Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #31
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Which was my original statement

So on that, we agree.

You do realize there is a difference bertween a Heisman winner and an All-American...right?

Yes, but All American doesn't mean you can play in the NFL. Ryan Leaf was an All American. Kurt Warner was stocking shelves and played in the AFL.

Thats not the definition of tweener....and that doesnt answer the Bob Sanders comparison

It's my definition of tweener. Silva doesnt have a prayer of playing linebacker in the NFL.

Without links...I will have to suppose that your argument is based purely on your personal opinion?

Yup. I almost never say a player is overrated. I'll say they might not be a good fit in Pittsburgh, but I usually leave the overrated/underrated stuff to the guys who get paid to make those decision. But this is one of those rare occasions where I will say that a player is overrated and I think he's overrated.
And there you have it. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #32
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

OK. I admit. I first tweaked to Dansby.... GASP... because of Madden football

However, I would love to have him on this team. He has the speed that we need as Steeler LB's. Since he played well as a Inside LB, and had eight sacks from that position.

Imagine this lineup...

LOLB Woodley
LILB Dansby
RILB Timmons (moved from an outside spot. The kid can cover... and stuff the run.
LOLB Harrison

I would LOVE that lineup, and would be willing to endure a defensive let down next year in order for this lineup to solidify, though I don't think that would happen.

Back this lineup with a year older (and smarter) A. Smith and a healthy Troy... Ike coming back with a good year this year... a good battle between Gay and B-mac for the other side... if they can beat out Townsend. Yeah, I think that would be a GREAT set of backers.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #33
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Imagine this lineup...

LOLB Woodley
LILB Dansby
RILB Timmons (moved from an outside spot. The kid can cover... and stuff the run.
LOLB Harrison

I would LOVE that lineup, and would be willing to endure a defensive let down next year in order for this lineup to solidify, though I don't think that would happen.

Back this lineup with a year older (and smarter) A. Smith and a healthy Troy... Ike coming back with a good year this year... a good battle between Gay and B-mac for the other side... if they can beat out Townsend. Yeah, I think that would be a GREAT set of backers.

I dont think you would see a defensive letdown. Dont forget Farrior and Foote and you have six linebackers that provides an awesome rotation and experience for the young guys to continue to learn from.

I dont think we have enough scope in the draft with our picks to truly upgrade everywhere so the FO is going to have to find one or two mid range players to strengthen the squad.

An addition like Dansby would allow the draft to be used to upgrade the O line, D line and secondary positions in the first 3-4 positions.

The one or two Free agents that are bought in will be the ones who make a difference for the next season. Just see the Mahan addition to see the effect Free agency has on team chemistry
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #34
zoneblitz43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6120

Quote:
I have taken over the Steelers computers and will be making the draft choices for the next year....

Round 1) OT Michael Oher-Ole Miss
Round 2) CB Dwight Lowery-San Jose State
Round 3) OG Drew Radovich-USC
Round 4) DE Kendall Langford-Hampton
Round 5) C Doug Legursky- Marshall
Round 6) (I believe this is the pick we gave up fro Rossum)
Round 7) S Jamie Silva-Boston College

FA pickups:
LB Carlos Dansby
OT Travelle Wharton
WR Justin Gage

Okay folks....what says the Steeler Nation?
Do I get the job permanantly?
Or should I keep the day job?
Very good draft picks. If our draft day went like this, I wouldn't be disappointed at all, although I would like to see Antoine Cason as a Steeler.
zoneblitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #35
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
I dont think you would see a defensive letdown. Dont forget Farrior and Foote and you have six linebackers that provides an awesome rotation and experience for the young guys to continue to learn from.

I dont think we have enough scope in the draft with our picks to truly upgrade everywhere so the FO is going to have to find one or two mid range players to strengthen the squad.

An addition like Dansby would allow the draft to be used to upgrade the O line, D line and secondary positions in the first 3-4 positions.

The one or two Free agents that are bought in will be the ones who make a difference for the next season. Just see the Mahan addition to see the effect Free agency has on team chemistry
I think Mahan could easily slide over. In doing so, he would be a good starter, and a great backup. If it works out, we have Mahan at LG, Starks (injured now, lower salary) at LT, We can get a solid center and someone to fight for positions at guard and tackle, either side... at least a first and third round pick plus a FA for all three.

