Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,137 Times in 2,827 Posts
Default Falcons Now Chasing Schottenheimer

I guess this is what happens when you already have neutered your current GM and have a coaching search being led by an owner whose core competency was selling hammers while watching 80s and 90s coaches on TV before he bought a team

Report: Falcons talking to Schottenheimer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22333434/

Having been burned by glib younger guys like Mora, Jr. and Petrino, I guess Blank recognizes hiring an old guy like the first guy he fired (Dan Reeves) may be more in his comfort zone.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Falcons Now Chasing Schottenheimer

What does it say when coaches that are known for disicipline want nothing to do with your team?

Cowher...
Tuna...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,137 Times in 2,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
What does it say when coaches that are known for disicipline want nothing to do with your team?

Cowher...
Tuna...
In Blank's defense, I really think Cowher's deal with his family is 2 years off to have an easy payday on something he surprisingly appears to enjoy doing & is doing well (subject to the Redskins or Giants job opening up) and Parcells is simply a weasel.

But I also think a strong coach is not going to put up with Blank being a Jerry Jones wannabe who goes down to the sidelines for the 4th quarter of games, schmoozes players directly in contract negotiations, and meets with the HC every week.

Blank needs to hire a good football CEO and turn over the keys to the car - living in Atlanta and watching the Falcons under the ownership of Rankin Smith and then Blank gives me an appreciation for the Rooneys that someone not exposed to a totally dysfunctional operation cannot have.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

What's next? Dennis Green?

I can see how their season would end....Falcons 2-14, Dennis Green: the falcons are who I thought they were!

Schottenheimer leading the falcons doesn't sound bad at all. that team needs immediate help any way possible, and Marty should provide that
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #5
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
What's next? Dennis Green?

I can see how their season would end....Falcons 2-14, Dennis Green: the falcons are who I thought they were!

Schottenheimer leading the falcons doesn't sound bad at all. that team needs immediate help any way possible, and Marty should provide that
lol.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
In Blank's defense, I really think Cowher's deal with his family is 2 years off to have an easy payday on something he surprisingly appears to enjoy doing & is doing well (subject to the Redskins or Giants job opening up) and Parcells is simply a weasel.

But I also think a strong coach is not going to put up with Blank being a Jerry Jones wannabe who goes down to the sidelines for the 4th quarter of games, schmoozes players directly in contract negotiations, and meets with the HC every week.

Blank needs to hire a good football CEO and turn over the keys to the car - living in Atlanta and watching the Falcons under the ownership of Rankin Smith and then Blank gives me an appreciation for the Rooneys that someone not exposed to a totally dysfunctional operation cannot have.
Hmmm... I can think of another guy that needs to do the same.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote