Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736
Default Re: Titans-Colts agreement collusion fears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Michael whats up, I am up the hill in El Dorado Hills. Browns get no sympathy here, they should have beat the bungles a week earlier. Dungy is one of the most respected man in football I agree this is not a story. A patriot fan is probably pushing this story to try and get an asterisk next to someone else besides them.
Hi up there in El Dorado Hills ; Quite windy here today in Northern California . I live in Roseville. I am a swimming pool sales consultant / estimator and last night I met with a client in the La Riveria area and he wants to install a Steeler Logo in the bottom of his new pool we are building for him. Thought you would enjoy this tidbit. I will stay in touch with you & you do the same. Go Steelers from the extended Steeler Nation of the Sacramento area where some of the best and enthusiastic fans live . The steelers are honored every where because they are class and may they always remain so. Thank you Mr. Rooney for being who you are.

Excuse me for changing the thread but the better story for our Steeler friends is that they know the passion we have for our Steelers out here in the Sacramento California area.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #22
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

ummmmmmmm........all the Browns needed to do was one simple thing...... beat the Bengals. They lost and had to depend on other teams to get them in the playoffs. They have no right to bitch.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #23
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

The Titans would have punted with 20 seconds left in the game. What if the Colts called a timeout, Titans punted , and then on the hail mary that Indy tries, Reggie Wayne gets hurt and misses the playoffs.

Or, how is this any worse than all these guys who didn't play the last game. The fact that Manning only played 1/2 the game(or less, I don't know) is worse as far as trying to win than not calling a TO with 20 secs. left.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #24
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

One other thing, if the Browns want to cry over this, they should have taken care of business themselves. They lost to Cincy in week 16. Beat them, and they are in the playoffs.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #25
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Tyler

You are right on. No way Tony Dungy would collude with any opposing coach or team. Come on this guy lost his son and handled with superb dignity and honor. Not wanting to risk injury and being realistic about the big picture is the perspective Dungy had. I would have done the exact same thing. It is all about winning the Super Bowl . He owes nothing to any team but his own. I am not a big Tony Dungy fan as far as his coaching style etc is concern. I like guys like Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher , John Gruden and I am liking Tomlin but i reserve my opinion until next season . But I like Tony Dungy as a MAN. We got to believe some things we read and hear and I choose Dungy over Collins or any sports writer creating something out of nothing.
Thanks, it is pretty often a good idea to side with Dungy over a sports writer lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #26
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

Gosh guys, it's just cheating. The Patriots* did and look where they are.

._.
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #27
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

I love it....two teams agree to fix a game and some of you say it's no big deal.

Anything to justify your blind and irrational hatred of the Pats I guess.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I love it....two teams agree to fix a game and some of you say it's no big deal.

Anything to justify your blind and irrational hatred of the Pats I guess.
Has nothing to do with the Pats - funny how easily you trivialized their cheating.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #29
Chronicgaming
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1067

Updated story from MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22487240/

Quote:
MSNBC News Services
updated 11:23 a.m. MT, Thurs., Jan. 3, 2008

Did Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans coaches have an under-the-table agreement at the end of last Sunday's game?

Tennessee quarterback Kerry Collins said on WFAN Radio on Thursday that the Titans kneeled at the end of the game Sunday because they knew the Colts wouldn't call a timeout.

With Tennessee leading 16-10 and needing a victory to make the playoffs, the Titans had originally called a running play, Collins said. But the team changed to a kneeldown when he was told over his headset that the Colts wouldn't call a timeout, which would have possibly forced the Titans to punt with less than 20 seconds left in the game, Collins said.

"Apparently there was some communication between Jeff (Fisher) and Tony (Dungy)," Collins said on WFAN.

Fisher said he knew Dungy wouldn't use the timeout because he's so familiar with the Colts coach's thinking, the Knoxville (Tenn.) News-Sentinel reported Thursday.

"Let me just say, I knew he wasn't going to use it. Tony and I were on the competition committee for a long time," Fisher said, the newspaper reported.

The Titans coach also said the Colts would have gotten the ball back with 25 seconds left but down nine because Tennessee would have kicked another field goal, the newspaper reported.

"It didn't make any sense. They gave it their best shot," Fisher said, the News-Sentinel reported.

Dungy congratulated the Titans.

"I have to congratulate the Titans and I think it is a feather in the cap of our division to get three teams in the playoffs,? Dungy said, Colts.com reported. ?They (the Titans) certainly deserve it.?

If true, the Cleveland Browns could possibly file a grievance alleging collusion, which is against NFL rules. The Browns would have made the playoffs if the Titans had lost.

Collins also said he thought starting quarterback Vince Young was day-to-day, but "he'll do whatever he needs to do to get ready to play."
Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 AM   #30
Rinkleroot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 868

This story is Lame to say the least but the Pats fans trying to make something out of it is worst than lame, get over yourselves Pats Fans!!
Rinkleroot is offline   Reply With Quote