With that Oline taken care of, and if we can pick up Dansby and give our young guys the chance to start... Can you think what we will be like? Heck, if there are still quality guys... I wouldn't mind taking a shot at a receiver in the second or third round (depending on what happens to the o line).
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #36
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
I have taken over the Steelers computers and will be making the draft choices for the next year....

Round 1) OT Michael Oher-Ole Miss
Round 2) CB Dwight Lowery-San Jose State
Round 3) OG Drew Radovich-USC
Round 4) DE Kendall Langford-Hampton
Round 5) C Doug Legursky- Marshall
Round 6) (I believe this is the pick we gave up fro Rossum)
Round 7) S Jamie Silva-Boston College

FA pickups:
LB Carlos Dansby
OT Travelle Wharton
WR Justin Gage

Okay folks....what says the Steeler Nation?
Do I get the job permanantly?
Or should I keep the day job?
i love it.... now im makin my own... see what you guys think...

1) OT Michael Oher (Ole Miss)
2) FS/CB Jonathan Hefney (Tennesse) [could be a replacement if smith or clark gets injured or just doesn't perform... also could play corner... and would be a ST beast]
3) OG Shannon Tevaga (UCLA)
4) OT King Dunlap (Auburn)
5) DE/OLB Bruce Davis (UCLA)
6) WR DeCody Fagg (FSU)
7) RB/FB Jacob Hester (LSU)

FA are just dansby...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #37
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

I think the OT's we grade for the first round will be gone by the time we pick. High Quality DE's (L. Jackson T. Jackson, C. Campbell) cornerbacks who can also return (Cason, Talib, McKelvin) or maybe even a superstar RB (Mendenhall, Stewart, Jones) will be around to take at the end of the first (not that we would take one). We will have to trade up to get one of the premier OT's (not likely with only six picks).

I am guessing an O line upgrade in the second just by the nature of what was on the board in the first. ( Cherilius, Richardson, Loadholt, WIlliams, McGlynn, Boone)

In the third a receiver like Hubbard, Burton, Nelson ( all over 6'1") would be ideal to add some height to the receiving corp. A centre like Justice or Pollack wouldnt surprise me though.

In my opinion dont see a great center for us in this years draft. Next years draft class looks loaded at centre with Mack, Luigs and Unger and where our future could lie. That means Simmons, Stapleton and draftee fighting for the starting spot. I can see a guard who can play centre (Felton - arkansas) or Tackle who can play guard ( Radovich) being taken in the 4th with maybe a true centre like Legursky (one for LLT), Velasco or Speiker being taken in the 7th.

I would like to see a strong RB like Ryan Torain, Jacob Hester or Cody Boyd being a possibility in the 5th.

Summary from my crystal ball I can see the picks going
Round 1 - DE or CB
Round 2 - OT
Round 3 - CB or DE or WR
Round 4 - OG/OC
Round 5 - RB
ROund 7 - OC

Just my opinions but I am keen to see how my views from down under are received.
Some guys I had my eyes on didnt inspire confidence in some of the bowl games I have seen this week. I am really keen to see how the guys I am watching work out now.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 AM   #38
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,704 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:

However, I would love to have him on this team. He has the speed that we need as Steeler LB's. Since he played well as a Inside LB, and had eight sacks from that position.

Imagine this lineup...

LOLB Woodley
LILB Dansby
LOLB Harrison

That looks good I would love to see that lineup.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #39
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Please....no more DE/OLB combos!
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #40
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:

Imagine this lineup...

LOLB Woodley
LILB Dansby
LOLB Harrison

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Dansby may very well end up being the cream of the crop in terms of linebackers during the next free agency period. He has excellent size and is coming into his own as a top level defensive player. He?s only 26 years old and has three consecutive seasons of 80 or more tackles, including this season in which he has totaled 95 tackles. He collected three interceptions in ?05, has collected three more this season, and had an impressive eight sacks in ?06. He has four forced fumbles and 3.5 sacks this season. Being young, strong, and talented should land him a large contract, and the Cardinals could be the team locking him up very soon.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote