Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Do we have to lose?

After seeing hideous history being made tonight, It just begs the question about our Steelers in the playoffs...

Do we have to lose? Must we?

"Our coach is a rookie, the Defense lost it's swagger, the O-Line is porous, Jacksonville is hot, Pittsburgh is cold, Steelers backed in, Can't beat the Pats, Can't stop Fred Taylor..."

That's the vibe I'm getting, not from the talking heads, but I've been hearing whispers of doubt. Our team is flawed and there are numerous issues, but are these flaws THAT fatal that the Steelers don't stand a chance in the playoffs? Is this year's playoff appearance all for not? No. It'll be tough, but we may as well try.

Mike Tomlin is a rookie coach, but I don't buy a reason why this team can't go all the way or at least deep in the playoffs. Why not?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,378 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: Do we have to lose?

The biggest obstacle I see for us, besides the horrible OL play, is that at times this team has seemed to lack a sense of urgency. That sense of urgency must be present in the playoffs, because if it isn't, it'll mean a 6-month vacation. Before anybody jumps Tomlin's ass for not going all the way should we get knocked out, please bear in mind that Cowher didn't get his first win in the playoffs until his third season as coach, and the Steelers qualified for the postseason in all of Cowher's first three years as HC. Food for thought.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
Steeldude
Living Legend

edman, any team can go all the way.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,411 Times in 2,367 Posts

Hmmmm...Maybe their saving some stuff for the playoffs that they haven't showed us yet. Ya know all the stuff they have on the books and have practiced but haven't used yet. LOL

As long as we can do a little damage in the playoffs I think it would be considered a productive first year.

Along with the AFCN title...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 AM   #5
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

One positive sign is the sense of urgency offensively seemed to be there against St. Louis.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
Steelerfan93
Water Boy

Member Number: 2546

yea I half to Agree we Seemed to Step it up on the OFfense in the Rams Game, I don't see the Jaguars Beating us in the playoffs and the Pats we can beat them again Remeber the Colts
Old 12-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

I finally watched the Jags game and u know what it wasnt as horrible of a game as I was led to believe by some of the posts. Granted the run D was horrible but I dont see our ends getting pushed around like that again. Offense linemen love slippery fields. That wont happen again.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

we do have a chance to go deep in the playoffs look what we did two years ago when we were underdogs superbowl victory.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,486 Times in 3,731 Posts

The Steelers now have lost 4 starters including 2 key players on the OL and DL + a Pro Bowl RB - even with the brilliance of Bruce Arians, if this current roster played a 16 game schedule I am not certain it would make the playoffs.

I of course will be rooting hard for the Steelers next weekend against Jax (no way the Chargers lose to the Raiders today) but the silver lining of a Jax win will be that IMO Jax can give the Pats a better game, especially if the weather is bad in Foxborough.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
chrismartin99
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The Steelers now have lost 4 starters including 2 key players on the OL and DL + a Pro Bowl RB - even with the brilliance of Bruce Arians, if this current roster played a 16 game schedule I am not certain it would make the playoffs.

I of course will be rooting hard for the Steelers next weekend against Jax (no way the Chargers lose to the Raiders today) but the silver lining of a Jax win will be that IMO Jax can give the Pats a better game, especially if the weather is bad in Foxborough.
Agreed. I'm just happy we got to the playoffs and we didn't have a suck year last 06'. If someone could guarantee me that the Pats would not win the Super Bowl if the Steelers lost in the playoffs, I'd gladly take the loss. It would be worth it to see Brady and his idiot coach walk off the field losers with no 4th ring. We still have a chance, just like everyone, but at this point I do not care at all who wins the sb, as long as it's not those cheating mother$*(&^%@#.

chrismartin99 is offline   Reply With Quote