Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884
Default Re: Titans-Colts agreement collusion fears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
How's that? To me, this is far worse than anything New England did. This challenges the very integrity of the game. Personally I'm shocked that Tony Dungy would be even remotely involved in anything this underhanded. I really don't what to believe it happened, but if it did the NFL needs to send a clear message that you don't do things like this on the field of play.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #12
The JoKeR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 620

I doubt any of it is true simply for the fact that the Jags were already in as the 5th seed. Now the colts just "let" the titans in .... I'm sure that just what they wanted....2 wild card teams from their own division. I think Dungy just wanted to get out of there without any further injury and the titans coached figured he wouldn't call a timeout. If the Steelers were in as a 2 seed and the 5 and 6 seeds were baltimore, and cleveland....you wouldn't worry?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 AM   #13
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
It'll be a hefty fine for both teams and maybe a loss of draft picks if they can prove it happened.
I was just wondering is that truly ppossible? i mean the game had no meaning for the colts and they probably just wanted to get out of there and start preparing for the playoffs... besides it was the browns fault they didnt beat cinci..
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
How's that? To me, this is far worse than anything New England did. This challenges the very integrity of the game. Personally I'm shocked that Tony Dungy would be even remotely involved in anything this underhanded. I really don't what to believe it happened, but if it did the NFL needs to send a clear message that you don't do things like this on the field of play.
And yet cheating doesn't challenge the integrity of the game? The fact that the patriacheats were enabled to cheat and got nothing for it other than a hefty fine and a loss of draft picks tells me that IF this story is true, then Goodell has noone but himself to blame!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #15
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

This is a non-story
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #16
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
These accusations will disapear pretty quick. Unless there was money involved I don't see how this is a big deal. The Colts obviously want the Chargers out of the way and think the Titans have a better shot at beating them than the Browns.
Wrong

The Browns would have a better shot at beating the Chargers IMO

Colts just wanted to get out of the game healthy and they did put forth a valid effort which is why these collusion allegations are total BS
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #17
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
The last statement is out there but your first assessment is correct. Teams can do whatever they want and justify it as long as cheating or $$ wasn't a part of the deal. If a team doesn't want to call a timeout with that little a chance of scoring they don't have too. Not wanting to risk injury is even a valid excuse. This will be forgotten fast.
Tyler

You are right on. No way Tony Dungy would collude with any opposing coach or team. Come on this guy lost his son and handled with superb dignity and honor. Not wanting to risk injury and being realistic about the big picture is the perspective Dungy had. I would have done the exact same thing. It is all about winning the Super Bowl . He owes nothing to any team but his own. I am not a big Tony Dungy fan as far as his coaching style etc is concern. I like guys like Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher , John Gruden and I am liking Tomlin but i reserve my opinion until next season . But I like Tony Dungy as a MAN. We got to believe some things we read and hear and I choose Dungy over Collins or any sports writer creating something out of nothing.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #18
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
Wrong

The Browns would have a better shot at beating the Chargers IMO

Colts just wanted to get out of the game healthy and they did put forth a valid effort which is why these collusion allegations are total BS
Agree with Lord Steeler. Colts didn't see the risk of having a punt return injury, or getting the ball and attempting a late 20 second drive to win the game worth it and let the Titans know, as Gentlemen and one Warrior to another, "Hey, We are taking a knee as well, well fought, lets both just get out of here and maybe we'll see each other later."

Had the Colts been in position to win the game, say down by 2 and at the 13 yard line and chosen to take a knee and the loss instead of kicking a game winning field goal...that would be a story.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Tyler

You are right on. No way Tony Dungy would collude with any opposing coach or team. Come on this guy lost his son and handled with superb dignity and honor. Not wanting to risk injury and being realistic about the big picture is the perspective Dungy had. I would have done the exact same thing. It is all about winning the Super Bowl . He owes nothing to any team but his own. I am not a big Tony Dungy fan as far as his coaching style etc is concern. I like guys like Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher , John Gruden and I am liking Tomlin but i reserve my opinion until next season . But I like Tony Dungy as a MAN. We got to believe some things we read and hear and I choose Dungy over Collins or any sports writer creating something out of nothing.
Michael whats up, I am up the hill in El Dorado Hills. Browns get no sympathy here, they should have beat the bungles a week earlier. Dungy is one of the most respected man in football I agree this is not a story. A patriot fan is probably pushing this story to try and get an asterisk next to someone else besides them.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #20
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Michael whats up, I am up the hill in El Dorado Hills. Browns get no sympathy here, they should have beat the bungles a week earlier. Dungy is one of the most respected man in football I agree this is not a story. A patriot fan is probably pushing this story to try and get an asterisk next to someone else besides them.
No...We think it's a load of BS but that doesn't mean we're not giving Colts fans a hard time about it. As would you if these allegations were against the Patriots.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote