Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Baltimorons Throwing In the Towel

SteelSurf asked me to post this quite amusing article on his behalf. Looks like M & T will be a sea of black and gold this Sunday afternoon!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ge=1&track=rss

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,344 Times in 617 Posts
Default Re: Baltimorons Throwing In the Towel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
SteelSurf asked me to post this quite amusing article on his behalf. Looks like M & T will be a sea of black and gold this Sunday afternoon!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ge=1&track=rss
I'm on another B-More MB and they've all but given up on the Ravens. I told them who wasn't starting and the first question I got was, "What about James Harrison."

They're afraid of #92 and like Warren Sapp says about sacking the QB: "It's Hilarious."
Old 12-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,153 Posts

so bart's predicting a lose ???

Quote:
Bart Scott said. "We have some of the best fans in the world. You don't want to see a lot of Steelers fans out there, but I can understand. Nobody wants to sit out there and freeze their butt off when they already have an idea of how the outcome is going to come."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so bart's predicting a lose ???
Haha, yeah! He's already figured they'd get their asses handed to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
rpv
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3308

READING ALL THE COMMENTS AT THE END OF THE FIRST PAGEOF THE ARTICLE FROM THE RAVENS FANBASE MADE ME LAUGH MY HEART OUT. IT MAKES FOR SOME GREAT READING
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Talking Re: Baltimorons Throwing In the Towel

baltimoresun.com

Some Ravens fans throwing in towel
Fed-up Baltimore supporters may open door to Steelers invasion

By Jamison Hensley

Sun Reporter

December 28, 2007

In a season where nothing has seemed to go right, the Ravens' final home game might not even be a true home game.

Thousands of disgruntled Ravens fans are selling their tickets to the usually hated Steelers Nation, which could make M&T Bank Stadium look like Heinz Field on Sunday.

Some fans are upset about the nine-game losing streak. Some are upset with coach Brian Billick. And some are upset with just about everything linked to the most disappointing season in Ravens history.

This has led loyal Ravens fans to give up their tickets to their most dreaded rivals, causing a surge in tickets being put up for sale on Internet auction sites. By Sunday, waves of black-and-gold jerseys could change the downtown landscape, with fans waving their Terrible Towels while downing Iron City Beer.

"I am looking forward to 30 to 40 percent being Steelers fans," said Ed McConnell, 60, a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Club of Maryland.

Traditionally, Steelers fans have made the four-hour drive from Western Pennsylvania to buy between 3,000 and 5,000 tickets at Baltimore's 71,008-seat stadium.

But the combination of the Ravens' struggles and the Steelers' success could translate to the best showing ever by Pittsburgh fans. There is a chance that as many as 20,000 from the Steel City will watch their AFC North champions close out the regular season against the downtrodden Ravens.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Club of Maryland, whose Web site's banner reads "Baltiburgh," is hosting an all-day rally tomorrow at a Pasadena bar with appearances by former Steelers players.

Steelers fans are being allowed to infiltrate M&T Bank Stadium because of disheartened fans such as William Price, a season-ticket holder since the Ravens' inaugural season in 1996.

Price, 45, a program manager from Leesburg, Va., who grew up in the Baltimore area, is trying to get double the face value on two tickets by selling them on StubHub.

"This season has been particularly embarrassing for the franchise," Price said. "It all started with the six turnovers in Cincinnati, and then to lose to Miami ... we haven't been ready to play, and that's the coach's responsibility. I appreciate Brian Billick for winning a Super Bowl, but I don't think he's the guy to get us there again."

Selling tickets to opposing fans is not a problem isolated to Baltimore.

Just this week, many New York Giants fans were hawking their tickets to New England Patriots fans who want to see their team try to finish a perfect regular season.

But Price said this is more of a way to protest than profit.

"We are all grateful for having a team, but I think we deserve a better product than what's been presented," he said. "It seems like everybody except the owner knows we need a new coach."

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs considers the fans who sell tickets traitors.

"That's a slap in the face," he said. "We still belong to the city of Baltimore. We don't belong to Pittsburgh. If they're selling their tickets to Steelers fans, maybe they should be Steelers fans. I don't know what to say to that."

When trying to predict Sunday's atmosphere, the Ravens' locker room is split.

There are some optimistic players who think Ravens fans will clearly outnumber those of the Steelers.

"I'm not even going to think about it because I know our fans will come out in multitudes," wide receiver Derrick Mason said. "They've supported us through it all, regardless of who we have played. They've gotten on our backs in the end, but our fans have supported us through this trying season. So I see it being the same."

To try to keep the home-field advantage, Mason offered some advice.

"So all you Ravens fans, if Pittsburgh fans ask you for tickets, say no. Say you don't have anymore. Say we're all sold out," he said. "They're going to have their fans, obviously, but our fans outweigh their fans."

If there is a heavy confluence of Steelers fans, it wouldn't anger some Ravens players.

"We haven't given the team and the fans what they deserve, which is high-quality football on a consistent basis," linebacker Bart Scott said. "We have some of the best fans in the world. You don't want to see a lot of Steelers fans out there, but I can understand. Nobody wants to sit out there and freeze their butt off when they already have an idea of how the outcome is going to come."

Billick, who told fans selling their tickets two years ago to get a premium price, wanted to stay out of the discussion this time.

"I'm past trying to figure out when [Steelers fans] come, when they don't come," Billick said. "They didn't come much last year. I don't know whether it was because they couldn't get tickets or they weren't interested."

Baltimore isn't the only NFL city that Steelers fans crash.

One of the most hard-core football followings in the nation, Steelers fans began showing up at road games by the thousands in the 1990s.

One theory is that the closing of the steel mills in Pittsburgh two decades ago caused a migration of Steelers fans across the country. That meant whenever the Steelers would visit that city, they would already have a built-in fan base.

Others believe the Steelers' Super Bowl success in the 1970s created a large national bandwagon, especially among teenagers. Now, those fans are in their 40s and 50s and are spending their income to cheer on the Steelers.

"Everywhere we go, there's always a ton of Steelers fans," said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is unlikely to play Sunday. "Last week [in St. Louis against the Rams], it felt like a home game. And so it feels good to have the support."

That's why it wouldn't surprise many Ravens players to have a home-field disadvantage Sunday.

"This is an expensive ticket over a course of the season," kicker Matt Stover said. "I appreciate our fans and understand why they would do that. But then again, I wouldn't."

jamison.hensley@baltsun.com

Sun reporter Edward Lee contributed to this article.

Very laughable!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs considers the fans who sell tickets traitors.

"That's a slap in the face," he said. "We still belong to the city of Baltimore. We don't belong to Pittsburgh. If they're selling their tickets to Steelers fans, maybe they should be Steelers fans. I don't know what to say to that."
Terrell Sucks needs to STFU.

that bastard cant tell me he wouldnt be the 1st to bolt for the patriots, if they offered him twice the amount of $$$ as baltimore, when his contract is up.

money talks, and bullshit walks.

and right now the money is talking to the fans with tickets, and the ravens are nothing but shit.

perhaps suggs should look in the mirror before he judges the hard working people (who afford him a lavish lifestyle that can include murdering people and getting off [bart] scott free) who dont wanna overpay for the pure crap the ravens have been delivering.

not like i give a crap about baltimore, their team, or fans but neither does Teresa Suggs. the only way to make him care is to lock him in with either cash or fame.

they say a team takes on the personallity of their coach, which makes suggs arrogant and ****y accusations of the fans being "traitors" not suprising.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I should talk to my family about going to the game. I'll be in the area this weekend. lol.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I should talk to my family about going to the game. I'll be in the area this weekend. lol.
....be careful. lol
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

What's the big deal? Did anyone expect these ex-Redskins fans to somehow become true and loyal Ravens fans? Baltimore is the tackiest and wackiest city in the US. Expecting some kind of consistency or loyalty out of those kooks is insane.