Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Why bother

showing up today?

No reserves in on D and the Felons running through them at will...even no name RBs...where the h*ll is the pride?

Heaven help us if Ben gets hurt for any length of time because Batch is a waste...talk about a rubberband arm on that pick!!!

Why get off the bus? Better yet....why aren't the rookies and backups in there on defense, at least maybe they'd care.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
zoneblitz43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6120
Default Re: Why bother

I agree, what an awful performance. The Steelers are playing with no pride or effort. I don't even care about the playoffs, because I know we are one and done.
zoneblitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
zoneblitz43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6120
Default Steelers continue to embarrass themselves

I don't understand what has happened to this team. The defense has gone from the best defense in the league to a complete joke. The last few games have made us look like fools. I still love this team, and no matter what will cheer and root for them, but our problems go far beyond our o-line. I am so disappointed, and this team needs some serious rebuilding. Apparently Ben's performance is our only chance to win anymore.
zoneblitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Re: Steelers continue to embarrass themselves

My only question is how bad are Woodley and Timmons to not be playing major minutes in this fiasco???

After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Mark it down. Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew will run for another 200 yards next week. This team has no sense of pride, emotion, or physical swagger Steeler teams had in the past. It seems to me that only Ben has that competitive "hate to lose" edge, even when the Steelers were losing, he never gave up. This team quits.

Tomlin preaches violence, but it seems these guys don't get it. One and done in the playoffs. They're too beat up and their flame has gone out. The Steelers have frozen stiff at the worst possible time.

Props to Mike Tomlin for getting SOMETHING out of this team and winning a division title, but watching this team falter has been pretty miserable and frustrating to watch. The misery ends next week. Unless this team catches fire in a span of the next few days, I see no more reason to believe Dec. 16th will not repeat itself.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Default Re: Steelers continue to embarrass themselves

Yeah Our D has been mediocre at best over the last 4 weeks and downright pitiful in certain situations like Giving up 3rd and longs to Draws. They sit there and wait to be hit instead of attacking the ball....and if they do attack they miss the tackle or try to tackle guys like Taylor and Jackson High....a big no no.

Its down right disgusting watching them give up that many rushing yards.

I love my team with a passion but they are playing horrible on D, and there is no chance we will beat the Jags with that level of discipline.

Not to mention the penalties

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 12-30-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

There were cracks even before we lost Smith, like in the Jets game...but losing him has just blown the lid off it. They are so undisciplined in their gaps..how many times are you going to let a RB cutback on you.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
IamTheSteelGod
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1064
My Mood: Yeehaw

Another factor has been Polomalu, he has played shite the last two years since he got injured. Smith mayby a bit of a noob but atleast he has heart.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
rpv
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3308

I think it now shows having a rookie coach at the helm. THere is no passion with the players. They look unprepared at each game. The team that did not have a 100yrd rusher for >40games now has close to 3 200yrd rushers. It is depressing.

I dont think Tomlin is preparing this team well. It goes to show how they play down to the opposition.
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpv View Post
I think it now shows having a rookie coach at the helm. THere is no passion with the players. They look unprepared at each game. The team that did not have a 100yrd rusher for >40games now has close to 3 200yrd rushers. It is depressing.

I dont think Tomlin is preparing this team well. It goes to show how they play down to the opposition.
As opposed to last year, when the team was pretty much out of the hunt by Halloween with a lame duck veteran HC? Yeah, this year has been such a disappointment in comparison.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote