Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Townsend, Haggans might play Sunday

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_386295.html

Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend said he'll "most definitely" play Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. And linebacker Clark Haggans said he'd be "happy" to play.
Both were upgraded on the injury report following Thursday's practice on the South Side. Townsend went from doubtful to questionable with a groin injury, while Haggans went from being out (according to the original report) to doubtful.

Also, cornerback Ricardo Colclough (shoulder) jumped from doubtful (25 percent chance of playing) to questionable (50-50), guard Alan Faneca (toe) went from questionable to probable (75 percent chance) and defensive end Aaron Smith (back) jumped from questionable to probable, as well.

Wide receiver Hines Ward (hamstring) remained questionable, though he practiced some for the first time in more than week. Wideout Cedrick Wilson (wrist, questionable) also practiced, while wideout Antwaan Randle El (foot, questionable) could return today.

Cornerback Willie Williams, who aggravated a groin in practice Wednesday, missed yesterday's workout and is questionable, while tight end Jerame Tuman missed with the flu. He is probable.

As for Haggans, he had surgery on his groin Sept. 28, but appears to be making a speedy recovery. He's been running the past two weeks and went through his first full workout yesterday.

"They wanted to gauge where I was with my pads on," said Haggans, who's missed the past two games after injuring his groin in the waning moments of a 23-20 loss to New England on Sept. 25. "I feel I did a pretty good job today."

Haggans, who had 10 tackles, a sack and two forced fumbles vs. the Patriots, said he's pain-free and could play Sunday if needed. James Harrison has capably filled in for him the past two weeks, registering 13 tackles, a sack and an interception.

"I healed up well. They say some people heal faster than expected sometimes," said Haggans, who was expected to miss four games. "I spoke with the doctor in Philadelphia who did the surgery and he said, 'Do what you can.' He basically released me to go and practice and do what I can out on the field, as long as I'm pain-free. And it's been pain-free this whole week, and the latter part of last week. So, I'm just trying to heal up and get better every day, day in and day out."

Haggans is not the only Steelers player to make drastic improvements in recent days. On Tuesday, coach Bill Cowher said it didn't look like Townsend was going to play, but the latter moved well at practice and expects to play, even if he doesn't start.

"I felt fine (Wednesday)," Townsend said. "I actually told (trainer John) Norwig, 'Don't count me out.' I felt like I was ready to play."

Townsend is a marked man in the eyes of Bengals star receiver Chad Johnson, who has Townsend's name on a checklist of cornerbacks he plans to beat this season. A day earlier, Johnson was disappointed to hear Townsend might not play.

"I'll be out there," Townsend said.

Asked if Johnson is on his checklist, Townsend grinned.

"No, but I have some Pepto," he said, referring to the Pepto Bismol Johnson sent to the Cleveland Brown prior to a game last season, signaling he planned to make the Browns sick.

Townsend re-iterated that fellow starting corner Ike Taylor will shadow Johnson on Sunday.

"Ike will be ready," he said.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Townsend, Haggans might play Sunday

This is good news... especially since Willie is now on the injury report..if Deshea can play a somewhat prominent role that will help alot. McFadden's gotta learn sometime though, and w/ the way our secondary is injured so far this year, its coming and he's gotta be ready for the challenge.

Im looking forward to having Haggans back as well..he's underrated to say the least, and having some more depth at LB can only help. I love Harrison, the guy is awesome, but the more healthy bodies we have the better.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend
 
Koopa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Coast Born, That Mean I'm Texas Raised
Posts: 3,439
Gender: Male
Member Number: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Townsend, Haggans might play Sunday

yeah i'm glad to hear we are kinda getting healthy, hopefully haggans will sit another game or two cause i don't want him to rush back to soon. and i really hope hines will go sunday, we gonna need him and he didn't look like he enjoyed being on the sideline last week so i'm sure he's gonna beg and pled to play
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Townsend, Haggans might play Sunday

Hines is improving which is a good sign....so we're headed in the right direction...I'd imagine he wont be in on every play if he's in the lineup, but even Hines in spot duty makes us better off than not having him at all.

Secondary is main concern..what started out the year w/ all kinds of depth is now being tested with that depth.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts