Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Add Clark Judge....

...to my "Idiot Columnist" list.

In an article written on Dec 18th, about pro-bowl invitees and pro-bowl snubs, Judge stated...

Quote:
....Oh, and one more thing: You have to look hard for Browns and New York Giants, too, and the only complaint I have there is ... Derek Anderson? Are you kidding me? All the guy's done is given the Browns' offense something it hasn't had in years -- a pulse -- and he pulled it off with cool, efficient play and 26 touchdowns.

Tight end Kellen Winslow was deserving, too, but he wasn't going to push San Diego's Antonio Gates and Kansas City's Tony Gonzalez off the club. But I could see Anderson pushing Ben Roethlisberger.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Gee, lets look at the Stats:

Rothlisberger QB rating: 104.1 (ranked #2)
Anderson QB rating: 82.7 (ranked #18)

Rothlisberger TD's: 32
Anderson TD's: 28

Rothlisberger INT's: 11
Anderson INT's: 18

NUFF SAID!!!!

The entire idiotic article can be read at http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10535791
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Add Clark Judge....

What a bonehead. Maybe Ben swore at his kid and refused to give him an autograph.

Yes - Anderson had a good season and was one of the major reasons why the Browns had a winning season, but Ben had what most would call a GREAT season and put him in the elite QB category for the first time in his career. Anderson isn't there yet.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Let's toss the stats aside and look at the players. Stats can be team-dependent, after all.

Anderson has a tendency to get rattled and then throws the ball all over the yard off his back foot. He is still young, and he has played with guts and bravado, but he's not a pro bowl caliber player yet. The biggest part of his story is that the Browns sucked last year and they're average this year. I applaud the guy for what he's done, but I think we're overstating the case by calling "PRO BOWL" next to his name. If Anderson, then why not Kitna, too?

Roethlisberger has come of age and silenced his critics, and has excelled in a year where he has taken more sacks per attempt than any other QB in the league. The fact that he has put up those numbers in the face of such pressure makes his accomplishment that much more remarkable. The guy is maturing into a top tier player. Of the big 3 from that year, Roethlisberger is the only one who has really progressed and developed, and he deserves recognition.

If the Steelers had the Browns' O-line, we'd be 15-0 right now and the Pats would be 14-1. If the Browns had the Steelers' O-line, they'd be 3-12. I'd put the Browns' O-line in the Pro Bowl before I'd put in Anderson.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,684 Times in 2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Let's toss the stats aside and look at the players. Stats can be team-dependent, after all.

Anderson has a tendency to get rattled and then throws the ball all over the yard off his back foot. He is still young, and he has played with guts and bravado, but he's not a pro bowl caliber player yet. The biggest part of his story is that the Browns sucked last year and they're average this year. I applaud the guy for what he's done, but I think we're overstating the case by calling "PRO BOWL" next to his name. If Anderson, then why not Kitna, too?

Roethlisberger has come of age and silenced his critics, and has excelled in a year where he has taken more sacks per attempt than any other QB in the league. The fact that he has put up those numbers in the face of such pressure makes his accomplishment that much more remarkable. The guy is maturing into a top tier player. Of the big 3 from that year, Roethlisberger is the only one who has really progressed and developed, and he deserves recognition.

If the Steelers had the Browns' O-line, we'd be 15-0 right now and the Pats would be 14-1. If the Browns had the Steelers' O-line, they'd be 3-12. I'd put the Browns' O-line in the Pro Bowl before I'd put in Anderson.
great points tom. judge is making it seem like ben going over anderson is as big of a snub as ogden going instead of joe thomas (who has doen everything to live up to being the #2 pick in the draft).
Old 12-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

^^^^What Tom said^^^^

I think Anderson has been sacked less than 20 times, and Ben has been sacked more than 50,and Ben STILL has better numbers.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Saw this in Dr. Z's Power Rankings:

Quote:
"Had a few scattered mailings from Cleveland complaining about Derek Anderson's exclusion from the Pro Bowl. He answered each one of them with his four picks Sunday, and usually these guys aren't that accommodating."
Glad there is some rationality about Anderson
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
...to my "Idiot Columnist" list.

In an article written on Dec 18th, about pro-bowl invitees and pro-bowl snubs, Judge stated...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Gee, lets look at the Stats:

Rothlisberger QB rating: 104.1 (ranked #2)
Anderson QB rating: 82.7 (ranked #18)

Rothlisberger TD's: 32
Anderson TD's: 28

Rothlisberger INT's: 11
Anderson INT's: 18

NUFF SAID!!!!

The entire idiotic article can be read at http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10535791
lets not forget completion %....
anderson 56.6
ben 65.3

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I can see where he is coming from though. I mean Ben had everything in front of him to have this type of season. If it wasn't for our defense beating and bruising frye, anderson would have never gotten his shot to pull the clowns out of oblivion - but he did get his shot and he did give their offense some umpf!!!!

And one more thing - IT'S ONLY THE PRO BOWL not the freakin' SUPER BOWL - are we going to be like the bungals this year after Ben gets PRO BOWL MVP or would we rather smile and laugh as we go for #6 (after knocking off the patriacheats) and Anderson gets PB MVP???

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

A player that throws 18 interceptions doesn't deserve a pro bowl.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote