Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
dragtruk
Banned

Member Number: 6950
Default Football these days

What the F*ck is with football now? I'm forced to watch the MFing Pats because it's the only game on up here. Jesus H. Christ- evey time a Pats defensive player knocks down a pass, the Dolphins receiver pats him on the head or ass and laughs and talks to the guy. EXCUSE ME, BUT WTF?!? Where's the Nitsche's and Butkis' and Lamberts and Joe Greens anymore????? All I see is a bunch or millionaire punks straight out of college who don't give a rat's ass if they win or lose, as long as they get a paycheck. Where is the abject HATE for an opposing player that ruled the NFL back in the day?????? No wonder Miami is 1-60. They came into the game to lose. They are getting cheap shotted all over the place. Then they get up and pat the defender on the ass and tell him "NICE PLAY, MAN". I am hatin' the NFL right now. I just saw one of the Pats ST guys clothesline the kick returner, and no flag was thrown. Is this sh*t a setup like the WWF or what?!?
Now I can't watch a Thursday or Saturday game like I have been for almost 40 years without paying to get the NFL network. I'm sorry, but it will be a COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN I HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH AN NFL GAME. I swear to F*cking hell, this sh*t is getting more like professional wrestling every day.
dragtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Football these days

Contracts and the all powerful dollar.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragtruk View Post
COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN I HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH AN NFL GAME.
You don't watch ESPN's Monday Night football?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
dragtruk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
You don't watch ESPN's Monday Night football?
Not as long as that dillhole Kornheiser is commentating. Besides, that is under "basic cable", Do I now have to pay MORE just to watch the NFL network? What the hell does it do for me from February to September? Those cable bastards suck the life out of me now. So I have to pay extra to watch football a couple times a year+ a bunch of channels I don't care for in the first place? Besides drag racing is on ESPN so I don't mind it that much+ it's not something I pay extra for.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
What the F*ck is with football now? I'm forced to watch the MFing Pats because it's the only game on up here.
so move.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Where is the abject HATE for an opposing player that ruled the NFL back in the day?????? No wonder Miami is 1-60. They came into the game to lose. They are getting cheap shotted all over the place. Then they get up and pat the defender on the ass and tell him "NICE PLAY, MAN". I am hatin' the NFL right now.
Quote:
I just saw one of the Pats ST guys clothesline the kick returner, and no flag was thrown. Is this sh*t a setup like the WWF or what?!?
So which is it? Do you want a "hate" filled, no holds barred league or a powderpuff league where flags are thrown for rough hits?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
dragtruk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
So which is it? Do you want a "hate" filled, no holds barred league or a powderpuff league where flags are thrown for rough hits?
What I want is for someone to actually HIT the Pats. The Patriots are doing all the hitting, and sustaining NO damage (compared to other teams). I had no problem with Rodney Harrison's hit on the Miami receiver, but I do have a problem with dirty hits (possibly career ending hits) not being called. I thought, being the intellectual you claim to be, you'd know the difference. But I guess I have to explain the obvious.

It's a rare occasion that I see a Patriots receiver leveled. More than once I've seen Moss not covered, and wide open (even in the Steelers game). How is it that a receiver of his stature is completely NOT COVERED? Granted, he's good, but not that good as to be ignored in coverage. Some things I see in football nowadays, makes me think it might be faked. In the past 2-3 years I've seen more games end in a tie and go into OT than I have in my entire life.(and I've been watching since 1967).
Dare I risk saying it, but even SBXL. I love the Steelers, but it is a huge coincidence that Bettis and Cowher were retiring, they beat every team in their own houses throughout the playoffs, and then played a Superbowl in Detroit, in Bettis' home town, and won. I'm not trying to discount the Steelers win, by any means, but football has gotten weird in the past 5 years. NFL network??? What are they setting us up for here? I'd bet Pay per view of important games is next. Can you imagine the 70 million viewers for the Pats-Steelers game all paying $25 a wack to watch. It's f*cking Wrestlmania all over again.
Hell, if they can't get wrestlers to say it's fake, how the hell are they going to get a football player (who makes 10 times what the average wrestler makes) to say it's fake? I love football, but I have my suspicions.
Oh, and MOP, I am moving in 6 months. Read some of my posts and you'll understand why I hate it in New England so much. But it is easy for someone to just say "So move, if you don't like it." Move this!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I have to agree with you dragtruk - it seems that the NFL has a lot of consistent inconsistency over the last few years. And I, too, wonder what is next? Is belicheat going to give brady a chair to hit the blitzing LB over the head before he launches a 60 yard bomb to moss?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
dragtruk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I have to agree with you dragtruk - it seems that the NFL has a lot of consistent inconsistency over the last few years. And I, too, wonder what is next? Is belicheat going to give brady a chair to hit the blitzing LB over the head before he launches a 60 yard bomb to moss?
I'm glad you see my point. I've been watching football for 40 years now. I don't care what anyone says, it's not the same. Christ, how many times do you see these guys laughing and talking amongst themselves in between plays? That sh*t NEVER used to happen.

I think Kraft has one of the largest NFL markets in the country. New England encompasses a HUGE fan base. They had Millions at their Superbowl parades. He just built a new mall around the stadium (of which I had to be a part, unfortunately, being an ironworker, and all), and he holds up all the locals who own property in Foxboro and allow people to park on said property. His argument is that since he has to hire the state police to enforce the area, he should get a piece of all of these people's profits. 25%. $40 bucks to park, and Kraft made sure the town made these guys give $10 a car to him.
I honestly think Kraft has a large investment in NFL network, and they will give him his winning team. Notice how all of a sudden Patriots games are getting closer, instead of blowouts? People were watching other things instead of watching a blowout. Advertisers bitch, and all of a sudden Patriots scores are closer than ever.
It's Bullsh*t.
I love football and all, but something's fishy.