Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
Defense43
Water Boy

Member Number: 8057
Default Funny moment I had with Jeff Reed

The summer before last there was a GALA event at the UPMC Steelers practice facility in the South Side which benefitted cancer research. It was held in the indoor practice field. At this time the Steelers were beginning their pre-season workouts and voluntary practices. I was hired by my buddies father (who runs a catering service) to work a buffet line which was set up every day for the workers who were setting up for the event. We were set up in a large tent in the parking lot in which the Steelers normally use to park their vehicles during practice.

After practice one day, Jeff Reed and Long Snapper Greg Warren entered the tent to grab a bite to eat. As he made his way down the buffet line towards me I engaged in small talk with them. I wouldn't say his speech was "co.cky" but more like "cool" and "slang." I asked them if they got there rings yet and what not (in which they didn't but they were fitted for them and waiting). Jeff was decked out in his North Carolina gear basketball shorts cut off shirt headband and all. It looked as If they were playing basketball. So I asked him if they had basketball hoops in the facility and were playing. He replied by saying "Naw, we was just playin some ultimate frisby on the field" and that it gets pretty competitive. I asked him if his team won and he says, "Naw we got smoked." That is when I could not pass up the oppurtunity to say "Yeah well what can you do? You can't really kick a frisby." (Trying to get a laugh) While I had Greg Warren howling, Jeff didn't think it was too funny haha. He says "Naw naw it ain't even like dat."

That just shows the kind of competitive nature he has which is probably why he's so clutch. I joke with my friends (who were working with me at the time) and say that Greg Warren probly motivates him before he kicks 50 yarders by saying "Hey Jeff remember that time that punk kid told you you can't really kick a frisbee."
Defense43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Funny moment I had with Jeff Reed

HAHA OMG That is awesome!!! wow I wish I had stories like that to tell
Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

thats hilarious!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Defense43, if Jeff has to kick kick a 50 plus yard field goal to win us the super bowl in the final seconds I will personally go thank you

great story!
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

haha you know what would be the most hilarious thing... if reed kicks like a 54 yarder to win a playoff game, and they ask what motivated him....

"well at minicamps a few years back, some guy said that i couldn't kick a frisbee, and i imagined that the ball was a frisbee and kicked it as hard as i could, so now

PITTSBURGHS GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!"

a boy can dream, can't he?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Defense43
Water Boy

Member Number: 8057

Another thing I found funny was that even though the whole team had to park in the upper parking lot and get shuttled down (in which they were not happy about), Big Ben parked his motorcycle right in front of the facility all week lol (This was before his accident of course). He pretty much does what he wants in this city.
Defense43 is offline   Reply With Quote