Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #21
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
how is silva so low? he's an all-american! although i love jamie as a player theres no way hes a 7th rounder UNLESS he runs a 4.7-4.8...

the rest of the draft is GREAT! although by picking up dansby is a huge question mark because y would the cards give up someone like him?
Nobody I've read so far thinks he can hang physically in the NFL. He's a special teamer and that's all.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Nobody I've read so far thinks he can hang physically in the NFL. He's a special teamer and that's all.
Really...show me the link.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Really...show me the link.
Why are you so hung up on this kid?
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Why are you so hung up on this kid?
Not hung up on the kid...just very interested in what sites you are getting this information from. Seems to be contrary to what I'm reading and I love to be well-rounded in my opinion,,,

So a link would be appreciated.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #25
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Not hung up on the kid...just very interested in what sites you are getting this information from. Seems to be contrary to what I'm reading and I love to be well-rounded in my opinion,,,

So a link would be appreciated.
Sorry, but I don't bookmark these sites and I'm not going to Google them.

Bottom line is that I think the kids plays on a second class team in a second class conference and I don't think he's talented enough to break the Steelers two deep at either safety spot. If he's being drafted with the idea of him being just a special teams player, well maybe that's OK. But I really doubt that he's going to come in and beat out either starter or either backup.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Sorry, but I don't bookmark these sites and I'm not going to Google them.

Bottom line is that I think the kids plays on a second class team in a second class conference and I don't think he's talented enough to break the Steelers two deep at either safety spot. If he's being drafted with the idea of him being just a special teams player, well maybe that's OK. But I really doubt that he's going to come in and beat out either starter or either backup.
sooooo...no link.

Are you sure we are talking about the same person?

Thorpe award finalist...First Team All American....Bowl MVP....Gridiron Award winner.....First Team ACC squad...

I have him as a 7th round pick based on where he is placed right now on draft sites...but I will make a bet with you this kid is gone by the 5th round and may go as soon as the 2nd.

Quote:
Silva's stock is on the rise and will only emerge during the offseason when he tests at the NFL Scouting ...He will ultimately be a late third- round selection http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/699262.html

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 01-01-2008 at 01:17 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #27
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
sooooo...no link.

Are you sure we are talking about the same person?

Thorpe award finalist...First Team All American....Bowl MVP....Gridiron Award winner.....First Team ACC squad...

I have him as a 7th round pick based on where he is placed right now on draft sites...but I will make a bet with you this kid is gone by the 5th round and may go as soon as the 2nd.
Yes...Jaime Silva safety for Boston College. Long shaggy hair...the last kid to get a schollie in his class. Same guy.

He's a tweener. Bob Sanders has shown little guys can play in defensive backfield in the NFL and do it well, but Silva is no Bob Sanders and we don't have a need for another safety. What we need is for the safties we have to play well.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #28
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Yes...Jaime Silva safety for Boston College. Long shaggy hair...the last kid to get a schollie in his class. Same guy.

He's a tweener. Bob Sanders has shown little guys can play in defensive backfield in the NFL and do it well, but Silva is no Bob Sanders and we don't have a need for another safety. What we need is for the safties we have to play well.

1) I'm still confused ...are you thinking that we can find a 7th round pick to START on our team?

2) Still not clear on why you think he doesnt have much talent...I havnt seen to many untalented all-americans who were finalists for the Thorpe award?

3) Since he is a Tweener..I'm taking it that you mean between a LB and a safety....so why the Bob Sanders comparison? Silva isnt a Sanders type player...He is 5-11 and 208 lbs

4) If our safeties are not playing well...why do we not have a need for a talented backup safety?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
1) I'm still confused ...are you thinking that we can find a 7th round pick to START on our team?

2) Still not clear on why you think he doesnt have much talent...I havnt seen to many untalented all-americans who were finalists for the Thorpe award?

3) If he is a Tweener..I'm taking iot that you mean between a LB and a safety....so why the Bob Sanders comparison? Silva isnt a Sanders type player...He is 5-11 and 208 lbs

4) If our safeties are not playing well...why do we not have a need for a talented backup safety?
1. He might start for the special teams....maybe.

2. I've seen Heisman Trophy winners go undrafted.

3. Tweener meaning between making it in the NFL and not making it in the NFL.

4. Because he's not talented.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
1. He might start for the special teams....maybe.
Which was my original statement

Quote:
2. I've seen Heisman Trophy winners go undrafted.
You do realize there is a difference bertween a Heisman winner and an All-American...right?

Quote:
3. Tweener meaning between making it in the NFL and not making it in the NFL.
Thats not the definition of tweener....and that doesnt answer the Bob Sanders comparison

Quote:
4. Because he's not talented.
Without links...I will have to suppose that your argument is based purely on your personal opinion?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts