Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #21
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Patriots* Wilfork fined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddyo View Post
Wilfork is a great player and he got fined for what happened. I'm sure he learned his lesson.

People hate the Pats cause they are successful. Steeler fans wish they could have a team that doesn't get beat by the Jets.
Beat = Fine by all of us
Cheat =Your team and all its bandwagon jumping fans can drill holes in your heads and let the sap run out.

I hate the pats for the same reason I hate barry Bonds...the whole body of their work needs an asterik.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #22
NEDynasty
Water Boy

Member Number: 8066

I think its great how everyone hates the Patriots. The Patriots team doesn't care they still got the 3 Trophys and are laughing at everyone else. People always hate greatness and I accept that It is ok just realize what you are witnessing maybe the best team ever. Maybe if Wilfork had actually poked him in the eye instead of just pointing in his face he would be suspended but he didn't.
NEDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDynasty View Post
I think its great how everyone hates the Patriots. The Patriots team doesn't care they still got the 3 Trophys and are laughing at everyone else. People always hate greatness and I accept that It is ok just realize what you are witnessing maybe the best team ever. Maybe if Wilfork had actually poked him in the eye instead of just pointing in his face he would be suspended but he didn't.
Yep, we're very aware that they don't care how they win, and that is up to and including cheating. Keep laughing it up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
No they don't. If they did they would have called that late hit on Moss that almost took him out of the game. I know you guys saw it. Moss was just watching the play on the other side of the field when he got hit from behind by a well aimed hit. What, all fun and games right?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
You'll notice YOU came to OUR forum....because you recognize greatness.

5 superbowl victories...18 division titles since the merger...22 playoff appearances...
...and the best part?

WE will never have an * beside our season!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
No they don't. If they did they would have called that late hit on Moss that almost took him out of the game. I know you guys saw it. Moss was just watching the play on the other side of the field when he got hit from behind by a well aimed hit. What, all fun and games right?
What I saw was a non-TD against the Ravens...and a 15 yard penalty against the Giants for your player tripping over a ref....so please...keep crying about how poor Randy got hit on a play.
If he wasnt such a selfish piece of crap he would have been blocking instead of watching the play
Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #27
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

I can't say that I'm shocked. I didn't expect Goodell to step up and do the right thing... after all, it wasn't like he expressed his ire to a ref, like Sapp did... which resulted in a 75k fine. All Wilfork did was try to poke a guy's eye out... I can understand why the punishment was lenient.
silver & black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032

He's a Patriot, so it's OK.

Honestly, it's embarassing how the NFL has treated Patriots this year when it has come to fines. A mere fine for cheating first off, which should have resulted in forfeiting instead.

This most recent action was definitely deliberate. For him to say it was an accident is a pure joke. He should've been fined $25k and suspended for their first playoff game. What a joke the NFL has become with handling these instances...

I don't know if any of you noticed the referree involved with the scuffle (his # was 122), but he saw it happen and did not throw a flag. What in the world is that about??
Old 01-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #29
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
nobody hates you because your team is good.. they hate you because you team and fans are idiot scum bags. you arent the bulls of the 90s, 49ers of the 80s, steelers of the 70s, etc.. people disliked those teams because they were so good, but respected them as a team for what they brought to the court/field. the patriots dont have anyone's respect.. at least not mine. the only reason they are pulling in such high ratings this year is because everybody wants to see them lose or brady go down. you arent gaining fans from those ratings other than the typical band wagoner that goest from team to team.

we built our huge fan base from people who started watching in the 70s and liked the way we played and what we stood for. they never jumped off in the 80s because of the respect and love for the team they had.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
nobody hates you because your team is good.. they hate you because you team and fans are idiot scum bags. you arent the bulls of the 90s, 49ers of the 80s, steelers of the 70s, etc.. people disliked those teams because they were so good, but respected them as a team for what they brought to the court/field. the patriots dont have anyone's respect.. at least not mine. the only reason they are pulling in such high ratings this year is because everybody wants to see them lose or brady go down. you arent gaining fans from those ratings other than the typical band wagoner that goest from team to team.

we built our huge fan base from people who started watching in the 70s and liked the way we played and what we stood for. they never jumped off in the 80s because of the respect and love for the team they had.
You guys do know it's only a game. There is no reason to hate anyone.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote