Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #11
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: How important is this game?

It is a must win.
and think!
McFadden might be starting at cornerback
He wants to be like the "train"
Sunday could be his chance........
Old 10-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #12
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I think its a must win. After last week the Steelers want to shake that disappointing performance. I think they will.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:34 AM   #13
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I think we need to take Johnson out of his game. I think leaving Troy back (I am pretty sure our d-line can handle the running game) in coverage in the first Q maybe even the half, to lay some big hits on CJ should do that. Once CJ is off his game then more pressure can be put on Palmer with Troy cheating up every now and again should make him make some mistakes. I am worried about our coverage with so many injuries though and hope it does not turn into a shootout. It should be a good game, and our QB pressure needs to step up and hurry Palmer.
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #14
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

The upcoming difficult games for the Bungles are: pittsburgh, Colts 11/20, Pitts 12/4, Buffalo 12/24 and KC 1/1. I think they can probably beat the bills, lose to colts and its give or take with KC, but I am guessing a loss for Cincy. So if we lose this week you can figure and win the 12/4 they will most likely have 4 losses, maybe only 3 so we would need to win out, if we lose this weekend, to have a chance at the AFCN title. Our schedule gets decidedly easier with only the Colts and Cincy to really worry about. (yeah I know "any given sunday" but based on how the teams are playing). Based on those general observations, this in not a Do or Die game for us. We would at least need to split the games. Then it would be a tie breaker for the division. Of course if we win, we are sitting pretty considering schedules. I think I have too much time to think . . .
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,209 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
The upcoming difficult games for the Bungles are: pittsburgh, Colts 11/20, Pitts 12/4, Buffalo 12/24 and KC 1/1. I think they can probably beat the bills, lose to colts and its give or take with KC, but I am guessing a loss for Cincy. So if we lose this week you can figure and win the 12/4 they will most likely have 4 losses, maybe only 3 so we would need to win out, if we lose this weekend, to have a chance at the AFCN title. Our schedule gets decidedly easier with only the Colts and Cincy to really worry about. (yeah I know "any given sunday" but based on how the teams are playing). Based on those general observations, this in not a Do or Die game for us. We would at least need to split the games. Then it would be a tie breaker for the division. Of course if we win, we are sitting pretty considering schedules. I think I have too much time to think . . .
thats a good analysis. 10-6 may not be good enough for a wild card spot this year so every game is gonna be approached as a must win but i wont get too worried unless the steelers have 5 losses.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #16
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,687 Posts

After last week's loss, there is no way to minimize the importance of tomorrow's Cincy game. Lose tomorrow and we are left playing for the wildcard.

Although the Steelers' home playoff record is known to everyone, winning 3 road games as a wildcard (starting with a first round game at New England if Denver & Indy get the byes?) to make it to the Super Bowl is not likely.

Given my guess the AFC West teams will chew each other up, 11-5 should make a wildcard (even though the Steelers lose the tiebreaker to Jax courtesy of Maddox).
Going 8-2 the rest of the way if the Steelers lose tomorrow is certainly doable, given that the only two good teams left on the schedule are the Colts on the road and the Bengals rematch at Heinz Field.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #17
Ladylinebacker#51
Water Boy

Member Number: 654

I think it is a must win game plus it is a division game.
Ladylinebacker#51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 PM   #18
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylinebacker#51
I agree, If this is not a "must win game", and we lose... then the next one definitly is.

By then the Bengals may be running away with the division...
Old 10-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #19
slashsteel

Member Number:

I think they should double Chad with Ike and Hope or with Troy. Take Chad out of the game, you have a good chance of winning.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #20
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylinebacker#51
Good point. Even though we play the pittyful NFC North we need to sweep our divison,which we should be capeable of provided we stay healthy, to ensure us a playoff spot, homefield at least for the first round. I'm not sure if homefield is actually an advantage for us given our recent performances.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote