

Hopefully the jacksonville game was a wake up call and we start playing some ball these last two games.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #3
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

There is no point to this thread. It's been said a billion times, steelers suck, they won't make the playoffs, they won't beat the rams, the browns are soo good..

The browns suck #1. They wont win their last two by a long shot. In fact I'm pretty sure they will lose to both Cincinnati and San Francisco. The browns are a fraud..ok over..

#2, the Steelers played awful the past two weeks. However, their offense hasn't been stopped. We can run, we can pass. It is only a matter of time before we throw 40 up on the board, and I think it will be thursday.

#3, once the Steelers get into the playoffs, anything can and will happen. It's a new season and a new beginning. That is when we return to dominance.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

This team is only dissapointing to those who had higher expectations than was deserved.

New coach...New Line...New playbook...

I personally have enjoyed the season and the fact that we will probably win the Division shows that this team OVERCAME some pretty substantial obstacles.

I'm not depressed at all....BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
This team is only dissapointing to those who had higher expectations than was deserved.

I personally have enjoyed the season and the fact that we will probably win the Division shows that this team OVERCAME some pretty substantial obstacles.

Yes agree - win the division and get a home playoff game. Never know what can happen from that point on ! I have liked many things I have seen this year from the Steelers. Need improvemnets of course, but after last year its nice to be talking play-offs again.
Just finish Strong boys.......
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
steel58
Water Boy

Member Number: 2732

I think the Steelers will make the playoffs, but it quite obvious they won't go very far without Aaron Smith. I must admit the play calling Jacksonville used was very efficient on 3rd and long when they needed it witht the draw plays without Hampton or Smith in, who would stop the run?
steel58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Steeldude
Living Legend

IMO, the steelers are in a bit of a rebuilding stage. as soon as the O-line is addressed they will need to address the D-line.

hopefully timmons and woodley are the answers at the LBer spots.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,269 Times in 1,288 Posts

When we make it to the playoffs, what more do you want? We could go all the way or be one and done. If we lose in the playoffs get ready for all the 'time to rebuild' threads.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

Hallelujah!!!

I believed the team could finish 11-5 or 10-6 and they still might, but beyond that, I had no expectations of them winning the AFCN (I picked Baltimore - LMAO!!), but probably getting in as a Wild Card. This is NOT the 2005 team, we have a rook HC and some very young and at times, over-exuberant players. We've had some significant injuries during stretch time which only adds to all of the other issues facing this team right now (lack of pass rush, deficient OL, bad ST's). Losing Aaron Smith at crunch time was HUGE, as the Jags proved. Our boys have faced a lot of adversity this season and great teams overcome those adversities. The Steelers, right now, hold their destiny in their hands (and feet).

Though I'd love to see them go all the way, I'm being honest here - I just don't see it happening this season, but , as we all well know, stranger things have happened in prior years.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Depression? No, depression was last year at this time and knowing we were not going to the play-offs.

This year we still have a shot to make the play-offs. Although we are not playing our best ball right now, I still find it difficult to be depressed.

Last edited by SteelerFanInCA; 12-19-2007 at 03:10 PM.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote