Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,029 Times in 386 Posts
Default Re: Patriots' Historic Game to Be Available to All of America, After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Actually it's Washington, DC.
That's cool, Matt - going to tour any of the monuments while you're there?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,159 Times in 1,931 Posts
Default Re: Patriots' Historic Game to Be Available to All of America, After All

The cheats greatness could not possible be contained on one channel.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

FOX must be really happy kraft is pulling strings for his CBS buddy.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/n...00010000000001

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who had urged cable and NFL executives to settle the dispute, had a much more positive reaction to the league's announcement.

"I couldn't be more thrilled that as the Patriots rush toward an historic undefeated season, football fans everywhere have won a victory of their own," Kerry said. "With today's announcement, the NFL showed their loyalty to the sports fans who made the NFL an empire in the first place.

"The best news of all is that now no die-hard Pats fans will be shut out from watching their team take aim at football history," Kerry said in a statement.
Is he nuts? Outside of Pats and Giants fans - who the fook cares?

Maybe this will all backfire in the Cheatsies faces. The Giants want to look good, I'm sure, in front of a worldwide audience.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #25
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

As I said in another thread, I'd rather have oral surgery without any anesthetic than watch one single nanosecond of a Pats game. Other than the Steelers, I have not watched any of their games since they played the Colts, and will not be watching on Saturday night, any of their playoff games or the Super Bowl if they make it. Screw them. I hope their ratings tank.

Thank God the Pens are playing the Sabres on Saturday night, so I'll have something to watch. I'll even tune into the Penn State game afterward, even though I can't stand them either. Still preferable to watching the NFL's butt buddies.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #26
BAS
Water Boy

Member Number: 2412

Maybe the Giants will come up big and the whole nation will be fortunate to see the Pats lose on Saturday night.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,029 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
But lawmakers have pressured the NFL to ensure more viewers could see the game. Last week, two prominent members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Goodell threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., who co-wrote the letter with Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he was "delighted" by the NFL's concession.

"I think it was a smart move on their part," he said in a phone interview.
Nice to see Congress so hard at work on the most important issues to us all. Jackasses.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #28
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Nice to see Congress so hard at work on the most important issues to us all. Jackasses.
congress is full of scum bags too.. gotta help out your own kind.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #29
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I hope fans outside the Northeastern U.S don't watch just to spite them. F Boston and F the Cheatriots. If there is a God, those pricks don't sniff the Super Bowl and someone, ANYONE. Knocks them off in the playoffs.

I just read ths today in a my paper and almost wanted me to burn it in a fire. This is horrible.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #30
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No kidding.... nice to see our tax dollars are spent to assure that the lousy cheating Patsies can be seen by all of their 'fans' ---- since they've all of the sudden got a following over the last 5 years.....

And who the hell cares about a 16 game tainted winning record? If those a-holes weren't caught red handed cheating it MIGHT be different ... although, I'd still not like the Pats, at least there wouldn't be a need to put a big asterisk next to their record...

Freakin' ridiculous....