Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default QB Controversy In Cleveland?

We know the Ravens + Bengals are in chaos, but if Anderson stays it looks like the Browns will be another team in turmoil:

Needing to fill other holes, especially on a defense that struggled with injuries all season, the Browns may be willing to part with Anderson. They'll listen to offers.

"If anybody is interested in him, we'll just have to see how it goes," Browns head coach Romeo Crennel said. "Sometimes people can make you an offer and you can say, 'No, I think I'm going to stay with what I got.' Sometimes they make you an offer and you say, 'Oooohhh."'

If a small sampling of Cleveland's locker room is any indication, the Browns are divided.

"I don't believe there's a quarterback controversy," wide receiver Joe Jurevicius said. "I don't buy into that. I just think Derek Anderson's our man."

A few feet away, tight end Kellen Winslow seemed to side with Quinn.

"We drafted the guy," he said. "He's probably going to play. Derek's a great guy, but that's just the way this business works."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176068

Either Anderson or Romeo is leaving - hard to see Anderson and Crennel having much rapport after that vote of confidence

As for Winslow, i cannot tell if he is taking a shot at Anderson or Quinn with that quote
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: QB Controversy In Cleveland?

Quinn's contract is such that he can be a backup and they're being hurt that badly.

As far as Winslow goes, he'll talk himself out of Cleveland pretty soon. You can take that to the bank.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Quinn's contract is such that he can be a backup and they're being hurt that badly.
That is true. But I think Quinn is a better QB and will win the starting job. I think Anderson is overrated. Having a good power running game, a very good offensive line, a top notch WR and TE makes the QBs job a lot easier.

Anderson is not that accurate of a passer and Quinn is. But who cares? F the Clowns
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
That is true. But I think Quinn is a better QB and will win the starting job. I think Anderson is overrated. Having a good power running game, a very good offensive line, a top notch WR and TE makes the QBs job a lot easier.

Anderson is not that accurate of a passer and Quinn is. But who cares? F the Clowns
My point was that there's no need to push Quinn because of contract issues. Personally I think anyone who Soulja Boy is pushing to become the starting QB is probably a real POS.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

If I am in charge of that team, Qunn is my starter beginning now. I think Anderson is a one year wonder (Not that Quinn will be anything speacil) and I let him go. If they would rather go with Anderson, they should get something out of Quinn while they still can. Trade him to Miami or somewhere like wise...
Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Well over the months Anderson def. proved himself as the starting QB for years to come, but since missing the playoffs(no surprise) om sure Romeo C. has taken thought toward the starting QB with Anderson struggling the last few weeks of the season which ultimately cost them a playoff spot.
I would not be surprised if everyone saw Brady Quinn become the starting QB for the Brownies next season!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
If I am in charge of that team, Qunn is my starter beginning now. I think Anderson is a one year wonder (Not that Quinn will be anything speacil) and I let him go. If they would rather go with Anderson, they should get something out of Quinn while they still can. Trade him to Miami or somewhere like wise...
you want to ruin Anderson's career already?

The browns should do the smart thing(browns smart, lol), go with the guy they drafted for the future, not a guy that may be the result of a good o line and great receivers.

I'm not saying Derek is bad, but they got Quinn for a reason, so use him. just my 2 cents
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

tough decision for the browns.. but i have faith that they will end up making the wrong decision.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #9
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
tough decision for the browns.. but i have faith that they will end up making the wrong decision.

I'd go with Brady Quinn. He's more accurate.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Brady Quinn, as much as I hate to say it, is going to be the real deal. He carried a shitty ND program on his back. He's had his year of seasoning, and next year will be his year. This Browns FO stuff is all smoke. They'll shop Anderson for everything they can get, and all this "controversy" only serves to exaggerate his stock.