Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 AM   #11
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Timmons and Harrison (Silverback)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Steeler Soprano View Post
Who is this Timmons guy everyone is talking about????
Our first round draft pick.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #12
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourThreeMafia View Post
Why would get rid of or trade either?

Harrison will be 30 next year. Timmons will only be 22. Timmons is more of a project. He has great ability, but is still very raw.

We desperately need a better interior pass rush. I think Timmons could provide that if he moved inside. Harrison wouldnt be a good fit inside, so scratch that idea.
How about a 4-3?.....Harrison/Timmons on the outside...Farrior or Foote on the inside (drafting a young ILB to replace them).....Smith/Woodley at DE...and Hoke/Hampton at DT....

...Now THERE is some serious pash rush!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #13
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
How about a 4-3?.....Harrison/Timmons on the outside...Farrior or Foote on the inside (drafting a young ILB to replace them).....Smith/Woodley at DE...and Hoke/Hampton at DT....

...Now THERE is some serious pash rush!!!
what about Kiesel?????

We need to stop discussing Woodley at DE as a possibility ..... considering our current situation at DE, if Woodley was ever gonna contribute as a DE it would be now....Tomlin has came out and stated that he is a DE

As far as next season....it will be interesting.....we are gonna see quite a few changes in my opinion.....Farrior has played acceptable this season...and so has Foote but we did use our 1st two picks on LBs....

I think we are in for a very interesting off season
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #14
coachspeak33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
what about Kiesel?????

We need to stop discussing Woodley at DE as a possibility ..... considering our current situation at DE, if Woodley was ever gonna contribute as a DE it would be now....Tomlin has came out and stated that he is a DE

As far as next season....it will be interesting.....we are gonna see quite a few changes in my opinion.....Farrior has played acceptable this season...and so has Foote but we did use our 1st two picks on LBs....

NOT A DE.....my bad...
Old 12-19-2007, 07:36 AM   #15
Steeldude
Living Legend

i could be wrong, but i believe the RILB position is not as active in coverage as the LILB. moving harrison there shouldn't be a problem. his size shouldn't be a problem either. he is heavier than foote and an inch smaller in height. he is also a hell of a lot stronger and more aggressive than foote. harrison could be like bell when he had that strong season at RILB before he tapered off.

i say try both out to see who excels the most at each position.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:19 AM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
what about Kiesel?????

Actually in the 4-3 I was describing you would need a BOTH type of DE's...a stronger, larger pass rushing DE like Kiesel...and a faster pass rusher like Woodley....We could even put Smith inside with Hampton at DT due to his strength ...and because Kiesel is actually more athletically suited to play DE in a 4-3

Woodley is not suited to play 3-4 DE...since their main role is to tie up blockers...but in a 4-3 he could be a BEAST...like the Colt's Freeney.

Of course this is all "what if"...and there is probably a better chance that our LB corp in a couple of years will consist of Timmons/Woodley at OLB and a 2008 draft choice at ILB.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
coachspeak33
Banned

yeah the switch to the 4-3 will probably happen at some point....2008 seems a tad too early for me as we still have 3-4 personnel.

Harrison playing so well makes it difficult to get Woodley and Timmons playing time...a good problem to have, no doubt, but still an obstacle nonetheless

If timmons can play inside that would be nice....he would replace Farrior and then maybe you go to the 4-3 when Foote's time ends....pure speculation on my part.

It sucks to say this, but I feel like this team/organization has no identity right now.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
yeah the switch to the 4-3 will probably happen at some point....2008 seems a tad too early for me as we still have 3-4 personnel.

Harrison playing so well makes it difficult to get Woodley and Timmons playing time...a good problem to have, no doubt, but still an obstacle nonetheless

If timmons can play inside that would be nice....he would replace Farrior and then maybe you go to the 4-3 when Foote's time ends....pure speculation on my part.

It sucks to say this, but I feel like this team/organization has no identity right now.
Timmons moving inside is a possiblity and I hae wondered if it would happen myself...however, I have to remind myself that Harrison is 29, and this draft would be the perfect time to draft a young LBer so that we have three studs in ...say...3 years.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #19
Steeldude
Living Legend

i think kiesel should be a cap casualty. what does he really do for $4,072,500? i really don't see anything extraordinary out of him to justify the cap hit. i realize there has been some kiesel hype over the last two seasons, but again "why"? a person could say "we have a great run defense" that's why. well is he really the reason or genuine part of the reason for the run defense? or is he just an average DE filling a position?

perhaps if the steelers move to a 4-3 he would be more that salary. as of now i just don't see it in the 3-4. that's just my worthless take on it

keisel - $4,072,500 - if cut after 06/01 he will only cost $822,500 against the cap for a savings of $3,250,000.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #20
coachspeak33
Banned

I personally dont want to see Kiesel get cut....but along those same lines....

There are a number of candidates whom I could see benefitting the team by getting cut.

The problem is that most of the time the Front office doesnt bring in replacements that can perform at a sufficient level when they do bite the bullet and cut somebody

Usually we find replacements on our depth chart...Harrison, Foote, Hoke, Kiesel, etc are guys that have adequately replaced starters over the last couple of seasons

The guys behind Kiesel arent ready to contribute at his level...IMO

The guys we have went out and acquired through FA or other means have mostly been disappointments IMO...Mahan, Wilson, Staley....not exactly confidence inspiring

IMO we spend too much time on projects like N. Washington and I would even include a guy like W Colon (seems as if we have out-thought ourselves a bit w/ him....as I wouldnt classify him as a huge upgrade over Starks)