Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #271
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

as anti-gosder cherilus i am, i am facing facts and realizing that its 100% possible he's there and a VERY good possibility we take him so here goes...

1) Gosder Cherilus RT BC (and RT only)
2) Charles Godfrey FS/CB IOWA
3) Kendall Langford DE (i'm praying he's here like everyone else)
4) Arman Shields WR Richmond (people have been overstating BR's comments about a big reciever for a while and it's getting a tad irritating... but shields is a hines ward clone and would be great in the slot next to ward and holmes (similar also to welker)...)
5) Mackenzy Bernadeau OG Bentley (will need time to develope but can start next year)
6) Vince Redd DE/OLB Liberty (perfect 3-4 rusher who stands 6'6 255 and runs 4.5 speed... top athleticism... has played DE and OLB... one problem with him is strength 13 reps of 225... i realize that's shet but with the NFL comes NFL strength and conditioning coaches..)

FA pickups:

Tony Pauline of SI.com said "Thaddeus Coleman, T, Mississippi Valley State is the best-kept secret at the offensive tackle position. He stands a shade under 6-8 yet has the athleticism and footwork necessary to protect the blind side. Coleman is fresh off meeting with the Minnesota Vikings and has a host of other squads who want to speak with him. (projected draft position 6,7,UDFA)
Old 04-20-2008, 06:21 AM   #272
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Deshea has been a great team man for a long while, what are the chances of him moving to FS as a backup in his last years. That would allow for a good CB to be taken and not a long shot at safety.
Godfrey played his first two years of college at FS...and was athletic and fast enough to move to CB...Most of what I hear is that given two years in a pro system ...he could be as good as any CB in this draft...and we would have the insurance of his being able to play FS in a pinch. (I wouldnt qualify him as a long shot)

I have heard rumor of moving Deshea to FS...but nothing definitive from the FO or Coaching Staff....If we go with a player like Tracy Porter...I would be happy to have Deshea compete eith Clark and Smith!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #273
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
as anti-gosder cherilus i am, i am facing facts and realizing that its 100% possible he's there and a VERY good possibility we take him so here goes...

1) Gosder Cherilus RT BC (and RT only)
2) Charles Godfrey FS/CB IOWA
3) Kendall Langford DE (i'm praying he's here like everyone else)
4) Arman Shields WR Richmond (people have been overstating BR's comments for awhile it's a little irritating... a hines ward clone...)
5) Mackenzy Bernadeau OG Bentley (will need time to develope but can start next year)
6) Vince Redd DE/OLB Liberty (perfect 3-4 rusher who stands 6'6 255 and runs 4.5 speed... top athleticism... has played DE and OLB... one problem with him is strength 13 reps of 225... i realize that's shet but with the NFL comes NFL strength and conditioning coaches..)

FA pickups:

Tony Pauline of SI.com said "Thaddeus Coleman, T, Mississippi Valley State is the best-kept secret at the offensive tackle position. He stands a shade under 6-8 yet has the athleticism and footwork necessary to protect the blind side. Coleman is fresh off meeting with the Minnesota Vikings and has a host of other squads who want to speak with him. (projected draft position 6,7,UDFA)
I like your Arman Shields pick....he had the highest verticle at the combine (37.5.)and ran a 4.37....and if we were to get him...it would have to be in the 4th...he will be gone by the end of the 5th round

I still think we may go with one of the following three:
Paul Hubbard, 6'3 .. 221lbs
Marcus Monk, 6'4...222 lbs
Ernie Wheelwright, 6'4...215lbs
Old 04-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #274
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I don't think that Ernie Wheelwright is to well know to most fan, but could be a draft day suprize, and a heak of a pickup.

I still like Monk.

I know you are leaning toward Hubbard.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #275
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
All right...here we go again, this is the final picks....(Langford still worries me as to whether he will be available in the third round)

1) OT Gosder Cherilus
2) CB/FS Charles Godfrey
3) DE Kendall Langford
4) WR Paul Hubbard
5) RB/FB Jerome Felton
6) OC Fernando Velasco
I am inclined to play it very safe after reading up on all the players that have been in for visits and I could seriously see this eventuating based on scouting and interviews.

1) RT Gosder Cherilus
2) DE Dre Moore
3) OLB Shawn Crable
4) WR Paul Hubbard
5) CB Orlando Scandrick
6) FB/RB Jerome Felton

UDFA's
FS Matt Slater (ST Returner /gunner) UCLA
OLB Bryan Smith McNeese State
OG Kerry Brown Appalachian State
RB Ryan Torain Arizona state
FB/TE Michael Peterson NW Missouri state

#If Antwaun Molden CB, Eastern Kentucky is still available early in the 4th I can see the FO trading up to get him before the browns use their first pick
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #276
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

We gave up a 7th rounder form Rossom.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #277
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,293 Times in 644 Posts

Quote:
I am inclined to play it very safe after reading up on all the players that have been in for visits and I could seriously see this eventuating based on scouting and interviews.

1) RT Gosder Cherilus
2) DE Dre Moore
3) OLB Shawn Crable
4) WR Paul Hubbard
5) CB Orlando Scandrick
6) FB/RB Jerome Felton

UDFA's
FS Matt Slater (ST Returner /gunner) UCLA
OLB Bryan Smith McNeese State
OG Kerry Brown Appalachian State
RB Ryan Torain Arizona state
FB/TE Michael Peterson NW Missouri state

#If Antwaun Molden CB, Eastern Kentucky is still available early in the 4th I can see the FO trading up to get him before the browns use their first pick

Gotta say I like how you are thinking and like LLT's as well....but as a Michigan fan I really would rather stay away from Crable. I dont think he will be productive in the NFL. Tall, lean, weak at the point of attack and his best asset is pass rush ability but will be handled by OT's as either a DE or 3-4 OLB. Classic good college player but not an NFL type guy. IMO.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #278
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Big ten fan all my life, and I agree with Gonzo about Crable.

Question for LLT. We are sitting at our 2nd round pick, both Moore and Langford are there, and we knew that we had to take one of them or miss on both of them. Who do you take?

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:18 AM   #279
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Big ten fan all my life, and I agree with Gonzo about Crable.

Question for LLT. We are sitting at our 2nd round pick, both Moore and Langford are there, and we knew that we had to take one of them or miss on both of them. Who do you take?
Win/Win situation.

Moore has a higher potential ceiling...but will there would be a learning curve from DT to DE and he would probably have to drop about 15 lbs for maximum ability.
All that being said...the wait would be worth having that type of athleticism and strength.

Langford is a proto-typical 3-4 DE...but his knock is going from smaller school competition to the NFL. He has the size/strength we are looking for and showed a mean streak at the senior bowl that impressed scouts.

Moore is stronger and actually more athletic...and may be the better DE of the two this time next year...so in the scenerio you suggest... if both are available... I would take Moore.

BUT....I think that Moore is gone by the end of the second....and Langford would be there for us...maybe even as late as our third pick. so realistically, it is probably more likely we would take Langford.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #280
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:

1) RT Gosder Cherilus
2) DE Dre Moore
3) OLB Shawn Crable
4) WR Paul Hubbard
5) CB Orlando Scandrick
6) FB/RB Jerome Felton
I like it Aussie....I wonder if the Steelers may go with Avril at OLB in the second...CB Tyvon Branch in the third.....(gotta love the possibilities!!!)