Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Busman
Water Boy

Member Number: 8037
Default Homestead

Homestead tonight looked a bit like a statue with an arm. The rub on Charlie still holds true today.. . He has almost no mobility..

Any Steeler fan should have noticed that he was sacked very little tonight with the same OL which protects Ben..

Lets discuss this annomaly

Busman
Old 12-31-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Homestead

bus, that's probably because batch stays in the pocket.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman View Post
Homestead tonight looked a bit like a statue with an arm. The rub on Charlie still holds true today.. . He has almost no mobility..

Any Steeler fan should have noticed that he was sacked very little tonight with the same OL which protects Ben..

Busman

Ben has been sacked alot this season no doubt about it... but he gets out of the pocket or tries to and tries to make plays on the run. Sometimes when he holds on to the ball too long and stays in the pocket too long then he gets sacked.

Last edited by HometownGal; 12-31-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comments.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
Steelerfan93
Water Boy

Member Number: 2546

well Yea and you must not of Watched the Hole Game Busman in the Second half We had a backup Offensesive line in So yea I guess our Back ups did better And Really batch Did not do that bad of a Job I just cant Understand why we went for everyting at the End of the game they should of Kept throwing to the Sidelines why throw a Bomb to Holmes when he is Hurt that was dumb But hey I wrather have Batch in their then Koredell Stewart or Tommy Maddox, come on now people You got to use your Brain to Batch has not played a game in since last Year so you got To Figure that into it, and shit If the OFfense line can Acctually Block like they Did last night BEn will be Fine
Old 12-31-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:

Busman
I am reading this as a shot to Big Ben. Ben needs to be a little quicker with the reads sure but this game cant be used to show the OL isnt at fault. Bmore had a lot of starters out also.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

Busman
Charlie has never been very mobile back there and though I am admittedly not on his fan club list, I have to give the guy his due. He went out there with virtually no playing time this season and tried to make plays. He did have some very bad throws but he also had a few nice passes dropped. I believe he did what was pretty much expected of him (other than the 2 picks). He may have had better protection by the line because several of the Rats' veteran defensive players were out, including Stabbit Ray.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote